PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player with highest receiving yards per catch (min 2 catches)...

At 29.5 yards per catch...

10013067715_57f78b2f97_o.gif

Guess we will have to wait for Brady's tell all book when he retires.

BB's book is the one I'm waiting for.

Bill Belichick memoir;"I did it ON PURPOSE"

SpyGate: I knew they had a chance to be special, they needed motivation.
DeflateGate: Brady plays best pissed off.
Wickersham: I planted the story, see above.

*tongue firmly planted in cheek*

I wonder how many players have won rings with Belichick/Brady and how that compares to Noll’s Steelers , Walsh’ 49ers, and the Johnson/Switzer Cowboys?

I think it’s obvious that many more players have won rings with Belichick and Brady, and that illustrates just how great a feat they have accomplished. If I’m not mistaken Brady is the only QB in NFL history to win Super Bowl’s with 52 different player’s.

ProFootballReference has so much info, I keep finding new stuff. Just stumbled on to this:
Bill Belichick Player Register | Pro-Football-Reference.com
A list of all players who have played for B.B. the list totals 625 and appears to be up to date because Kenny Britt is on it.

A few facts:

Top 5 games players for B.B. in his career
Brady
Gostkowski
Wilfork
Light
Faulk

Cool idea! The 625 player number really hits home for me. Hard to believe how many names / numbers have come in and out over the years.

I'm curious how many of the 23 guys with 100 games are / will be Patriots HOF members.

Already in: (3)
Faulk, Bruschi, Brown

No doubt: (9)
Brady, Gostkowski, Gronkowski, Wilfork, Light, Slater, Mankins, Seymour, Edelman.

Of the remaining: (11) -
very likely - Vrabel, McCourty, Mayo

possible - Ninkovich, Koppen, Warren

less likely - Paxton, Izzo, Green, Pleasant, Chung

What did I get wrong?

If you drop the number to 85 games played for BB, you include a few extra names worth Patriots HOF consideration like Solder, Vinatieri, Welker, Branch, Vollmer, Cannon, and McGinest.

Cool idea! The 625 player number really hits home for me. Hard to believe how many names / numbers have come in and out over the years.

I'm curious how many of the 23 guys with 100 games are / will be Patriots HOF members.

Already in: (3)
Faulk, Bruschi, Brown

No doubt: (9)
Brady, Gostkowski, Gronkowski, Wilfork, Light, Slater, Mankins, Seymour, Edelman.

Of the remaining: (11) -
very likely - Vrabel, McCourty, Mayo

possible - Ninkovich, Koppen, Warren

less likely - Paxton, Izzo, Green, Pleasant, Chung

What did I get wrong?

If you drop the number to 85 games played for BB, you include a few extra names worth Patriots HOF consideration like Solder, Vinatieri, Welker, Branch, Vollmer, Cannon, and McGinest.
Out of that last list I'd only nominate Adam and Willie.
Welker, maybe.

Guess we will have to wait for Brady's tell all book when he retires.

Yes it's a joke. If there is any thing, I don't believe he will ever spill it.

He'll "spill the beans" in his book - though it will be all the beans of a League that has a corrupt Commissioner and unethical owners.

Aside from that, Brady's got the Laws of Physics on his side as opposed to a Commissioner who is just trying to cover his *** given the admission they didn't factor in the cold - and after promising to release all PSI data from future cold games - renegged on that promise.

Still - the ability of jealous NFL fans to delude themselves that all the above never happened is nothing short of amazing - no amount of logic will ever convince some fans out there (though I do think most NFL fans do begrudgingly acknowledge Brady is the GOAT)

I wonder how many players have won rings with Belichick/Brady and how that compares to Noll’s Steelers , Walsh’ 49ers, and the Johnson/Switzer Cowboys?

I think it’s obvious that many more players have won rings with Belichick and Brady, and that illustrates just how great a feat they have accomplished. If I’m not mistaken Brady is the only QB in NFL history to win Super Bowl’s with 52 different player’s.
He is. Ray Lewis is the only other player that won 2 with 52 different players as well as the only one to killl a guy in between.

ProFootballReference has so much info, I keep finding new stuff. Just stumbled on to this:
Bill Belichick Player Register | Pro-Football-Reference.com
A list of all players who have played for B.B. the list totals 625 and appears to be up to date because Kenny Britt is on it.

A few facts:

Most rushing attempts and rushing yards in their B.B. career? Kevin Faulk.

Longest rushing play ever on a B.B. coached team? 59 yards (maroney)

Receptions welker
Rec yards. Welker by only 280 over Gronk
Rev TD. Gronk by 26 over moss

In his entire career as a hc only 4 kickers have ever attempted a FG for him. (Matt stover, AV, Gostkowski and shayne graham the year gost was injured) that’s amazing to me. Hc for 23 years and only 3 kickers one of which was a fillin due to injury. 2 other players attempted PAT kicks, Welker and Flutie.

Of the 639 players who have played for B.B. 36 played only 1 game
362 of 639 played 16 or less.
23 have played 100 or more (solder is 98) including 6 currently on the roster.

Top 5 games players for B.B. in his career
Brady
Gostkowski
Wilfork
Light
Faulk

15 players have thrown a total of 641 TD passes for B.B., brady throwing 488 the other 14 throwing 153.
12 were QBs (including Michael bishop and not including Jacoby Brissett or Ryan Mallett) and the others were a punter, kicker and Wr.

46 players have at least 1 rushing TD for B.B.; 95 have at least 1 receiving TD.

This post is fun and my only regret is that I cannot give it two likes.

It's fun to see the fact, then quick do the mind scan and realize Oh, Yeah--like with the Maroney run being the longest---I instantly thought there is no way that can be true, but then couldn't think of anything else.

Blount has a 68 yd run with Philly and three 50+ with us. I can be happyforhim while stillfeeling we've got more weapons at rb this year.

??? I'm talking about the Patriots HOF - these guys. Hall of Fame | The Hall at Patriot Place

Willie was inducted in 2015. I'd imagine Welker and Adam Vinatieri are both locks to be Patriots HOF members.

In terms of the Canton Hall - different story, obviously.

If Welker and AV are not eventually Patriots HOFers, there's no reason to have a Patriots HOF.

Also, assuming the Colts have a HOF, AV should eventually be in 3 different HOFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots