PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung cocaine indictment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my mistake on the contract. He won't get cut over something that at worst will be a three game suspension and will likely be nothing.
It likely won't be anything significant but if it is I'm talking about the legal side.

So he wasn’t placed under arrest probably because it was a small amount for personal use. But it’s coke, so it’s a felony. I’d be shocked if the Pats cut him if that’s the case.

Come on guys we are better than this. Let’s not turn this into Chiefs Planet. Making excuses or blaming the police or hoping a good attorney gets him off.

Cocaine is ILLEGAL and has ruined many people’s lives. Very dangerous drug. Christ it killed Len Bias. If Chung was the one using then he needs to pay the price and hopefully gets some treatment to better his life. I thought Chiefs fans were ridiculous putting their beloved team before a player committing a crime. I do know that beating a child and cocaine possession have different moral issues and penalties. My point is if Chung screwed up then he needs to be penalized by the Courts and Patriots for his crime.

It is about time these prima donnas get the same treatment as all of us when they screw up. Shame on you PATRICK.

Remind me not to invite you to my next 3 day cocaine binge party

giphy.gif

Could he be drug tested now? And after testing positive be suspended immediately?

So he wasn’t placed under arrest probably because it was a small amount for personal use. But it’s coke, so it’s a felony. I’d be shocked if the Pats cut him if that’s the case.
Or he wasn't arrested because he wasn't there as others are saying. DA makes this unclear in his statement.

For anyone that thinks the Patriots are releasing Chung over this "alledged" incident:

1. Bob Kraft gets bjs at asian spas;
2. Bob Kraft regularly hangs out with rappers and young rich people;
3. Bob Kraft likes to party;
4. We now know @patfanken partook in the perico;
5. If Ken did yeyo, you'd better believe Kraft does too;
6. Therefore, Chung isn't going anywhere.

Whaaat...upstate NH cops don't arrest someone even though just a small amount? Not the NH I remember.

No Problem! If you don't want him, send him here.

Dw5-2GFXgAEilpY.jpg

Expect a fine.

Come on guys we are better than this. Let’s not turn this into Chiefs Planet. Making excuses or blaming the police or hoping a good attorney gets him off.

Cocaine is ILLEGAL and has ruined many people’s lives. Very dangerous drug. Christ it killed Len Bias. If Chung was the one using then he needs to pay the price and hopefully gets some treatment to better his life. I thought Chiefs fans were ridiculous putting their beloved team before a player committing a crime. I do know that beating a child and cocaine possession have different moral issues and penalties. My point is if Chung screwed up then he needs to be penalized by the Courts and Patriots for his crime.

It is about time these prima donnas get the same treatment as all of us when they screw up. Shame on you PATRICK.
Is this a serious, non-facetious post? You're really comparing thugs who have physically assaulted women and children to someone getting busted, once, for recreational drug use? I'm not one to minimize drug use; for example, I don't believe in legalizing marijuana, for any reason; but your take here is more than a little self-righteous and dramatic.

Maybe it's just a really old bottle of coca cola.

For anyone that thinks the Patriots are releasing Chung over this "alledged" incident:

1. Bob Kraft gets bjs at asian spas;
2. Bob Kraft regularly hangs out with rappers and young rich people;
3. Bob Kraft likes to party;
4. We now know @patfanken partook in the perico;
5. If Ken did yeyo, you'd better believe Kraft does too;
6. Therefore, Chung isn't going anywhere.

THIS JUST IN: Photos from a neighbor show Kraft running out the back, Jordans in one hand and an Asian in the other a la Tony Soprano when Johnny Sacramoni got raided.

THIS JUST IN: Photos from a neighbor show Kraft running out the back, Jordans in one hand and an Asian in the other a la Tony Soprano when Johnny Sacramoni got raided.
giphy.gif

Expect a fine.
I’m expecting a reasonable period of probation. That’s normally the protocol here, particularly for cocaine. A fine isn’t going to cut it, especially in a case with a lot of attention. That wouldn’t be a great look for the DA.

I think this holds true even if it’s dropped to a misdemeanor possession, unless the charge changes completely and cocaine isn’t even mentioned. If that were to happen, a fine would likely be appropriate.

Actually he was not at home when this occurred, so they could not have arrested him even if they had planned to on that day.
Where the fall guy at?

Up to 7 years in jail and/or up to $2000 fine? That seems like a HUGE range of outcomes. Basically saying, "We're either going to ruin your life, or take the money you find between your couch cushions."

IMO as long as it was less than an 8 ball he will just get probation and a fine. A first offense, and he is rich and is not stealing money to purchase it, so the courts will take that into account

Meredith, NH. Last year on the way to Maine, I somehow got lost in this town. I inadvertently broke a couple of traffic laws, and wasn't ticketed, but the cop sure seemed serious. I have no doubt these guys would arrest (esp a black man--known or not) for possession of a small amount of cocaine. (I must say if I had run into Patrick Chung there, I would have been a-mazed three times over--and would have definitely felt more at home there)

I agree, but if thats the case, why indict? SA trying to make a name for himself?
Wouldn't be the first time... Go after the big fish...make a name for yourself especially true for elected prosecutors...or those with political ambitions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST