PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conflicting reports on what Brady wanted from Kraft after 2017: "The Dynasty" says Brady wanted out, but Wickersham said the opposite

Status
Not open for further replies.
they count in the record book but I put a lot more weight on recent history and so does common sense.

If the Patriots are not a good team in 2020 they weren’t going to be much better if at all had Brady stayed. The guy is 43 coming off a subpar season.

we are the Patriots not the Brady Stat Collectors. The team didn’t owe him jack squat. If Tompa Boy didn’t like that too bad.

What you don’t understand is that Brady is the patriots. Without Brady there would have been no patriots.

Why did he have a subpar season? Maybe lack of receiving talent on offense, almost no running game? I don’t say he played great but come on have a little bit of objectivity. It is not like he had those numbers with welker, gronk and moss. What will you say if this year he goes 4500+, 30+ TD, 10- INT??

My point is that Brady can still play and with some talent, he can still win. That’s all he wanted, some talent. I am sure,he could have done something just with Edelman and Brown.

but don’t act like Bill had great season last year either.

Wicker-sham is a clown who was excommunicated from Foxboro years ago, his sources are the voices in his head making up fantastical versions of rumors already circulating out of Foxboro. Oh yeah, and he's also a Bronco's fan and Patriots hater... why fans take anything he says as truth I'll never know.

Brady was a magnificent player for NE over such a long period of time. I can’t imagine any QB going so hard, so long, with such amazing success.

I do not think the Brady Patriots of 2020, nor 2021 were going to win the championship. A retooling is necessary to head back to the SB. In that light, a move makes sense for both NE & Brady.

The particulars of bad blood / hurt feelings : can’t say that I care. If this was 2015 - and this second NE dynasty would’ve been derailed - then I’d care much, much more...
I think this pretty much sums it up for me too.

I can’t imagine going so hard, so long, with such amazing success.

what_she_said_office.gif

A lot of the all time greats had dominant Super Bowls in their track record. It’s interesting that the only dominant Super Bowl for Brady in 9 tries was the Eagles loss. In the other games he was either meh or it was a mixed bag.

Other than his 4 SB MVPs?

Seems like we have two conflicting reports on just what Brady really wanted & asked Kraft for after 2017 season. "The Dynasty" says Brady wanted to be let out of his contract, but Wickersham says Brady wanted an extension. Big difference.

The big difference between the two is that Benedict was given a large amount of direct cooperation & interview time by everyone involved - much more from Brady and Kraft than Belichick, but apparently even Belichick gave him more than he expected/feared he'd get out of him. Wickersham was basically seen by the Pats as an adversary of the org at the time he was doing his story, so he was necessarily working off rumors and leaks delivered second/third hand.

Now of course Kraft, Belichick & Brady are going to have their own biases or just different recollections of things. But Benedict largely got to go directly to the source after enough time had passed that the answer to everything wasn't an automatic NO COMMENT.

I don't know how anyone with a brain can still claim that the whole Wickersham article was BS. I highly doubt everything he reported was 100% accurate but at this point in time it is reasonable to assume that he was definitely in the ballpark on a lot of it. There were issues that seemed to arise with the AG situation and never seemed to be fully resolved which ended up fracturing Brady's relationship with Bill and the organization. There is too much smoke around all this for there to be no fire at all.

What you don’t understand is that Brady is the patriots. Without Brady there would have been no patriots.

Why did he have a subpar season? Maybe lack of receiving talent on offense, almost no running game? I don’t say he played great but come on have a little bit of objectivity. It is not like he had those numbers with welker, gronk and moss. What will you say if this year he goes 4500+, 30+ TD, 10- INT??

My point is that Brady can still play and with some talent, he can still win. That’s all he wanted, some talent. I am sure,he could have done something just with Edelman and Brown.

Without Belichick there would have been no Brady.

get your facts straight.

I don't know how anyone with a brain can still claim that the whole Wickersham article was BS. I highly doubt everything he reported was 100% accurate but at this point in time it is reasonable to assume that he was definitely in the ballpark on a lot of it. There were issues that seemed to arise with the AG situation and never seemed to be fully resolved which ended up fracturing Brady's relationship with Bill and the organization. There is too much smoke around all this for there to be no fire at all.
Big picture sure, but don't give Wickersham a pass on how many of his specific stories have been refuted or disproven. From Brady locking Garoppolo out of TB12 to Brady getting Hogan hurt by bailing on a play to Kraft forcing Belichick to trade Garoppolo, Wickersham deserves to be criticized for using what currently looks like a ton of bad information.

That last one is especially egregious, because Tom Curran is firmly on Wickersham's side in the big picture but still calls Kraft forcing the Garoppolo trade "the lie that won't die." That's an accusation that Wickersham needs to either admit to or deny, and he apparently has no intention of ever doing that.

I think there was a Patriots team before Brady.
Obviously there was a franchise pre-2000 but Brady made them the Patriots. The aura, the mystique, the opposing player likening seeing Gillette on the horizon of route 1 to the Deathstar.

Big picture sure, but don't give Wickersham a pass on how many of his specific stories have been refuted or disproven. From Brady locking Garoppolo out of TB12 to Brady getting Hogan hurt by bailing on a play to Kraft forcing Belichick to trade Garoppolo, Wickersham deserves to be criticized for using what currently looks like a ton of bad information.

That last one is especially egregious, because Tom Curran is firmly on Wickersham's side in the big picture but still calls Kraft forcing the Garoppolo trade "the lie that won't die." That's an accusation that Wickersham needs to either admit to or deny, and he apparently has no intention of ever doing that.
I agree with you that there are definitely things that he reported that were flat out inaccurate but to dismiss his entire article because we know now that not every detail was true is foolish in my opinion.

Other than his 4 SB MVPs?
Was Brady dominant in SB36? He got the “mvp” there. He was great in the 4th quarter in XLIX and the comeback but before that not so much. Dominant is wire to wire. Like Young in SB29.

I am being objective. He had a subpar year. Fact, not opinion.

Also I’m sure the Patriots were an NFL football team before Brady got here.The purpose of this team is to win not collect stats for your binky.

Funny how some Brady fans sound an awful lot like Colts fans from back in the day that we used to laugh at when they couldn’t stop making excuses for Fivehead. If he doesn’t play well it was his weapons or his defense or his coach or whatever other reason it was that let him down. :whistle:

Was Brady dominant in SB36? He got the “mvp” there. He was great in the 4th quarter in XLIX and the comeback but before that not so much. Dominant is wire to wire. Like Young in SB29.

Wake me up when Brady plays the 1995 Chargers and Stan Humphries in the SB instead of the Rams, Eagles, Panthers, Falcons, and Seahawks

A lot of the all time greats had dominant Super Bowls in their track record. It’s interesting that the only dominant Super Bowl for Brady in 9 tries was the Eagles loss. In the other games he was either meh or it was a mixed bag.
You're in rare form today, Rob Parker. :evil:

Wake me up when Brady plays the 1995 Chargers and Stan Humphries in the SB instead of the Rams, Eagles, Panthers, Falcons, and Seahawks
Point is Brady was dominant wire to wire in exactly one Super Bowl- the Eagles loss. Dominant and mvp are not the same thing.

Point is Brady was dominant wire to wire in exactly one Super Bowl- the Eagles loss. Dominant and mvp are not the same thing.

How many QBs of the past 20 years were dominant wire to wire in the SB? I can think of one - Russell Wilson

How many QBs of the past 20 years were dominant wire to wire in the SB? I can think of one - Russell Wilson
Foles. Brady (LII). Wilson. Warner. I thought Brees was dominant too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes