PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Wilfork Get Suspended For That Poke To The Eye? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the two teams were going back and forth at each other they both could have mutliple guys suspended but its football and it was a huge game and a huge TEAM win. But i think there will plenty of fines and no Vince wont be suspended but his pockets will fill a little light.

stooges_eye_poke_1.jpg

Come on guys. He was clearly just pointing at him initially (between his eyes in an f-u b*tch motion) and went too far. Was it stupid? Yes. Was he trying to poke either of his eyes? Nope.

Re: Could Wilfork Get Suspended For That Poke To The Eye?

murabma said:
What? No comment on the substance of my post? Since then, you already just got another BS call tonight to give you the ball on the Giants 2. Face it, someone in your organization is paying refs. Don't hurt yourself hopping off the bandwagon....

ah, shaddup you bitter piece of cr*p.

Why don't you just sit back and enjoy the Bills in the Playoffs...:eek:

Last edited:
If he had been seem by the refs, he definitely would have been thrown out of the game. One can hope that the NFL only gives him a fine. IMHO, a suspension is indeed warrented.

Why is it I fully expected that to be your humble opinion...LOL You are nothing if not a drama queen mg, particularly where any appearance of transgression is concerned. Maybe Bob Kraft will spank him with a wet noodle.

Folks here have no idea what all was going on on the field. Those Giants were pretty intense. Testosterone is a biatch.

I dunno either way it was ******ed.

Re: Could Wilfork Get Suspended For That Poke To The Eye?

I dunno, he would probably get suspeneded if it was say, mid-season, but I bet Goddell just fines him heavily, since you know, the next game will be a playoff game. And lets face it, everyone tunes in to either see the Pats lose, or to cheer them on, they sell tickets, merchandise and tv ratings. He wants to keep that up

he didnt make contact... either that or jacobs has a glass eye

i cant see a suspension

He didn't touch his eye. The dude wasn't even blinking. He might get a fine. Honestly, I was laughing my ass off.

If he had been seem by the refs, he definitely would have been thrown out of the game. One can hope that the NFL only gives him a fine. IMHO, a suspension is indeed warrented.

It was taunting. It wasn't malicious intent to injure.

He'll be fined, for sure. Suspension would be overkill.

That sort of thing goes on, unnoticed, 10 times a game? It was in bad taste, but it wasn't in bad blood. The game was chippy.

I repeat, it was a TAUNT. Nothing more. At 330+, Wilfork could have intended to injure young J. easily. If anything, it wasa point in the face that went a little too far.

Looks bad, and in bad taste. NFL football, man.

Given that Mankins wasn't suspended for punching that guy in the balls last year, I can't imagine this would warrant a suspension.

He didn't touch his eye. The dude wasn't even blinking. He might get a fine. Honestly, I was laughing my ass off.

Exactly. Another case of TV trying to build drama. And gullibe, high-drama people watching thinking the eye got poked.

Has there ever been anyone fined when a flag wasn't thrown?

Has there ever been anyone fined when a flag wasn't thrown?
Many times. They don't ignore events just because they didn't throw a flag.

Stupid action. He deserves to get fined. Call it a stupid tax towards the leagues favorite charity.

I wasn't laughing because it will jepordize Vince, but your assessment was right. The guy didn't blink immediately or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST