PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cris Collinsworth‘s interception before halftime

Collinsworth and Michaels on the Colts infamous fake punt attempt was absolutely perfect. I think their commentary made the play even more laughable like a good movie score enhances the story. That, Pagano's face, and the ref referring to "the entire offensive line"...lol!

Collinsworth and Michaels on the Colts infamous fake punt attempt was absolutely perfect. I think their commentary made the play even more laughable like a good movie score enhances the story. That, Pagano's face, and the ref referring to "the entire offensive line"...lol!

Classic! Can't make this stuff up.

I think he sucks.He never stops talking and 99% of the time, he could say the same stuff even without a picture of a game going on. Was it 3 stories about Mahomes playing shortstop?

By contrast, I enjoy any game with Romo. He talks about the game and the strategy from a QBs POV and he's kind of funny in a goofy way.

This! It was really their incredulity at the stupidity that was unraveling in front of our eyes that made that play a legend.

I think he sucks.He never stops talking and 99% of the time, he could say the same stuff even without a picture of a game going on. Was it 3 stories about Mahomes playing shortstop?

By contrast, I enjoy any game with Romo. He talks about the game and the strategy from a QBs POV and he's kind of funny in a goofy way.
Romo talks too much. He would make a good radio guy.

That play...it is just magical....it always makes me smile. "Illegal formation. The whole right side..."

Technical issues,., please ignore

Collinsworth gushed about Mahomes passing with just his arm strength/his body not being positioned properly for even decent pass mechanics. Yes Mahomes definitely did make some good throws from this situation, however, I'll bet the mortgage payment this does not have long term viability.

I understand Collinsworth is championing the newest QB sensation. That's part of his job as a mouthpiece. But throwing passes like this except in the very infrequent circumstance is a recipe for turnovers. And the Patriots, I believe, had 2 solid INT chances (McCourty had one right in his hands) that were not taken advantage of. I'll bet these were both the sidearm specials that Collinsworth was gushing over.

Collinsworth gushed about Mahomes passing with just his arm strength/his body not being positioned properly for even decent pass mechanics. Yes Mahomes definitely did make some good throws from this situation, however, I'll bet the mortgage payment this does not have long term viability.

I understand Collinsworth is championing the newest QB sensation. That's part of his job as a mouthpiece. But throwing passes like this except in the very infrequent circumstance is a recipe for turnovers. And the Patriots, I believe, had 2 solid INT chances (McCourty had one right in his hands) that were not taken advantage of. I'll bet these were both the sidearm specials that Collinsworth was gushing over.

I agree. I saw him get flushed out of the pocket and then make off-balance throws that, in this stage of his career, he has the shoulder and arm strength to make. That's going to put a lot of wear and tear on his arm and shoulder.

I was watching the 4th quarter over again and right when Brady started the game winning drive with 3 minutes to go Al Michaels was pointing out that Brady has had 43 game winning drives. Collinsworth responded with something along the lines of "well Patrick Mahomes is going to be a great quarterback for many years to come". Who asked you anyway, Collinsworth?

I was watching the 4th quarter over again and right when Brady started the game winning drive with 3 minutes to go Al Michaels was pointing out that Brady has had 43 game winning drives. Collinsworth responded with something along the lines of "well Patrick Mahomes is going to be a great quarterback for many years to come". Who asked you anyway, Collinsworth?
Collinsworth also called Brady the GOAT at least six times during the game. So what if he is showing respect for an opponent. It's as if people here take it as a slight that someone suggests another QB could be great.

Collinsworth also called Brady the GOAT at least six times during the game. So what if he is showing respect for an opponent. It's as if people here take it as a slight that someone suggests another QB could be great.
It was just odd that he reponded that way when Michaels was pointing out a great accomplishment by Brady and now he's in a situation to do it again. Usually when someone makes a new point to someone they're doing that to invite further commentary on it. Instead he ignores it completely and decides to talk about Mahomes. I do see it as a slight.

That stat still blows my mind. That's nearly 3 full seasons!!!

I remember when they showed that stat last season on a game Romo was commentating on, where Romo with genuine incredulity exclaimed "Is that a real stat??!"

That stat still blows my mind. That's nearly 3 full seasons!!!

I remember when they showed that stat last season on a game Romo was commentating on, where Romo with genuine incredulity exclaimed "Is that a real stat??!"
Yeah I remember that except it was 4th quarter comebacks and it was 50. But your example makes my point. Collinsworth responds to the stat with how good Mahomes will be:confused:. A normal response would be one like Romo's and yours. It blew Romo's mind and it blew your mind. Collinsworth totally dismissed it.

Slow down pal. What exactly do you mean "another QB could be great"??

Collinsworth/Micheals are the best NFL commentating duo of all-time.

Romo is also fantastic and has some things that Collinsworth doesn't, but Cris is a much better storyteller and really "setting the scene" and talking about the bigger picture. Romo can sometimes get into a rut of trying to convince the viewer why the team losing has a shot while Cris calls it like it is.

Regardless, it doesn't matter the commentator, there's always bound to be 50 people on here who HATE them.

Yeah I remember that except it was 4th quarter comebacks and it was 50. But your example makes my point. Collinsworth responds to the stat with how good Mahomes will be:confused:. A normal response would be one like Romo's and yours. It blew Romo's mind and it blew your mind. Collinsworth totally dismissed it.

Agreed, it was totally a "but but...(*insert counterpoint)" response. Quite typical of Collinsworthless, always overcompensating for the underdog in the situation.

Similar to how he completely disregarded Butler's phenomenal execution on the SB49 pick, easily one of the greatest defensive plays in SB history, and instead droned on ad-nauseam about the playcall being a pass.

Hey Chris, when the situation merits it, it's okay to give full credit to the deserving party WITHOUT feeling compelled to offer a balancing counterpoint.

Collinsworth kept droning on about how the inability to sack Brady was a key turning point in the game.

News flash: defensive holding was also called, the sack would have been negated, and it would have been 1st and goal from the 2. Zero impact on anything.

I still like pretty much every announcer. Joe/Troy are tolerable but my least favorite #1 team because for the most part neither seems capable of emotion unless it's Randy Moss pretending to pull his pants down.

Romo's easily my favorite color guy and Al Michaels is probably my favorite play by play guy.

The only one who really gets on my nerves regularly is Fouts. Especially when Fouts gets a hair up his ass about a play he won't shut up about it like some grumpy Grandpa.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back