PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Court denies Brady a re-hearing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pissed off about this and hope he continues to fight, however if he does have to serve the suspension, I can't be the only one excited about a fired up, well rested Brady coming back!! I hope they run up the score on every team and embarrass these owners that helped make this non thing a huge story and ruined Bradys reputation in the process. I know odds are slim but I really do hope he files a defamation suit against Goddell and the league office!

I don't think the odds are slim at all, that Brady could win a defamation case.

As a public figure, it is difficult, in theory, to win, but the NFL* and ESPN have acted recklessly and maliciously in numerous instances.

It's basically over. Very little chance that the Supreme Court will take this case.

Looking at the bright side, at least it's still definitely possible for us to go 1-3 or even 2-2 with Garropolo. BYE week is in the middle of the season so Brady will definitely be rested and ready to go during the Playoffs. I don't think it's a huge deal this season that we might not win Home Field since barring injuries (as usual), our team is pretty damn good this year.

At this point I'd rather have Brady take a defamation suit road in the future.

I'm burnt out about the whole four game suspension thing. If he serves it he serves it. We'll be fine.

Shut up Fauria.

No real surprise here, but it does hurt when it's actually the reality. Taking one of the greatest players of all time and having him sit for 4 games for 'maybe' deflating footballs of approximately 8% l is going to be Goodell's legacy, not Brady's. Even if Brady himself was caught on tape sticking the gauge in the ball himself he should never be getting 4 games for a violation that clearly outlined in the rule book as a 25K fine. Yah, I know, it's about the phone...yada yada yada - it's not! It's about power and greatness that the NFL is sick of seeing from TB12 and the Patriots. This is all about stopping the MACHINE.

Silver lining here... Brady (at 39) is the most well-rested players in the league heading into the playoffs! Who knows, maybe this completely backfires on the NFL. If anyone can turn this into a positive - it's Tom Brady!

Looking at the bright side, at least it's still definitely possible for us to go 1-3 or even 2-2
Your looking at the bright side needs work, my friend.

I still think Brady plays, but if JG does step in, I would put it at 2-2 at worst.

The consequences are a lot more broad than article 146. The precedent this case sets makes things like notice, impartial arbitration and a fair process almost meaningless. The Law of Shop has become the Law of ****.

In the second district, at least.

Not surprised.

Tom is in his right to keep fighting as he should since he is innocent.

Time for TB12 to randomly run into Notorious RBG and charm that sexy thang....

Time for the Patriots to catch a team "cheating" in Foxboro. Demand blood. Expose the fraud.
Yeah, right. Kraft is more likely to bury the evidence himself to protect the 32 than he is to demand or expose anything.

Which is why we are saying justice has failed.

It didn't though. It sets a new legal precedent. So, now what was unfair under the law is now fair. Unless the Supreme Court overturns it or someone else challenges it.

It didn't though. It sets a new legal precedent. So, now what was unfair under the law is now fair. Unless the Supreme Court overturns it or someone else challenges it.
The point of law is protect and strive for justice. It does not define justice.

My only solace towards the morons out there, is that one point I point out EVERY time a moron comes out of the woodwork to gloat, is I state this

"The NFL lawyers, in a court of law, told a judge, that they have no definitive proof that Brady did anything wrong." Now, if they can mentally comprehend that statement, I'm not sure it's possible (especially Jet's fans), but it's there in black and white, they can't escape the fact that the NFL ever proved Brady did anything wrong. Even in the Wells Report, the summary states they have no definitive proof Brady did anything wrong.

So in essence, the NFL is suspending a player without proof of any wrongdoing by the player. You can't get away from that fact. Jet's and opposing fans can spin it any way they want, but they are suspending a player without any proof of wrongdoing.

To me, even if he has to serve 4 games, it was a double win

1) NFL Lawyers state in a court of law to a judge, that they had no proof Brady did anything wrong

2) Judge Berman saw through the ******** and ruled correctly.

Your looking at the bright side needs work, my friend.

I still think Brady plays, but if JG does step in, I would put it at 2-2 at worst.
I'd be happy with 2-2. Both Bills games were 1 score games last year with Brady and the Pats have lost 1 game vs Miami the last two years. Both losses were in Mia though. I do think this roster is stronger though. I hate that this suspension could really screw us over for home field advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back