PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for the information. Ive been on vacation for the past week. No tv and little internet except for Patsfans. I call ******** on 65000 ventilators. There are probably more hospitals than that in the country. It also would be nice to have a dicussion on this country without slamming one political party or the another. Not happening here but I see it all the time on FB and other venues. Unless we can work together we are doomed no matter what crisis hits.

Was out running errands today. What I noticed:

- Disinfectant wipes are nowhere to be found.

- Costco was cleared out of toilet paper, but Target had it in abundance.

- Bags of rice are tough to find, unless you want the 20lb+ bags from Costco where they were in abundance.

Everything else is pretty much readily available.

Regards,
Chris

- Bags of rice are tough to find, unless you want the 20lb+ bags from Costco where they were in abundance.

Regards,
Chris
there is plenty of Lysol. at least in my area. It kills viruses. that's all you need. spray it on and you are good to go. then rinse.

there is plenty of Lysol. at least in my area. It kills viruses. that's all you need. spray it on and you are good to go. then rinse.
I've seen disinfectant sprays, hand sanitizer and hand soap in scarce quantities, but not sold out.

Regards,
Chris

Why does it matter how many strains of rhinovirus there are? We have some basic level of immunity to most of them due to prior exposure and existing antibodies.
Are you kidding? When you argue 30% of the country gets the common cold, therefore it stands to reason 30% of the country could get Coronavirus, it sure as hell makes logical sense to rebut that statement by pointing out you’re comparing something with hundreds of strains to one single strain.

Yes we have a basic level of immunity but nobody is immune too all strains of the common cold.

Last edited:
Latest confirmed facts:

1). Incubation time before symptoms show: five to 14 days.
2). Duration of illness: minimum two weeks, maximum six weeks.
3). Those infected can spread the disease throughout its duration.

Regards,
Chris
Besides a shortage of disinfectant, I noticed a shortage of chips at my supermarket. Ruffles, Doritos, Tostitos, Cape Cod.... I’m dead serious.... I have no idea if they just didn’t get their delivery, didn’t stock the delivery yet, if supply chains were interrupted or if people are just stockpiling chips.

Besides a shortage of disinfectant, I noticed a shortage of chips at my supermarket. Ruffles, Doritos, Tostitos, Cape Cod.... I’m dead serious.... I have no idea if they just didn’t get their delivery, didn’t stock the delivery yet, if supply chains were interrupted or if people are just stockpiling chips.
That's odd. I was actually looking for chips so I distinctly noticed the chips aisle being fully stocked at both Target and Safeway.

Regards,
Chris

Are you kidding? When you argue 30% of the country gets the common cold, therefore it stands to reason 30% of the country could get Coronavirus, it sure as hell makes logical sense to rebut that statement by pointing out you’re comparing something with hundreds of strains to one single strain.

Yes we have a basic level of immunity but nobody is immune too all strains of the common cold.
That's true, but only 10 years ago we have an empirical case of 20% of the country getting one single strain of something.

You probably don’t need any more potato chips, bud. Maybe check the salad aisle.

That's odd. I was actually looking for chips so I distinctly noticed the chips aisle being fully stocked at both Target and Safeway.

Regards,
Chris

The Bay Area chooses starvation over gluten.

Regards,
Chris
Yeah it could have easily been just stocking day at my grocery store or something like that. Whew!!

Now if there’s ever a beer shortage, *that’s* when I’ll join the panic....

upload_2020-3-10_13-41-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-10_13-41-35.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-10_13-41-35.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2
For the "no big deal", "just another flu", "media hype" crowd, read these two links re: Italy

The first is from a doctor talking about everything is overloaded and conditions are insane.
The second is reporting that in parts of the Italy the triage line is "65 or older, or younger with comorbidities". That means that if you are 65 or older, or if you are younger but have comorbidities you are not even being assessed, and if you code you are being left to die unattended because things are so overloaded they need to focus on people with a better chance of coming through.

joke-italy.jpg

For the "no big deal", "just another flu", "media hype" crowd, read these two links re: Italy

The first is from a doctor talking about everything is overloaded and conditions are insane.
The second is reporting that in parts of the Italy the triage line is "65 or older, or younger with comorbidities". That means that if you are 65 or older, or if you are younger but have comorbidities you are not even being assessed, and if you code you are being left to die unattended because things are so overloaded they need to focus on people with a better chance of coming through.
But ... But isn't it a fake news hoax deep state conspiracy? Decorated national hero Rush Limbaugh said it's just a cold, and our own sagacious @FCB02062 said it's a big nothing like the Y2K scare. o_O

WATCH: Trump Supporter Says Coronavirus Doesn't Exist, Is Fabricated By Dems To Hurt The President

Here's a useful essay on what is coming around the corner. Worth reading through to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore