Cooks yards per reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Every year w N.O. His y/r was 13 or 14. Going from Brees to Brady you had to figure that would change. Looked at a stat page... Thru the Pixburgh game....y/r = 17.0

I know there are people on the board who think he is overrated, has not performed to expectations and Josh is not using him right.

Hes had some inconsistent moments here and there but I think in year one of a highly complex system he has been VERY good.

Can't imagine where the team would be if BB hadn't traded for him.

Where would 60 catches 1000yds come from?

Every year w N.O. His y/r was 13 or 14. Going from Brees to Brady you had to figure that would change. Looked at a stat page... Thru the Pixburgh game....y/r = 17.0

In addition, of the top ten receivers by yards, Cooks has the best YPC:

upload_2017-12-18_18-14-21.png

He's also just ahead of Fitz and AJ Green. Pretty good company for a player people keep complaining isn't elite.

Cooks has quietly been really good overall. He wasn't ever going to be another Randy Moss, but he's basically been exactly what anybody could have realistically hoped he'd be. I mean, he's on track to be exactly what he was in New Orleans the last two seasons, which is what prompted them to go get him in the first place.

I know I am guilty of bashing Cookie and I am not saying he's a horrible WR but his games has some warts. As pointed out he has put up very good numbers being in the system for only a year minus my man Edelman. That said he's been around and over the 900 mark for over three weeks now. The Defense have to respect him and he does get coverage over the Top also. Make no mistake about it Cookie is a very Good WR but he just isn't Great. Cookie compliments Gronk very well and Chris Hogan or Malcolm Mitchell will benefit also.

Last edited:

The number is also affected by one outlier game (LA) where he had 5/26 otherwise his average ypc is 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition, of the top ten receivers by yards, Cooks has the best YPC:

View attachment 18882

He's also just ahead of Fitz and AJ Green. Pretty good company for a player people keep complaining isn't elite.

He not Elite: an Elite WR can do everything Cookie struggles when he's roughed up at the LOS as you saw in the Miami game. He also doesn't catch very well when he doesn't get separation his catch radius might be overrated some. The Guy who replaced Cooks in New Orleans...Michael Thomas is Bigger and Better. That Adam Thielen in Minnesota is not bad either.

Hes had some inconsistent moments here and there but I think in year one of a highly complex system he has been VERY good.

Where would 60 catches 1000 yds come from?

^ This. ^ Keep in mind the Pats EXPECTED to have Edelman this season, a 100 catch a year guy himself. If Jules was there, Cooks would certainly have fewer catches... and IMHO close to the same amount of yards. He'd have been like Stanley Morgan was for the Pats in the 70's, or Cliff Branch for the Raiders... pure deep threat.

^ This. ^ Keep in mind the Pats EXPECTED to have Edelman this season, a 100 catch a year guy himself. If Jules was there, Cooks would certainly have fewer catches... and IMHO close to the same amount of yards. He'd have been like Stanley Morgan was for the Pats in the 70's, or Cliff Branch for the Raiders... pure deep threat.
He is a very good deep threat but the majority of catches are close to intermediate
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 10.50.29 AM.png .

In the Pitt game regarding that catch Cookie made that was called back because he was out of bounds. Was he pushed out accidentally stepped out or was it a lapse in judgement??

In the Pitt game regarding that catch Cookie made that was called back because he was out of bounds. Was he pushed out accidentally stepped out or was it a lapse in judgement??
Searching for another reason to rip him and asking for help?

I think it was pretty clear he was forced out.

Searching for another reason to rip him and asking for help?

Its a message board I was just asking a question AJ I don't DVR the games.

Where would 60 catches 1000yds come from?

Judging by the past 3 weeks I would say from Rob Gronkowski. The 2 weeks he has played he has more yards than all other Patriots COMBINED, and the week he was suspended...

Too bad Edelman and Mitchell couldn't play this season. Can't imagine how this offense would be with a healthy Gronk and all these dudes.

Edelman was in his best shape ever, I was expecting another 1000 yard season for him.

if the team had been healthy or at least healthier then it is, Jules. Gronk, Cooks would have been undefendable.

Gronk needs two people to cover him, Cooks needs safety help, set those two on opposite sides of the field, and the entire middle would be open for jules to get incredibly YAC. add in the running game would be looking at 4 man fronts and you have the makings of an offense that could put up 60 points a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes