PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Moss not close to deal, entertaining other offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably dont want to hear from me but I think you all should relax, you guys are still the cream of the crop even if you lose Moss. i expect him to look around for a day or two but then he will realize that he has the best QB in the league in Tom Brady, he has an organization committed to winning and he has the chance to win rings and make history for the near future. It will get done and even if it doesnt its not the end of the world for you guys. No other team in the AFC East has a starting QB with more then one year starting experience

Cream of the crop? Major holes in several key areas say hello.

damn I hope he resigns. I still think our offense would be solid, but with moss it gets taken to another dimension.... he opens up things for others that no one else on the team could do.

This thread has a surprising amount of stars for news that is either misleading or awful.

Anyone talk about the legal problems Moss may have in Florida? Could that be an issue?

This really bothers me...(that he has not been signed). Reason being how all season he was so happy, was dreaming because he was a New England Patriot, how Tommy could now have his receivers, how the Patriots knew how to do things right, how he just wanted to win, how he went to Foxboro to make the trade happen, how he an Brady click, etc, etc...

If he bails for a few dollars, it will just remind all of us how atheletes do not simply care about winning. They care about money. Look, I understand that financial security is important. But please. How many millions do you need Randy?

Cream of the crop? Major holes in several key areas say hello.

Your holes are not as big as I think you may think, first off there not as bad as the AFC East. You still have two strong lines which is amazing in todays NFL. Sure you may lack some speed at LB but that can be corrected on draft/FA, secondary also is not that big a deal IMO. I think you guys just need another solid corner for now instead of another Asante Samuel. The Pats could draft Rodgers-Cromartie Rd1 then maybe Groves in Rd2, both would fit in nicely on that D and answer a lot of ?'s

Last edited:
Your holes are not as big as I think you may think, first off there not as bad as the AFC East. You still have two strong lines which is amazing in todays NFL. Sure you may lack some speed at LB but that can be corrected on draft/FA, secondary also is not that big a deal IMO. I think you guys just need another solid corner for now instead of another Asante Samuel. The Pats could draft Rodgers-Cromartie Rd1 then maybe Groves in Rd2, both would fit in nicely on that D and answer a lot of ?'s

As of right now i mean.

WR's = Welker and then nothing
CB = Hobbs and then nothing
LB = Adailus Thomas, Vrabel and a part time Bruschi.

My point is though that i understand how people can view us as a powerhouse but the truth of the matter is we are going to have major turnover AGAIN at 3 key aspects of the game. We are also thin at TE Watson is egh and David Thomas cant stay healthy.

As of right now i mean.

WR's = Welker and then nothing
CB = Hobbs and then nothing
LB = Adailus Thomas, Vrabel and a part time Bruschi.

My point is though that i understand how people can view us as a powerhouse but the truth of the matter is we are going to have major turnover AGAIN at 3 key aspects of the game. We are also thin at TE Watson is egh and David Thomas cant stay healthy.

I knwo it seems like everyone else in the NFL is ready to buy another FA while the Pats are idle. Its only day 1. Moss will come back if anything based on the fact that its just so illogical if he left. Resigning Moss, a FA LB maybe Hobson who I think can be a solid to good ILB and a solid draft can fill those ?'s quickly

This thread has a surprising amount of stars for news that is either misleading or awful.

People must be starring their own threads. That's a breach of ethics.

The star system should not be anonymous.

One of my threads about CJ was once hit by a drive by 1 starer, I've yet to recovered fully and it will live with me for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
Wait... some people actually look at those stars?

Hey, look, perspective!

ok screw Moss, if he doesn't want to sign for a little discount.....why not go after Chad Johnson? Pretty much the same type of play. Bill Loves him.....maybe Brady and Johnson can beat last years records?

any thoughts?

Re: Latest on Moss from Clayton...

.... All a team can do is put itself in position to win the super bowl, which ours has been 2 years in a row. And then, it's up to the bounce or a play here or there.

The goal is to get back to that position. If you worry about every battle along the way, you forget that the goal is to win the war. If you're going to fall in love with any particular player, you're following the wrong team. Even Brady won't be immune soon.

Sounds to me as if
a sage has spoken.

I'm so over this. If Randy doesnt come back bc he wants more money, and we end up hearing he was offered the $30mil/3yr. from the Pats, then screw Randy. Obviously then we know his true character. We'll know that he's a liar, a b****, a user. If Randy doesn't come back bc we lowballed him...then I'll be mad at the Patriots organization. Do I trust Kraft and BB and SP?? YES. But if they lowball a player like Randy and let him walk...I have to start seriously question what's going on.

All I know is that all this turns me off as a sports fan. It was a difficult pill to swallow losing the superbowl, and the spygate crap, the greedy unloyal players...I miss the way sports and football used to be. I'm sick of this soap opera BS. Whatever, if Moss is gonna go, then go. If hes gonna stay, fantastic. Just get it done with.

I'm so over this. If Randy doesnt come back bc he wants more money, and we end up hearing he was offered the $30mil/3yr. from the Pats, then screw Randy. Obviously then we know his true character. We'll know that he's a liar, a b****, a user. If Randy doesn't come back bc we lowballed him...then I'll be mad at the Patriots organization. Do I trust Kraft and BB and SP?? YES. But if they lowball a player like Randy and let him walk...I have to start seriously question what's going on.

All I know is that all this turns me off as a sports fan. It was a difficult pill to swallow losing the superbowl, and the spygate crap, the greedy unloyal players...I miss the way sports and football used to be. I'm sick of this soap opera BS. Whatever, if Moss is gonna go, then go. If hes gonna stay, fantastic. Just get it done with.

Free agency hasn't even been in effect for 24 hours. Relax and enjoy the offseason.

Look will everyone just relax. Randy and Tom are a package deal just like TB said, Randy is staying put. I actually expected this. Ofcourse his agent told him to shop himself around to see what he can get. I'm even willing to bet Pioli and BB told him to do the same thing. He would be stupid not to do it. After he's done shopping himself around, the Pats and Randy will be able to work out a fair and comparable contract for all parties after getting a true guage of Randy's market value. Look it's all part of the process, it's expected, Randy will retire a Patriot with Tom. Just relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look will everyone just relax. Randy and Tom are a package deal just like TB said, Randy is staying put. I actually expected this. Ofcourse his agent told him to shop himself around to see what he can get. I'm even willing to bet Pioli and BB told him to do the same thing. He would be stupid not to do it. After he's done shopping himself around, the Pats and Randy will be able to work out a fair and comparable contract for all parties after getting a true guage of Randy's market value. Look it's all part of the process, it's expected, Randy will retire a Patriot with Tom. Just relax.

I am relaxed, godamnit!!!! VERY VERY FREAKING RELAXED!!!!

Free agency hasn't even been in effect for 24 hours. Relax and enjoy the offseason.

It's just so much drama...this whole season. Trust me, I want to enjoy the offseason. It's like it's not even football anymore, and I'm not down with it. I wasn't upset bf I read this thread. Big mistake. I think everyones panic is rubbing off on everyone else. Lol...:) Thanks for the back to earth words.:)

This "Oh my god, the sky is falling" bull**** has got to stop. Now.

Having Randy would be great (and I don't think it's unlikely he'll be back, shopping himself may lead to the Patriots coming close to an "acceptable" offer from another team), but they have shown that they can win with a pretty good (while here) receiver, a seventh round draft pick, and free agent castoffs in the past. At this point, Wes Welker is better than any of the other receivers (besides Randy) Brady has had in the past and guarantees that 2008 will not be 2006 redux.

And people call Red Sox fans neurotic. :rofl:

Not to anyone in particular, but shouldn't we all get a life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back