PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chuck Pagano: Participation trophies “ain’t real life”

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong again.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

Just so I'm clear here: if they only handed out one conference championship trophy, and that was given to the loser of the SB, what would your stance be then?

Edit: I assume you'd also be cool with division championship trophies, yes?

Bear in mind, I don't care who gets a trophy. As I said, it means nothing to me. I just like watching people bemoan non-winner trophies, but justify NFL conference championship trophies "because football."

Just so I'm clear here: if they only handed out one conference championship trophy, and that was given to the loser of the SB, what would your stance be then?

You're usually much better than this. I'll assume you're having an off day and just move on.

Get some sleep, or whatever.

A Participation Trophy is different than a conference trophy, division championship or a 2nd place trophy.

One you get for showing up.

The others you get for accomplishing something

You're usually much better than this. I'll assume you're having an off day and just move on.

Get some sleep, or whatever.
Like clockwork, Deus. Can't answer a simple question.

A Participation Trophy is different than a conference trophy or a 2nd place trophy.
They all accomplish "not winning." Am I the only person who actually read what Pagano said?

the AFC champion gets the lamar hunt trophy. the NFC champion gets the george halas trophy. so the super bowl winner is both NFL champion and also conference champion.

if the conference championship were a second-place trophy, the super bowl winner would simultaneously be first and also tied for second.

I love this topic so much. It never fails to cheer me up.

the AFC champion gets the lamar hunt trophy. the NFC champion gets the george halas trophy. so the super bowl winner is both NFL champion and also conference champion.

if the conference championship were a second-place trophy, the super bowl winner would simultaneously be first and also tied for second.
Just say you're okay with the SB loser getting a trophy, rather than getting all Schrodinger's cat on it. This is not hard.

Like clockwork, Deus. Can't answer a simple question.

What the hell are you talking about? Your "Question" amounted to:

"If the trophies I'm talking about were completely different, would things be different?", and obviously didn't require an answer.

Furthermore, you later made the asinine comment of

I just like watching people bemoan non-winner trophies

when the conference title trophies are for winning the conference titles. I'm not a fan of the NFL having those trophies, but they aren't trophies for being #2, and they aren't participation trophies.

Again, go get some sleep.

Bear in mind, I don't care who gets a trophy. As I said, it means nothing to me. I just like watching people bemoan non-winner trophies, but justify NFL conference championship trophies "because football."
When you're 6-6, you'll say some mixed-up **** just to get people to play.

What the hell are you talking about? Your "Question" amounted to:

"If the trophies I'm talking about were completely different, would things be different?", and obviously didn't require an answer.

I asked you a reasonable hypothetical about only one conference championship being awarded. Humor me.

Just say you're okay with the SB loser getting a trophy, rather than getting all Schrodinger's cat on it. This is not hard.
i'm okay with both conference champions getting trophies.

i'm okay with both conference champions getting trophies.
So am I. But it doesn't change the fact that the second-place team gets a nice trophy, which is the point of this thread.

Lots of athletes get awards even though they didn't come in first. As I said, Pagano is full of crap.

Now, let's talk about the SB runner-up rings, guys!

Has anyone ever actually purchased those division champs t-shirts or hats they always put out?

I'm surprised the Colts didn't put up an NFL 3rd place banner after the Pats went on to win the SB.

I asked you a reasonable hypothetical about only one conference championship being awarded.

No, you didn't. There are two conferences. If only one Conference winner is getting a trophy, you're not handing out trophies to the conference winners.

Ah, this was fun. Taking the boys for a big night out at Burger King. Enjoy your night, y'all!

And they didn't even win ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back