PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts punter: Fans helped me through embarrassing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Colts punter McAfee: Fans helped me through embarrassing time | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Nice to see a professional athlete take the high road, own up for his own actions and not make excuses - even though his indiscretion was extremely minor in comparison to so many others, and he didn't really need to apologize in my opinion.

So most of the spotlight turned to the punter, who wanted to meet with the media today in the first availability since returning from a one-game suspension.

“I’ve apologized to everybody that I’ve had the opportunity to, including my parents, the team, my family, all my friends, personnel in the Colts organization in particular,” McAfee said. “This was a very embarrassing and humbling experience for me. I messed up. I put myself in a horrible situation.

“But there’s been one group of people I haven’t really had a chance to apologize to because I’ve been kind of laying low for the past couple weeks and I’ll continue to do so, and that’s really the fans of Indianapolis and in particular the fans who happen to have children who look up to me as they should.

“I’ve always said, if you’re a professional athlete you have the opportunity to be on a pedestal, whether you like it or not. You can use it the right way or the wrong way. In this particular situation, I was a complete letdown to a lot of people and a lot of fans and most importantly the kids that look up to me.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST