PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CLOWN OUT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could, perhaps, combine helping Ian with a Patsfans.com tailgate for those who don't have tickets.
Ian will be one of those people - so my plan was to likely watch the game somewhere after we're done and hopefully see the fruits of our efforts play out on TV. :cool:

Realistically, yes, because they could have their staff put everything on the seats before people file in.

I disagree, and I'm all in. My biggest concern is the logistics and I think we can get at least 75%+ of the fans entering the stadium in on this. I just don't want us to waste a ton of money only to get shut down. Once I can at least confirm that, I'll release the design I'm thinking, crowdfund, get them printed, and then I'll need probably 50 or so people to join me that night (with no last minute cancellations ;) ) to hand them out to make this happen.
This is just so easy to do in a way that doesn't include the Patriots at all.

1 Fund the TShirts ( have you contracted Barstool, this seems like a no brainer for them?)

2. Let the media and fans know well before hand that a free clown shirt will be available to them at the Stadium

3. The majority of the shirts can be distributied at the various parking lots and train stations. That can be taken care of by a few dozen volunteers that you can probably get in an hour right here. The rest can be distributed by people strategically stationed at the entrances to the stadium.

4. Let me be the first to volunteer.

Other thoughts -

a. The nose idea would make us all look like clowns, not Roger.

b. I wonder if its true that the shirts can be done for a few thousand dollars?

c. Booing him,. regardless of how unmercifully it was done, is just a short term humiliatiion. This jackass has been torturing us with unfair, unjust, and flat out lies for YEARS. Just booing him for a few minutes just isn't enough.

HOWEVER a stadium filled with a message we KNOW they hate at 545 Park Ave, worn by 68000 fans for opening night would go a long way at pay back. This will be a message the media cannot ignore. It will be a major story long after the game ends, and his humilation will last for a full 3 hours.

We HAVE to get this done. Otherwise all we will be is hot air and lies, injustice and slander will have won.

for 1.7 million dollars we would be better off buying a plot of land near rogers maine vacation home, and erecting a giant clown goodell billboard.

I think @Ian 's idea has the best chance to succeed. Passing out decent sized Roger Clown posters to hold up at the game seems possible.

Displayed in a wave that will attract attention might be a nice tactic.

I was referring to the shirt giveaway. I think something like Clowndell on a stick, while likely to be less impressive, could be done, if someone got clearance about the sticks. But the shirt thing comes with inherent issues that would really need help from the Patriots in order to pull off.
I agree with you and the stick thing is out BTW - just going with the signs.

I agree with you and the stick thing is out BTW - just going with the signs.
T-shirts, Ian, T-shirts. They are user friendly, you don't have to carry them or lug them arround, and you get to keep them for another time.

Barstool seems like a very likely partner, have you checked with them, and have to check on the poster who said it shirts can be made that would cost just a few thousand if you wanted to do it ourselves. But why do it ourselves when I believe barstool would jump at the opportunity to punch roger in the eye.

A simple reality check here people. I work in Logistics often.

68000 T shirts weigh 18275 lbs (4.3 oz ea)
At 50 per case you are talking 1360 cartons ( I'm not certain of the qty per case)
Each would weigh 14 lbs
Based on this it would be approx 50 per pallet ( 700 lbs)
27 pallets
A full 53 ft trailer can normally hold 24 but you could double stack a few....

Not impossible...but daunting even beyond the 1.7 mil.

Oh, if you have 40 people handing these out at gates, they each would hand out 460 lbs of shirts.

It starts to look like 1 trillion dollars.
What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

T-shirts, Ian, T-shirts. They are user friendly, you don't have to carry them or lug them arround, and you get to keep them for another time.

Barstool seems like a very likely partner, have you checked with them, and have to check on the poster who said it shirts can be made that would cost just a few thousand if you wanted to do it ourselves. But why do it ourselves when I believe barstool would jump at the opportunity to punch roger in the eye.

the person saying it could be done for a few thousand is crazy. In the perfect storm of tshirt making and wholesale wheeling and dealing. best case scenerio, with volunteers doing all the creation. you are looking at around $96,000

Tshirts are not feasible, unless you only want to do a few thousand.

do both sections behind the sidelines? clownshirts would work.

All the fans? no way.

Even the posters are going to be a challenge. Those, if we go ahead and get them printed, are probably going to require me to have them shipped directly to each of the volunteers who are going to help for the sake of making this even remotely doable. But I definitely feel like we have a better shot with those than we do with t-shirts. I already had this conversation with someone else, it's just not possible for us to execute this the way we'll need to in what little time we'll have

you got it, check's already in the mail made out to mr. chasa. i didn't put an address on the envelope but i'm sure it will get to you somehow.

dTMR0q9.png

unfortunately, i don't have any friends so you're on your own finding the helpers. i suggest you find some very skinny people so they can fit some extra shirts under the trench coats. maybe hit up a modelling agency.

I ended up getting it and decided to donate it to charity, as long as my charity got a kickback.

The shirt idea is nice but I'm trying to put together something more realistic cost-wise and something that will be big enough to see but not too big to get through the gates. And again, we need to make sure there won't be any issues handing them all out.

Are we talking about something we can pass out inside the stadium? If so I like the idea that @chasa had, which was to give them to the endzone seats, or one of those sections if we don't have enough.

No matter what you decide I'll help in any that way I can.

In Ian we trust. :)

I floated this idea around originally in one of the T-shirt threads and it was drowned out in that long thread. Alibaba has them in bulk for 9 cents a piece if you order in bulk. You could order one for each person in Gillette Stadium for less than $5,000. This seems like a doable project that could be funded pretty easily via gofundme if we could get some publicity via radio and social media. The problem would be with distribution to such a large crowd. You would have to strategically station people in the parking lots and near the entrance gates.
As someone else stated, the idea is to make Goodell look like a clown, not the fans. All the red nose idea does is make the fans look like they're pretending to be clowns.

Do both. Hook up with Barstool to get as many of those tee shirts pre-distributed, by mail order. Will reduce participation percentage but should still get enough fans wearing them into the game to make the statement. Combine that with Ian's plan and each reinforces the other.

I have been looking into the t-shirts. For 60000 in 3 sizes ( l, xl, xxl...20000 each) the best price I've found so far is about $145,000. The cheapest is with a white t-shirt. That's from an online vendor. I'm not sure if a local print shop could give us a better price.

I again have tried to contact Barstool to see if they'd collaborate with us. They'd get media/marketing attention and revenge if they supply shirts, and we'd figure out logistics and distribution, but I haven't heard back.

Just in case, I've been trying out some different Goodell clown faces with photoshop, so we can print our own t-shirts without Barstool.

Ian,
I'd be happy to do a lot of the groundwork on clownout, if you need help. I have free time and want to help. Whether it's calling the Patriots organization to get permission to distribute, setting up a gofundme, working on "Goodell clown" artwork, getting more pricing quotes (my vote is for shirts!) or distributing on game day. I'll do any or all of it! I want this to happen!

Would proudly wear a t-shirt, but unable to find any reasonably priced tix for opening night.. was gonna get a couple for my wife's birthday, but kinds steep @$375 through stubhub...

So as it stands now will wear a clown nose in solidarity while sitting in my laz-y-boy...

I had a dream last night that somebody figured out that, given the cost and logistics of earlier suggestions, maybe it would be better to legally obtain (pay for) the Clown Shirt Image in a super high-quality digital format and post it on the Internet. The image had the encouraging message, "Fire Roger", and "download for free" with an Internet link.

My dream continued as ticket holders for opening night downloaded and printed several 8.5 x 11 copies, folded them up, and brought them into the game to pass out to people (especially in the end-zones). Those with a few bucks to burn even visited the local Kinkos/FedEx printing store and got some larger renderings.

During every PAT and Field Goal, the folks in the End-Zone unfolded and displayed/waved them in unison. Even though the individual images were small, the TV camera crews couldn't ignore such an unusual site!

The idea caught on and became an instant fad (kinda like baseball's Wave"). Pats fans began to do this at EVERY PATS GAME. The idea quickly spread to New Orleans, Miami, Cleveland, and throughout the league. Worse than the constant booing that Goodell receives everywhere he goes, this practice really embarrassed the crap out of the 31! The Image was powerful! Goodell ultimately lost his job.

I woke up this morning with a smile!

Actually that's a good idea. 8.5x11 pictures of goodell as a clown for the fans to hold up would be a lot cheaper and easier to pass out than t-shirts. Maybe get enough t-shirts to fill 2x sections and then posters/pages of goodell for the rest... OR

if you want to get creative. Make a gigantic paper jigsaw that will create a huge Goodell Clown picture when the fans all hold the pieces up. Just some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes