PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Brackett,Addai,Hart,Session ruled out for tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning can't win with you guys, if he's throwing to a 1st rounder he's good because of the talent that surrounds him, if he's throwing to a 4th, a 6th, and a practice squad guy you say "what if they're good? Just because they're doing well doesn't mean it's because of Manning".

I'm only going to reply to this part because it was the only part that specifically referred to my post.

Jesus T-F Christ. I say one sentence, and everyone (both Pats and Colts fans) goes ape****. Just because a player might be good doesn't mean any credit has to be taken away from your precious Manning. To an extent, you're probably right. But putting words in my mouth in your first post is not a smart thing to do. Plus, I never said any of his other receivers might be good. I genuinely think Tamme could make a decent starter on any team, judging from what I've seen of him.

Calm down.

Also, :welcome:

How is that happening if Brady is such a "big gamer"? How is that happening if he "plays best when it matters most"?

Brady: Super Bowl Stats

1,001 yards
7 TDs
1 INT
94.5 QB Rating

Last edited:
Never want to see guys injured, but it is football and injuries happen. No one felt sorry for the Pats when they lost the AFC championship in Indy and were riddled with injuries.

So a win is a win. I want the Pats to get HFA for the playoffs with this young D, I don't care how the wins happen.

The hit Collie took was brutal (not deliberate IMO though) none of these guys should play after the concussion unless they are as close to 100% as possible you look at what has happened to guys like John Mackie, we don't need to see more guy have they lives destroyed like that.

Also, I'd like to hear your opinion, Colts fan who posted in the previous page. Would you say the Patriots are having a tough season with injuries as well? Here are some key players who are on IR or have missed significant time:

*Kevin Faulk - one of the best third down backs in the league, on IR since the early part of the regular season. Replacement: Danny Woodhead. Not even good enough to make the Jets' 53-man :rolleyes:

*Fred Taylor - arguably our best RB. Has missed nearly the entire regular season, save a few games in the beginning. Replacement: BJGE, who many posters here didn't even expect to survive final cuts.

*Ty Warren - the best DE on the team. Went on IR before the season started. Replacements: Ron Brace/Brandon Deaderick. A borderline draft bust and a 7th round rookie.

*Leigh Bodden - the best CB on the team (maybe not anymore though since McCourty is a stud). IR'ed before the season started. Replacement: Darius Butler (2nd round draft bust)/Kyle Arrington (a pure special teamer until Bodden got injured and Butler took a big step back).

*Stephen Gostkowski - one of the most reliable kickers in the league, and one of the best in the league for kickoffs. Went on IR before the Steelers game. Replacement: Shayne Graham.

Some of the replacements haven't been looking fantastic, but the Patriots are still 7-2.

Last edited:
IndyCowtfans

"Manning can't win wif you guys, if he's thwowing to a 1st woundew he's good because of the tawent that suwwounds him, if he's thwowing to a 4th, a 6th, and a pwactice sqwad guy you say "what if they'we good? Just because they'we doing weww doesn't mean it's because of Manning".

Weawwy, I know this is a Pats boawd and you guys awe the gweatest homews in spowts, but give it a west. Manning makes the pwayews awound him bettew. It isn't wike this is the fiwst time this has happened, it's happened his whowe caweew. Wemembew wast yeaw, the Cowts wewe on the way down because of the changes to the weceiving cowp? Didn't happen did it? "

It's heartwarming that you come here to learn ... keep it up ... quiz on Monday.

Last edited:
IndyCowtfans

"Manning can't win wif you guys, if he's thwowing to a 1st woundew he's good because of the tawent that suwwounds him, if he's thwowing to a 4th, a 6th, and a pwactice sqwad guy you say "what if they'we good? Just because they'we doing weww doesn't mean it's because of Manning".

Weawwy, I know this is a Pats boawd and you guys awe the gweatest homews in spowts, but give it a west. Manning makes the pwayews awound him bettew. It isn't wike this is the fiwst time this has happened, it's happened his whowe caweew. Wemembew wast yeaw, the Cowts wewe on the way down because of the changes to the weceiving cowp? Didn't happen did it? "

It's heartwarming that you come here to learn ... keep it up ... quiz on Monday.

I needed this laugh so much today, thank you!

What if Tamme is actually good?

Tamme, Collie and Garcon are all 4th+ round picks doing quite well under Manning. It's not a coincidence.

He seems to be and he is playing like it. He was a huge question mark though after Clark went down. Tom Santi was Clark's back up, but he was already on the IR. Tamme had 6 catches in he first 34 games, so to say how he would fill in was a huge unknown is an understatement.
Tamme was THE man at UK. He was a 4 year starter (redshirt freshman), All-SEC for his Jr. and Sr. years, and holds all records for TEs at UK and 2nd in the history of SEC TEs. I believe he held impressive academic accolades, as well. He played an enormous role in the offense and UK fans have truckloads of great memories about this guy making huge plays for their team.

In sum, Tamme is a very talented, skilled and intelligent football player, and his skills are being put to great use and effectiveness in the Colt offense.

Last edited:
Tamme was THE man at UK. He was a 4 year starter (redshirt freshman), All-SEC for his Jr. and Sr. years, and holds all records for TEs at UK and 2nd in the history of SEC TEs. I believe he held impressive academic accolades, as well. He played an enormous role in the offense and UK fans have truckloads of great memories about this guy making huge plays for their team.

In sum, Tamme is a very talented, skilled and intelligent football player, and his skills are being put to great use and effectiveness in the Colt offense.

How dare you suggest a player's success in the Colts' offense might have something to do with his own individual capabilities!!!! You guys can never give Peyton Manning the credit he deserves!!!

My problem is the exact opposite. If they should win the media will have to go out and buy cases of Chap Stick and heavy duty knee pads.

But it is what it is and I'll take the win and let the Colts ballwashers cry, I just won't listen to them. Unfortunately, it will all get posted here and I'll have to look at it. :(

:rofl: Thanks for the chuckle. IMO the only time the Colts have a legitimate excuse is when Peyton Manning doesn't play. Other than that a win or loss involving the Colts is extra emotional.

I want NO excuses from Peyton,Polian,media Indy worshippers like Clayton and their fans....that's why

Let them make all the excuses they want. Let everyone continue thinking the Jets, Falcons, Giants, whoever are better than us I could care less, if anything it's better going forth as the underdog. All that matters is upping that left column in our record.

Tamme, Collie and Garcon are all 4th+ round picks doing quite well under Manning. It's not a coincidence.

This board gets so insecure about Brady vs Manning that they have to take shots at Manning whenever possible, they're BOTH great QBs.

I think it's a combination of things. No question that Manning is a great quarterback. On top of that, the Colts run one of the most ridiculously simplistic offenses (a timing offense) in the NFL. This makes it relatively easy for his receivers to pick up. And Garcon is not doing well under Manning this year. He's actually been doing quite badly, one game aside.

I think it's a combination of things. No question that Manning is a great quarterback. On top of that, the Colts run one of the most ridiculously simplistic offenses (a timing offense) in the NFL. This makes it relatively easy for his receivers to pick up. And Garcon is not doing well under Manning this year. He's actually been doing quite badly, one game aside.

In Garcon's defense, he and Collie have both been playing hurt this season to try and give Manning some semblence of a receiver corps he knows..

In Garcon's defense, he and Collie have both been playing hurt this season to try and give Manning some semblence of a receiver corps he knows..

Well Garcon hasn't exactly been playing "smart" football nowadays. Anyone else remember that 15-yarder he cost the Colts last week after the onside kick by the Bungles? Just stupid to take the helmet off in a situation like that.

I know he's had some nagging injuries. I was just pointing out that he wasn't doing "quite well" under Manning this season.

Garcon's issues don't seem to be injury related. He has the dropsies. He has made a couple incredible catches, like the one against the Redskins, but has been dropping a bunch of balls that have been right there. Garcon dropping passes isn't new, but become a lot more frequent. He hasn't been the same since the Super Bowl. The offense is much more dynamic when he is active and can really stretch the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down