Cop to Ryan Moats: "Attitute is everything"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: ryan moats told by cop 'attitude is everything'

i think it's more like for every bad cop there's a ****load of good ones

we hear about the bad apples, they make the headlines more than the good

naaah.....there isn't

its actually for every buttload of good cops, there's a buttload of bad cops

She is what I or most people in this country would call Hispanic. Some hispanics or latinos characterize themselves as white or <country of origin> however.

For those reading into this a bit of racism, that's what I got from the comment "attitude is everything" and listening to Moats. If the officer had lectured in that fashion to a white male like me, acting as Moats was, everyone would be questioning the officer's grip on reality instead of accusing him of really bad judgment.

I don't mean to suggest this guy is a klan member or all white officers are insane, just that you can see the strain of "angry black male has no good reason for doing what he's doing, and might explode in black rage."

Isn't Zach Thomas married to Jason Taylor's sister.

Just read online that the cop resigned today.

Can't say I blame the cop for resigning. Seemed like a jerk to me but I was pretty sure he was probably just going to get suspended and take sensitivity training and be done with it. I'm assuming he was given a choice to resign or be fired.

The thing that kind of got me about the story was besides having good common sense, what was the correct thing to do? This whole scenario is now sitting on someones desk ready to be sent over to the police academy for training purposes.

If the cop had been more compassionate towards the family I think he would of been alright regardless if he had made the wrong decision. Most cops are pretty good guys and are trained to take a firm take no **** approach which makes them seem mean and reprehensible. What this cop did was flat out machoism and evil at a really bad time. I think we all have known a cop or two in our lives that have talked to them or someone they've known in the same manner. Just not on camera/audio and not in the same situation as this.

Glad he resigned, good riddance.

Unbelievable. Why not deal with it afterwards? A decent officer may have been inclined to use his discretion and let it slide anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand