PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine weigh-ins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My binky, Juron Criner, weighed in at 224 and 6'3". Was expecting him to be a tiny bit lighter....want to see what he runs. I think he's one of the smartest receivers when it comes to finding holes in zones and sitting int hem and adjusting his routes according to how a top level QB thinks. He knows where he's going to get the football and his radius certainly helps in adjusting to go get a ball in the air.

My binky, Juron Criner, weighed in at 224 and 6'3". Was expecting him to be a tiny bit lighter....want to see what he runs. I think he's one of the smartest receivers when it comes to finding holes in zones and sitting int hem and adjusting his routes according to how a top level QB thinks. He knows where he's going to get the football and his radius certainly helps in adjusting to go get a ball in the air.

Criner was actually 6'2 4/8".

Alshon Jeffrey not running 40. There goes the drama.

also, Markelle Martin not doing drills or tests due to pinched nerve in knee.

Is anyone doing anything this year?

Is Jeffery participating in any agility drills or jumps?

Adams - 5'10 6/8

Great size (relatively speaking) for a guy who's supposed to be a speed merchant. I'm really looking forward to his 40-time.

I'm enjoying a Cappuccino. :)

Very good choice of binky here with Criner. One of the best things about Criner's weigh in is his hand size, 10 1/2 inches, which is biggest of all of the WR's and TE's at the combine (although they apparently shrunk half an inch since the senior bowl).

Very good choice of binky here with Criner. One of the best things about Criner's weigh in is his hand size, 10 1/2 inches, which is biggest of all of the WR's and TE's at the combine (although they apparently shrunk half an inch since the senior bowl).

Marvin Jones 33 1/8 Arms 10 1/4 hands
Greg Childs 34 1/8 Arms 10 1/8 Hands
Alshon Jeffrey 33 Arms 10 1/4 Hands
Mohamed Sanu 33 1/2 Arms 10 1/8 Hands

Those are the other ones of interest with bigger hands. Glad my man Marvin is on the list. Not many with 10+ hands on there.

Where are you getting the exact height measurements instead of the rounded ones?

Steelers Depot has a nice chart format that's EZ-to-copypasta (not an uncopyable image like some sources post, and no embedded links to complicate the process). E.g.:

2012 NFL Combine Results: Tight Ends | Steelers Depot

I copypasta into Notepad (simple .txt file), save/close, then open the file in Excel and save a copy as a spreadsheet so that I can re-sort the list by whatever. Then, as ProDays come up, I add lines to the spreadsheets (one per position group) for the non-invitees.

Makes it handy for copying player lines into other sheets for comparisons (like Tarpinian's ProDay numbers against the numbers of the 2011 DB class).

I saw somewhere that Michigan C Dave Molk, one of my binkys, was 6'1"-298# at the combine. Slightly light, but within range, size-wise.

Molk apparently also topped all OL in bench reps with 41. A few guys put up 32 to tie for second. Doesn't necessarily translate to playing ability, of course. There was an OG from a couple years ago, now with the Giants and still a reserve (I think) who put up 42.

Molk apparently also topped all OL in bench reps with 41. A few guys put up 32 to tie for second. Doesn't necessarily translate to playing ability, of course. There was an OG from a couple years ago, now with the Giants and still a reserve (I think) who put up 42.

I don't think the bench numbers have any real impact on on-field performance. But what I think it does show is which guys put the in the work in the weight room during their college careers. The bench press isn't something they can really improve greatly over 2 or 3 months before the combine, so very good, or very bad numbers could be an indicator of someones work ethic. Although there are a number of other factors to take into consideration, such as arm length.

A couple of the DL weigh ins.

Jared Crick- 6'4" 279lbs 32 inch arms (looks too small for the Pats 3-4 DE)

Fletcher Cox- 6'4" 298 34 1/2 inch arms (Good size, long arms)

Akiem Hicks- 6'5" 318lbs 35 1/8 inch arms (Prototype DE size)

Chandler Jones- 6'5" 266lbs 35 1/2 inch arms (Prototype OLB size. Tall, solid weight, really long arms)

A couple of the DL weigh ins.

Jared Crick- 6'4" 279lbs 32 inch arms (looks too small for the Pats 3-4 DE)

Fletcher Cox- 6'4" 298 34 1/2 inch arms (Good size, long arms)

Akiem Hicks- 6'5" 318lbs 35 1/8 inch arms (Prototype DE size)

Chandler Jones- 6'5" 266lbs 35 1/2 inch arms (Prototype OLB size. Tall, solid weight, really long arms)

Crick's weight is similar to what McGinest was when he played the Elephant for the Pats..

Crick's weight is similar to what McGinest was when he played the Elephant for the Pats..

Is that the role he is projected to though? I think of him more as a 5-tech DE. I've never really thought of him off the edge.

We can forget about Crick I would think. Shortish arms too.

People should seriously check out Akeim Hicks. Perfect Patriot size and very athletic for a man of his size. One of the best at the Shrine game too.

Is that the role he is projected to though? I think of him more as a 5-tech DE. I've never really thought of him off the edge.

That is where I have thought of him. Unless he put's on 15 lbs. he's too light to be a DE in the Pats 3-4..

We can forget about Crick I would think. Shortish arms too.

People should seriously check out Akeim Hicks. Perfect Patriot size and very athletic for a man of his size. One of the best at the Shrine game too.

The biggest problem with Hicks is everyone knows who he is now, so he won't be a steal towards the bottom of the draft. I actually think he will be over-drafted. A similar guy I like late in the draft is Chigbo Anunoby of Morehouse. At 6'4" 324lbs, he is really raw but has a ton of upside. Probably an UDFA, but could really be a player with some coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes