PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CPP # Retirement

mosey threetupu

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Move this to the Celts forum if more appropriate but I think there’s a parallel. 15 years as an elite Celtic. I’m not saying he’s Brady level but when will be the next time an elite athlete plays in Boston for 15 years? TB12, Papi, CPP, Chara. Don’t think we’ll see the likes of this again as a region.

Pierce is great but one championship over 15 years? He’s not on the level of an Ortiz let alone a Brady.

Pierce is great but one championship over 15 years? He’s not on the level of an Ortiz let alone a Brady.
When he had the cast they were legit contenders every year. Could make a chance he should’ve won 3 straight. The ******** calls vs Miami and Lakers. Perk injury. **** that season vs the Nets who were very good.

That said it was more about a generation we’ve witnessed of sustained excellence with guys that just seem to love it here.

He kissed Center court when he came back and basically recruited Anthony Davis tonight - “K.G. told me his only regret is not coming here 5 years earlier”.

Pierce was a great Celtic and a legit HoF player, more on the level of a Bergeron/Chara than an Ortiz or Brady. That's in terms of star power in their respective sports not to put Ortiz in Brady's rare air.

On the topic of long tenures (ignoring the "elite" part), Gostkowski is looking to enter his 13th year with the Patriots next year.

Off the top of my head that would make him tied for the fourth longest tenured player in Patriots franchise history.

17 years: Tom Brady
15 years: Steve Grogan
14 years: Troy Brown
13 years: Bruce Armstrong, Steve Nelson

He's still young for a kicker (34), so could technically end up finishing #2 to Brady as the longest tenured player in Patriots history, if his play (and missed extra points in huge games...) warrants the team keeping him.

I think they should keep him. He’s not bad even though he drives me crazy blowing kicks

On the topic of long tenures (ignoring the "elite" part), Gostkowski is looking to enter his 13th year with the Patriots next year.

Off the top of my head that would make him tied for the fourth longest tenured player in Patriots franchise history.

17 years: Tom Brady
15 years: Steve Grogan
14 years: Troy Brown
13 years: Bruce Armstrong, Steve Nelson

He's still young for a kicker (34), so could technically end up finishing #2 to Brady as the longest tenured player in Patriots history, if his play (and missed extra points in huge games...) warrants the team keeping him.
15 seasons, an original "New England" Patriot
defensive-lineman-julius-adams-of-the-new-england-patriots-looks-on-picture-id81963873

16 seasons, 26,886 passing yards, 2,176 rushing yards
185 passing touchdowns, 35 rushing touchdowns, 75 wins
steve-grogan-former-new-england-patriots-qb-image-color-slide-50023772.jpg

18 seasons, five rings, and counting
s-l1000.jpg

Move this to the Celts forum if more appropriate but I think there’s a parallel. 15 years as an elite Celtic. I’m not saying he’s Brady level but when will be the next time an elite athlete plays in Boston for 15 years? TB12, Papi, CPP, Chara. Don’t think we’ll see the likes of this again as a region.
Detractors reveled in Cavs' win; yes, after four months of doing nothing they got together for the first time and played like it was the seventh game of the NBA Finals...LeBron also celebrated like it was the seventh game of the NBA Finals...the Celtics, meanwhile, have been trying hard all year, and yesterday they were almost as bad defensively as they were offensively...

The Cavs did not "ruin" anything on Sunday. Our uniforms were still much more palatable than the Cavs'. Yes, we've won the same amount of titles since 1987 but if you go back further we blow them away.

And...Black History Month? Okay, I'm totally lost. The vast majority of faces of guests on the court, and Paul's, are black.

Anyway, it was a totally fun, entertaining, happy night.

Paul Pierce is one of the toughest players I've ever seen in my life. Since he was a rookie, Paul was pretty much the only thing opponents had to try to stop on the Celtics, and they knew it. They hacked him. Night. After night. After night. And he kept getting up.

Paul's also one of the last direct ties to Red, who loved him. Among the many stories, they worked in how smart a player Paul was.

It was a humorous moment, but also quite poignant, when Paul said, "Danny, when the new ownership brought you in I said, 'That's it. I'm gone...He's cleaning house...I'm outa here...' James Posey was in attendance yesterday, and while he was recognized for his invaluable contribution to the title in '08, when Ainge let him walk to New Orleans for a slightly better deal, I said 'That's it. There will be no more titles.' I was right. It sent the clear message to the league and the Celtics themselves, including Ray Allen, that the team was not committed to winning multiple titles, but instead was going to dink around and mess it up. Ray played his heart out for several more years here, to no avail. He cannot be blamed for escaping to South Beach after the millionth trade rumor.

So, Paul is where he belongs now, with the rest of the Celtics family heroes. And this family extends way beyond those with retired numbers up in the rafters of the Garden.

Detractors reveled in Cavs' win; yes, after four months of doing nothing they got together for the first time and played like it was the seventh game of the NBA Finals...LeBron also celebrated like it was the seventh game of the NBA Finals...the Celtics, meanwhile, have been trying hard all year, and yesterday they were almost as bad defensively as they were offensively...

The Cavs did not "ruin" anything on Sunday. Our uniforms were still much more palatable than the Cavs'. Yes, we've won the same amount of titles since 1987 but if you go back further we blow them away.

And...Black History Month? Okay, I'm totally lost. The vast majority of faces of guests on the court, and Paul's, are black.

Anyway, it was a totally fun, entertaining, happy night.

Paul Pierce is one of the toughest players I've ever seen in my life. Since he was a rookie, Paul was pretty much the only thing opponents had to try to stop on the Celtics, and they knew it. They hacked him. Night. After night. After night. And he kept getting up.

Paul's also one of the last direct ties to Red, who loved him. Among the many stories, they worked in how smart a player Paul was.

It was a humorous moment, but also quite poignant, when Paul said, "Danny, when the new ownership brought you in I said, 'That's it. I'm gone...He's cleaning house...I'm outa here...' James Posey was in attendance yesterday, and while he was recognized for his invaluable contribution to the title in '08, when Ainge let him walk to New Orleans for a slightly better deal, I said 'That's it. There will be no more titles.' I was right. It sent the clear message to the league and the Celtics themselves, including Ray Allen, that the team was not committed to winning multiple titles, but instead was going to dink around and mess it up. Ray played his heart out for several more years here, to no avail. He cannot be blamed for escaping to South Beach after the millionth trade rumor.

So, Paul is where he belongs now, with the rest of the Celtics family heroes. And this family extends way beyond those with retired numbers up in the rafters of the Garden.
Ray Allen is that you? If it is I’m a hot 21 year old of questionable gender origin. Hit me up on Skype.

*** I agree on the CPP stuff.

Pierce was a great Celtic and a legit HoF player, more on the level of a Bergeron/Chara than an Ortiz or Brady. That's in terms of star power in their respective sports not to put Ortiz in Brady's rare air.
Here’s why this isn’t a great analogy- the Celts drafted Pierce. Some say he fell to them some say he was fat. Either way I’d say Borque is a closer comparison but Peirce won here.

So, Paul is where he belongs now, with the rest of the Celtics family heroes. And this family extends way beyond those with retired numbers up in the rafters of the Garden.[/QUOTE]
I remember too many occasions when Pierce faked ill to put him up with the Celtic greats.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back