PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comparison of Elliott and Deflategate.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Comparison of Elliott and Deflategate.

I'm starting this thread not to re-litigate Deflategate (God only knows there have been scores of threads and tens of thousands of posts on the topic out here), but only to observe that many observers now understand that "nothing happened" during the AFCCG other than a scheme concocted by Grigson, Kensil, HSPN and others.

Two quotes:

"In all likelihood, Deflategate never happened. Although there was some fishy circumstantial evidence, the degree of underinflation completely aligned with the laws of physics: to oversimplify, cold weather causes the pressure to decrease. On this point, virtually every scientist who looked into Deflategate, aside from those paid by the NFL, agreed....But in the end, the science didn’t matter. " [my emphasis]
"Does the NFL have a legal obligation to afford Elliott due process? Not really -- due process obligations apply primarily to actions by government bodies. All the league has to do is abide by the requirements of a collective bargaining agreement that was negotiated in 2011....As the 2nd Circuit noted in the Brady case: Even if the arbitrator makes mistakes of fact or law, we may not disturb an award so long as he acted within the bounds of his bargained-for authority.*"

Ezekiel Elliott's Case Shows Deflategate's True Lesson

*Yes, I am fully aware of the argument, with which I agree, that, as Judge Berman put it, by dispensing "his own brand of industrial justice," Goodell violated the CBA. But, as I said at the beginning, I'm not re-litigating that discussion. Four Federal Judges heard the case and split 2--2.

<insert Nancy Kerrigan "WHyyyyyyyyy!!!" gif here>
I guess that's why we have the Ignore Thread function, so perhaps you should use it in this case.

I thought it was interesting that a widely-read site like Bloomberg now publishes articles calling Deflategate out for the nonsense it was. I live outside NYC and my impression is that among all but Haters (who will never be convinced) it is now widely recognized that it was cold air, rain and the laws of nature that caused those balls to lose air pressure during that game.

I guess that's why we have the Ignore Thread function, so perhaps you should use it in this case.

I thought it was interesting that a widely-read site like Bloomberg now publishes articles calling Deflategate out for the nonsense it was. I live outside NYC and my impression is that among all but Haters (who will never be convinced) it is now widely recognized that it was cold air, rain and the laws of nature that caused those balls to lose air pressure during that game.

It's a great read. Thanks for sharing it.

"Many if not most fans thought it was dumb for Brady to spend all that time and money taking on the NFL over what amounted to a tolerable penalty."

"Tolerable"?! That's a quarter of the season and lets say the worst happened and the Pats went 0-4. They might have missed the playoffs altogether. That's devastating not "tolerable".

Fortunately that didn't happen but it very well could have.

Outside of a few bitter enders and fringe idiots I think it was pretty obvious to most dispassionate observers what nonsense deflategate was. Deflategate happened in the face of the entire world, except possible the perpetrators of the farce, realizing what a farce it was. We couldn't stop the train but we had a fair idea where it was heading.

The Elliott thing is more he said she said, much more ambiguous. It's entirely possible that Ezekiel Elliott is guilty. That possibility did not exist in the case of Tom Brady because there was nothing to be guilty of other than embarrassing the commissioner of the NFL

AArhjcG.img

How deflategate makes me feel....

"Many if not most fans thought it was dumb for Brady to spend all that time and money taking on the NFL over what amounted to a tolerable penalty."

"Tolerable"?! That's a quarter of the season and lets say the worst happened and the Pats went 0-4. They might have missed the playoffs altogether. That's devastating not "tolerable".

Fortunately that didn't happen but it very well could have.
agreef. if the backups haven't stepped up that could very easily have cost us home field advantage. For any team of lesser capability a four-game suspension for their starting quarterback could take the postseason off the table in week 1. Just because we beat the penalty doesn't mean the penalty was not devastating.

I think that's part of why Jacoby Brissett managed to gain such a following while he was here. By playing well enough to allow the team to hold serve and effectively gaining the team one and a half wins after the injury to Jimmy Garoppolo he played a huge role in putting a finger in Rodger Goodell's eye after that suspension. Going 1-3 or 2-2 would not have Sent quite the same message

Last edited:
Yep, had a Steelers fan here today recite the whole NFL angle on Defamegate as gospel truth. And to think I quite respected her intelligence level prior to that...

It doesn't matter what happened. Elliott gets a stay this year then we learn about article 46.

The net effect is gold diggers claim guys beat them up - and the one's that were really beat up get lost in the crowd of false allegations.

Yep, had a Steelers fan here today recite the whole NFL angle on Defamegate as gospel truth. And to think I quite respected her intelligence level prior to that...

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE "DEFLATOR" TEXTS!?

I love that from the haters. It just proves they know nothing about the case.

That walking reptile, Jerry Jones is choking on his crow right about now. What did he say about Goodell? "I think fairness is his best quality." Choke on that you ****ing snake.

Here's my take: This obviously a serious case compared to Deflategate (which is the stupidest thing of all time)

I don't know how you can suspend Elliott when he wasn't even tried for this case - We do not have a moral police running around

Is Elliott guilty? I have no clue,

Here's my take: This obviously a serious case compared to Deflategate (which is the stupidest thing of all time)

I don't know how you can suspend Elliott when he wasn't even tried for this case - We do not have a moral police running around

Is Elliott guilty? I have no clue,

This is why the NFL should get the hell out of the morality business. Let the law decide if a player is guilty or innocent. Let the player play until the courts have passed judgement. Once judgement has been tendered Goody can suspend them for as long as he wants.

The NFL and Goody have this belief it's image and revenue are impacted by the player's personal conduct and its not. It just isn't.

Last edited:
This is why the NFL should get the hell out of the morality business. Let the law decide if a player is guilty or innocent. Let the player play until the courts has passed judgement. Once judgement has passed Goody can suspend them for as long as he wants.

The NFL and Goody have this belief it's image and revenue are impacted by the player's personal conduct and its not. It just isn't.

Unfortunately, just a year or two before Goody was crowned kingmissoner, there were a spate of players arrested for various issues, and the lord and master made sure he widened his powers to rule his kingdom as he saw fit.
I do recall in Cincy one season approx 12 of the players were arrested in some fashion.

No worries PFS74.

I was just poking some fun, mostly at the title, for bringing defamegate back up. You did awesome work and completely called Judge Berman's ruling.

My apologies if you thought I was attacking you (the ignore comment seemed unnecessary and aggressive for you).

"But he smashed his phone" is another one.

I always respond, "Smashing a phone doesn't change the law of physics".

expect to see a few more of these.......gotta increase the value of this 'chip' when it comes time to the next CBA........the players need to be ready to walk

Best part was that was the only "concrete" evidence she presented.

Unfortunately, just a year or two before Goody was crowned kingmissoner, there were a spate of players arrested for various issues, and the lord and master made sure he widened his powers to rule his kingdom as he saw fit.
I do recall in Cincy one season approx 12 of the players were arrested in some fashion.
Yeah Cincy was a mess

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back