PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#CLOWNOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump. I'll be ordering mine and a two for my kids this week.

Hmmm. Not sure if that analogy really holds.

I think it would be more like if a boss tried to impose some unfair penalty on an employee, who ended up making more money the next year than anyone else in the company ever had and had to be rewarded a big bonus check by the boss in front of everyone or something. I don't know. And then instead of enjoying a Caribbean vacation with his hot girlfriend the employee decided to spend all his time thinking about ways to torture the boss. I don't know. F him, you know? Who cares? Don't let them occupy any space in your head anymore. I mean, if people want to do it more power to you, but I'm on that beach.
I have an idea, you start a GoFundMe for shirts that read "We're over it Roger", while Ian starts a GoFundMe with the #ClownOut shirts, and a week before kick off we'll see who raised more:p

Last edited:
Still working on talking to some people and this is going to a little time and some emails, so give me a bit. ;)

I emailed Barstool the other day to see if we could get a quote on the price etc. and someone has responded and said they will call me. As soon as I hear anything, I'll let you know.

I'm for waiting on engaging the possible players in this, until I hear what Ian has up his sleeve. We could make it harder for him by doing stuff now.

I like the foam nose idea best of all. That's one that would be much easier to pull off than handing out tee shirts.

I like the foam nose idea best of all. That's one that would be much easier to pull off than handing out tee shirts.

Agreed on the noses. And as the story about the noses takes off, it will cause plenty of fans to dress as clowns on their own, or run with somehow.

It doesn't work though. Fans would look like they are the clowns. The point of the shirt is that it's GOODELL WEARING THE CLOWN NOSE.

Just wearing clown noses does nothing to correlate it to goodell

Agreed on the noses. And as the story about the noses takes off, it will cause plenty of fans to dress as clowns on their own, or run with somehow.
Patriot fans aren't clowns.
It's not about clowns.
It's about Goodell.
Patriot fans showing up dressed like clowns looks like fans are clowns. Patriot fans wearing ROGER GOODELLS IMAGE WITH A CLOWN NOSE looks like goodell is the clown.

Making a general statement about clowns isn't what we want.
Calling goodell a clown is.

I want to see the first stage of #Clownout at the draft. Generate additional interest by recruiting more to the cause.
That's @PatsFanInPhilly, who's going to get it started. He's going to the draft in a trench coat, a #Clownout T-shirt and shoes (nothing else).

I kid, but he is planning something which I'm looking forward to seeing. I'll watch the draft for it, although I don't know what his plan is exactly.

I love the idea. But I'm a bit divided on it too.

The first half of me says, "I'm sure there'll be a few in the crowd."

The other half of me starts calculating Gillette's capacity at 67,000, and what if we did a custom t-shirt with our own design so we could get volume pricing from $3-$5 per shirt, could we raise enough via Kickstarter, might run around $350K, if every Pats fan who hates Roger Goodell chips in a buck, this thing would be fully paid in five minutes, and maybe Marky Mark makes a generous donation towards the fund to make up for his early departure from the game, and then I start thinking about the number of gates and number of volunteers we would need to distribute all the shirts to people going to the game, we would need the media to pressure Kraft into inviting Goodell to visit, then promoting the effort, and I'm sure we have some lawyers on the board who will work pro bono to help the inevitable legal challenge that will come from the NFL to shut it all down...

But as I said, I like the the idea.

I'm torn about the foam noses idea. I think a stadium full of those t shirts would be better, but not very likely. But, I think if every camera shot of the stands showed people with clown noses, the announcers would have to find out an explanation. If not during the game, I'm sure there would be follow up articles on it.

Plus, they would never show those t shirts on TV. I think noses would be a not so subtle reference to goodell, but could slip past the networks.

I'm torn about the foam noses idea. I think a stadium full of those t shirts would be better, but not very likely. But, I think if every camera shot of the stands showed people with clown noses, the announcers would have to find out an explanation. If not during the game, I'm sure there would be follow up articles on it.

Plus, they would never show those t shirts on TV. I think noses would be a not so subtle reference to goodell, but could slip past the networks.

So let me get this straight, you have a controversy that was started by a conspiracy between the nyjfl and a TV network that lied their azzes off, and now the fans have a ONE TIME opportunity to make a statement on opening day and you actually think it's a great strategy to do something that is ENTIRELY DEPENDENT on a TV NETWORK to EXPLAIN IT to the American people. (Or as you say, FIND OUT, so it is a strategy that isn't even obvious to you or anyone else that sees it-the T-shirt works with nothing to be said)

BRILLIANT. Are you Pash or Troy Vincent posting here in disguise???

So let me get this straight, you have a controversy that was started by a conspiracy between the nyjfl and a TV network that lied their azzes off, and now the fans have a ONE TIME opportunity to make a statement on opening day and you actually think it's a great strategy to do something that is ENTIRELY DEPENDENT on a TV NETWORK to EXPLAIN IT to the American people. (Or as you say, FIND OUT, so it is a strategy that isn't even obvious to you or anyone else that sees it-the T-shirt works with nothing to be said)

BRILLIANT. Are you Pash or Troy Vincent posting here in disguise???
I just watched an interview with gronk in which the interviewer brought up how much pats fans hate goodell. So not only do I think they would report on it, they already have.

It's been proven (within the last few days) that the media will report on such things. So, basically you're completely wrong.

I just watched an interview with gronk in which the interviewer brought up how much pats fans hate goodell. So not only do I think they would report on it, they already have.

It's been proven (within the last few days) that the media will report on such things. So, basically you're completely wrong.

So you think that the NFL*, which reportedly edited out the Goodell booing, from a SB video that they put out, will give control over to Pats fans, on national TV, to explain their displeasure with the corrupt NFL* and the Omissioner.

Yeah, no.....

Not sure what I'm wrong about, other than being obnoxious in how I called you out.

You used the words: FIND OUT not I. I just said it's silly to use a strategy that even you think is not obvious WHAT IT MEANS

I also said in other words: if it's important to you; you don't put your message into hands you can't trust.

With 300 channels someone somewhere will report anything. But having 'patriots fans hate gotohell' on the Ringling brothers circus network doesn't do much for me. At end of day, Getting the message seen on cbs Boston 5 days after the game from your intrepid local reporter, and having to be explained by Phil Simms on national TV LIVE (or not explained at all, but shown as the shirts are SELFEXPLANATORY) , are two very different things.

Has to be bobo on a t shirt. Casual viewers will not get the reference otherwise.
I'd throw some money into the gofundme

Not sure what I'm wrong about, other than being obnoxious in how I called you out.

You used the words: FIND OUT not I. I just said it's silly to use a strategy that even you think is not obvious WHAT IT MEANS

I also said in other words: if it's important to you; you don't put your message into hands you can't trust.

With 300 channels someone somewhere will report anything. But having 'patriots fans hate gotohell' on the Ringling brothers circus network doesn't do much for me. At end of day, Getting the message seen on cbs Boston 5 days after the game from your intrepid local reporter, and having to be explained by Phil Simms on national TV LIVE (or not explained at all, but shown as the shirts are SELFEXPLANATORY) , are two very different things.
Getting back to my original point, I think the t shirt is a better idea... If enough people can wear them, then the shirt can be in every shot of the stands. Love it! Just don't think it's possible 1) from a numbers basis, and 2) the network censorship that everyone talks about would come into play anyways.

While you don't like the idea of the media being left to explain the situation, I think there's an equally small chance that the t shirt even makes it into a single shot on TV. I think the noses could work, but we, as pats fans, would have to make the image a more mainstream thing in order for the noses to even be a reference to something.

The t shirt idea is the best, so if it becomes logistically possible, I say hell yeah! I just don't think it is.

BTW I think it's hilarious that this is a subject we can debate over

So you think that the NFL*, which reportedly edited out the Goodell booing, from a SB video that they put out, will give control over to Pats fans, on national TV, to explain their displeasure with the corrupt NFL* and the Omissioner.

Yeah, no.....
I just think there's an equal chance of that happening as at shirt even being shown in a broadcast. At least I think the noses could make it on TV, then there's at least a chance that someone will report on it.

Trust me, this is one of those things where I hope I end up eating crow. If you guys up there in the NE area pull it off, I think it will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes