PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If come November the Dow was still around 30k, unemployment same levels he would have beaten Biden.

Now? Its a total toss-up. Maybe worse odds than that.

You're correct. In the end, people will vote with their wallet. If the economy tanks, he'll get beat. If this is a blip on the radar that goes away, he'll win.

************ man he’s in the middle. I’m a Dem but I hate liberals because of **** like this. The ****ing party will cannibalize itself and everyone will wonder why all of the moderate voters have gone red..

who's in the middle? .... I thought I was

he is not

I'm aware.

CDC funding has been cut by 10% since 2010.
I’ll add a little more context.

After Zika and Ebola we graded out pretty poorly because there weren’t collaboration pathways between all of the agencies and departments that deploy resources to combat problems like this. There were a couple offices that were setup to alleviate the complications from the logistical overhead and allow much more seamless coordination between all of the actors. Those got scrapped. The remaining issue is now all of these pathways need to be rediscovered with different individuals at different agencies that may or may not serve in the same roles as before so the collaboration will be null until an inefficient solution is sorted out in real time. The inefficiency and real time portions are the highlights here. We are seeing how bad it can actually be when time and efficiency are absolutely critical.

who's in the middle? .... I thought I was

he is not
No offense man but you’re about as left as left gets. RW is a pretty level headed dude. That should be pretty obvious when stacked against other guys in the thread (Triumph, Jangles)

What are you talking about? Biden would be a much tougher opponent for Trump than Bernie. For one, Biden would have an easier time winning Pennsylvania and Florida, two states where Bernie has pissed off a lot of people. Did you even think this through?

No offense man but you’re about as left as left gets. RW is a pretty level headed dude. That should be pretty obvious when stacked against other guys in the thread (Triumph, Jangles)

none taken......you'd have to have some kind of basis for your claim.....you don't

Could you gents include something that indicates who you're responding to? I'm lost at this point.

I never said there were models based on my beliefs. I based it on my own belief and what we are doing. With that said the NY Times has some if/then modeling.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/13/coronavirus-latest-news/
That article just says they are talking (today) about how to implement testing. Jesus, they're still just talking? WTF, I thought this guy was from private sector and knew how to make things happen, the decider.

He has no clue what he is doing. It is so apparent. Has his followers totally confused. One day, this is nothing, common flu, my gut tells me... Next day he's banning all flights from Europe and market tanks.

He's got Rush and Hannity trying to cover for his 180 degree reversal, blaming it on what he has to do because of the media. It's a fv^ken clown show I tell ya.

Really? That's the best you can do?

I only speak the truth. Its painfully obvious some of you are hoping Trump fails. Rather than standing up for America, you hope (and try to justify) China does better in its response to the coronovirus.

He's neither left nor right. It varies based on who's in office.

ouch............I miss Obama now, I'll tell you that much

sometimes it takes things like the current administration to reset perspective

I only speak the truth. Its painfully obvious some of you are hoping Trump fails. Rather than standing up for America, you hope (and try to justify) China does better in its response to the coronovirus.

That is an absurd misrepresentation of what people have actually been saying.

And if you want to play this game, it's pretty obvious you're just sticking your fingers in your ears rather than admitting that Trump is completely out of his depth.

Last edited:
The grass isn't always greener...

true.......changed from R to I in 2012....mostly because of the tea party

I voted in the R primary in 2016 (Kasich), but when trump got nominated........well that was it......not even political as it had more to do with family business dealings with him in NYC (my bro is an architect whose company was stiffed by Trump.....the guy screws everyone and has been doing it since long before he got elected

That is an absurd misrepresentation of what people have actually been saying.

And if you want to play this game, it's pretty obvious you're just sticking your fingers in your ears rather than admit that Trump is completely out of his depth.

What exactly has Trump done so poorly during this crisis? Could more testing kits been made available by the private sector? Sure, but that's not his fault as the supply of the chemicals needed for the kits here in this country is low. Could he have shut down travel from Europe sooner? Yes, this is one area where he should have acted earlier. Is it his fault people who are coming from China to the US were going through Europe first and lying to US authorities where they've been?

BTW, how did Obama do with H1N1?

Last edited:
What exactly has Trump done so poorly during this crisis? Could more testing kits been made available by the private sector? Sure, but that's not his fault as the supply of the chemicals needed for the kits here in this country is low. Could he have shut down travel from Europe sooner? Yes, this is one area where he should have acted earlier. Is it his fault people who are coming from China to the US were going through Europe first and lying to US authorities where they've been?

BTW, how did Obama do with SARS?
SARS was in 2003.

true.......changed from R to I in 2012....mostly because of the tea party

I voted in the R primary in 2016 (Kasich), but when trump got nominated........well that was it......not even political as it had more to do with family business dealings with him in NYC (my bro is an architect whose company was stiffed by Trump.....the guy screws everyone and has been doing it since long before he got elected
I met a NY italian guy in FL who's dad had the business of installing elevators in high rise buildings. He told me Trump's MO was always to withhold payment, not honor contracts, trying to re-cut deals after the job was completed.

They had to stop working for him. Funny how when a guy like AB stiffs his vendors he's a scumbag, but when Trump has a very loooong history of doing the same thing, he's a fv^ken genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe