PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine weigh-ins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much mentioned CB favourite hereabouts, Leonard Johnson, has the shortest arms of all CB's at 28 3/4.

" Arkansas' Jarius Wright clocked a solid 4.42. Meanwhile, Razorbacks teammate Joe Adams checked in with a disappointing 4.55 after saying he wanted to run 4.2."

" Arkansas' Jarius Wright clocked a solid 4.42. Meanwhile, Razorbacks teammate Joe Adams checked in with a disappointing 4.55 after saying he wanted to run 4.2."

Adams ran a 4.44.

Talk is cheap Joe Adams. I think Joe Adams just went from being the best to come out of Arkansas to the 3rd best.

Apparently all the times we watched this morning are not accurate. Official times being posted on NFL.com?

Joe Adams 4.55. Stephen Hill 4.36 etc

Last edited:
I was happy to see Zack Brown weigh in at 244 lbs with arm length 33 1/4'' (better than almost all LB's). I think he'd be a great addition to our sub package defenses.

Last edited:
Apparently all the times we watched this morning are not accurate. Official times being posted on NFL.com?

Joe Adams 4.55. Stephen Hill 4.36 etc

The NFL.COM page claims those to be Unofficial times. And, considering that you could hear the times being called out after some of the runs (not by the announcers, but by the time keepers) I have to say whomever wrote that garbage down needs to be fired.

Adams ran a 4.45, not a 4.61. That's what was announced after his run.
Just like the 4.30 and 4.31 for Hill.

The NFL.COM page claims those to be Unofficial times. And, considering that you could hear the times being called out after some of the runs (not by the announcers, but by the time keepers) I have to say whomever wrote that garbage down needs to be fired.

Adams ran a 4.45, not a 4.61. That's what was announced after his run.
Just like the 4.30 and 4.31 for Hill.

I guess it would be by which method they are announcing. The stop watch is started by hand and stopped electronically for official time. If they were only announcing hand stop watch start and finish then the results could be off.

I guess it would be by which method they are announcing. The stop watch is started by hand and stopped electronically for official time. If they were only announcing hand stop watch start and finish then the results could be off.

The NFL looks really stupid to have one time announced for all to hear and then posting a totally different time..

I'll stick to the NEPatsdraft.com people since they have a person there at the combine..

Some WR thoughts:

- Floyd likely leaped over Wright (of Baylor). I wouldn't take Wright with 1 of our picks 1st b/c of the depth of the WR class.

- thought Joe Adams was going to have a better combine. Likely will not be mocked in the 2nd round any more. His teammate Jarius Wright is moving up the other directions of draft boards.

- Kashif Moore from UConn had a great combine being near the top of all 6 WR tests. FWIW, UConn's qb play has been awful for Moore's entire career IMO.

- Speaking of great combines, Stephen Hill moved up many boards.

- Losing interest in Sanu. The stat about no receptions over 30(?) yards or so was 1 red flag. The slow 40 and poor short shuttle times are another. I'd rather take Jordan White later in the draft. He put up better stats in his career and the combine. Seem like similar type players.

- Criner's numbers look way too slow in all tests.

Some WR thoughts:

- Floyd likely leaped over Wright (of Baylor). I wouldn't take Wright with 1 of our picks 1st b/c of the depth of the WR class.

- thought Joe Adams was going to have a better combine. Likely will not be mocked in the 2nd round any more. His teammate Jarius Wright is moving up the other directions of draft boards. Adams had a good combine. He ran a 4.44 and looked good in the different drills.

- Kashif Moore from UConn had a great combine being near the top of all 6 WR tests. FWIW, UConn's qb play has been awful for Moore's entire career IMO.

- Speaking of great combines, Stephen Hill moved up many boards.

- Losing interest in Sanu. The stat about no receptions over 30(?) yards or so was 1 red flag. The slow 40 and poor short shuttle times are another. I'd rather take Jordan White later in the draft. He put up better stats in his career and the combine. Seem like similar type players.

- Criner's numbers look way too slow in all tests.

Sanu showed he is a possession receiver. 4.22 is not a "poor short shuttle time". 4.48 from Hill is a slow shuttle time.

Greg Childs running a 4.55 could make him a great consolation prize in the 3rd for likely not having a chance at Michael Floyd. Seems like a poor man's Floyd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back