PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to Tom on his 1st 40 record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on now this was just a fluke. The guy is 40 years old and has a weak fluttering arm. Last week he overthrew someone in the endzone. I guess he could have been throwing the ball away but come on let's be realistic; he's 40.

BTW - its the first 400yd game by QB of the season!
Not bad for the old man..

BTW2 - It was great listening to Romo today shedding some new light on Brady's art

Romo's analysis of the Gronk TD was a thing of beauty. Kept emphasizing throughout the game how Brady's feet are more settled than other QBs. Then goes to that play, highlights his footwork, highlights how he has a defender in his face and therefore wasn't able to get the push from his legs that a normal QB needs, and yet was still able to improvise a *30 yard pass right on the money* to Gronk.

You could tell just how much Romo is in awe of Brady and Brees. Says a lot from a contemporary next-tier level guy like Romo. You could almost hear the lamenting in his voice of how he wishes he could've done the same thing but couldn't.

Last edited:
At one point Jim Nantz asks Romo if he tried to have footwork like that when he played, and he basically says "Sure I tried, but it's hard as hell!"

Non Pats fans probably hated how positive he was on Brady, but he did a better job explaining some of why Brady is great than anybody I've heard on TV. Even when the usual broadcast crews are raving about Brady it's very generic, because they aren't knowledgeable enough to understand why he's able to do what he does. They see the effects but can't explain the causes.

At one point Jim Nantz asks Romo if he tried to have footwork like that when he played, and he basically says "Sure I tried, but it's hard as hell!"

Non Pats fans probably hated how positive he was on Brady, but he did a better job explaining some of why Brady is great than anybody I've heard on TV. Even when the usual broadcast crews are raving about Brady it's very generic, because they aren't knowledgeable enough to understand why he's able to do what he does. They see the effects but can't explain the causes.

agreed. let me add this here as well..

There were moments when Romo was to Brady like Salieri to Mozart.
I was thankful. Should be a gift to Tom and fans..

BTW - its the first 400yd game by QB of the season!
Not bad for the old man..

BTW2 - It was great listening to Romo today shedding some new light on Brady's art
Yep. I know we can't escape the "Tom is a 40 year old quarterbacks" elephant in the room but he's on top as a quarterback period, nevermind at 40.

Brady's a prototype QB at the age of 40. It remains to be seen how he holds up for 16 games but it's amazing how some idiot posters here gave up on the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back