PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivered082

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm a man of my word. I told you I would be back. I had a feeling we were F'd when we went to a prevent D mid third quarter. They've done it too many times this year. They lack the ability to kick people while they are done. I can't say you won the game more than the Falcons gave it away. They were whipping that butt just like I said they would, and then made it uncomfortably close in the 4th while on cruise control just like I said they would. It's been the pattern all year. It was a really good game regardless of the outcome. Too bad we didn't keep our foot on the gas. I could go on and on about the mostly one-sided officiating (especially the missed chock block in OT), but they did let ATL get away with a few, too. In typical Atlanta fashion, I'll leave you with this familiar saying: there's always next year. Congrats to the Pats on making history.

The pats did plenty to screw themselevs in the first half. Both teams were sloppy at times in this game. It evened out

Nope, falcons won't even win their division next year. NFC south is weird. Falcons will have that Super Bowl hangover just like the panthers

Respect to the falcons. I thought the Pats would blow the falcons out. But they gave them all they could handle for four quarters.

I tried to warn you guys we were legit. I was talking to the TV at half telling the NE players that the look on their face was normal. We did it all year to the best defenses, then did it to yours. Somebody forgot the GOAT was playing them in the second half. Great comeback. Great game.

Thanks and congrats on a great season. I was way off about your defense , it took ot for us to break 30. Really didnt think this one would be close but my hats off to your team. Good luck n trying to break the trend of sb teams especially the ones on the losing end being unlikely for another deep run next year. Youve got a great coach though and the defense is becoming good enough to complement your great offense so it wouldnt suprise me completely.

It wasn't the prevent defense. Your team was gassed by the 4th quarter. That's how the Pats scored 31 unanswered points.

Congratulations to the Falcons on an excellent gameplan, a well-played game and a magnificent season.

I tried to warn you guys we were legit. I was talking to the TV at half telling the NE players that the look on their face was normal. We did it all year to the best defenses, then did it to yours. Somebody forgot the GOAT was playing them in the second half. Great comeback. Great game.

I admit, I severely underestimated you and paid the price (I took Pats and under :(). Lost money, but I'm not even mad. What a game!

Great classy post but I don't agree that the Pats didn't win. Any other team would have packed it in down 25. The Pats did what most teams wouldn't to reclaim what they believed was rightfully theirs.

I see you're kinda blaming the refs and not giving the Pats credit...
Not really. The Pats kept playing after the Falcons mailed it in thinking it was over. They never gave up, and it cost the Falcons dearly. There were a lot of ticky tack calls against ATL that weren't called equally for both teams. They didn't change the outcome as much as ATL shutting down shop in the middle of the third, but if they call that blatant chock block in OT, then ATL likely gets a shot at offense to tie or win. That one play didn't allow 31 unanswered points in the second half, though. It was a heck of an effort bye a great team that could have quit. You guys did great. You should have lost, but you didn't. That's the difference between being good and being great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes