Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Which Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the only way these morons learn to stop launching themselves with their helmet.

They need to learn how to tackle.
They aren’t even that strict in the nfl. You can’t have two strikes a game?

They aren’t even that strict in the nfl. You can’t have two strikes a game?

They should be more strict in college. They’re not professionals.

I hate how running QBs affect the game. I just think it makes it look a little less organized and more like back lot football. Also the rules which protect the QB are plain unfair if you are just going to make your QB another running back half the time.

Nothing about either of these teams is “less organized.”
Athleticism is no longer the exception to the QB position.

Game over. Losing Skalsky is a huge blow to Clemson. Looks like Higgins is out too.
I hate that ****ing rule. Clemson just lost their leader on defense because of a bang-bang play. This was a tall order for Clemson to begin with that might be insurmountable now.

Reactions: PP2
Burrow has outplayed lawerence. And it’s not close

Burrows looks like Andy Duprese from Shawshank Redemption

I don’t know if Chase is even draft eligible, but he has made himself a ton of money tonight!

dagger...ooops...pass INT instead

Now that’s a BS call,

Soft call. Guess they want to make this interesting

Burrows looks like Andy Duprese from Shawshank Redemption

I already pointed that out in this very thread less than an hour ago, and I wouldn't normally be petty and tell you that, but it's you.

Can someone explain to me just what the **** Lawrence is doing out there? Throwing off his back foot, panicked, jittery even when in the pocket.

Yeah this games over Clemson abandoned the the run

Nothing about either of these teams is “less organized.”
Athleticism is no longer the exception to the QB position.

I didn't say the teams were less organized. I just said it looks that way. The Pre snap set up means a lot less as the D is forced more into a read and react game. I am not a huge fan of that as it prioritizes athleticism over scheme/smarts even more than it was before. It becomes much more of a who can 'out athlete' the other team as opposed to out think or out scheme. I don't find it as compelling personally. I like brains being a large part of the contest in football.

I'm okay with QBs being athletic and running around if they want to. I only ask if that is the case then we stop protecting them. You want want to play like an RB then they should need to play by those rules, but they don't have to. It makes it unfair to everyone else. I understand protecting the QB if you have a league full of Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's that can't run around and will go down with little contact. When you have a league full of Lamar Jackson's you need to take those rules out to give the D a chance. If you are afraid to hit a runner how will you take him down in a timely manner?

Lawrence’s footwork has been way off. That time he was wayyyyy too wide in his stance and the ball sailed on him. With the proper footwork, that’s a completed ball even in the teeth of the pressure coming off the weak side.

Is Trevor Lawrence done? Father Time remains undefeated

Shouldn’t the Pats get first dibs in legacy picks in Moss and Stingley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back