PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Hogan-pre season workout video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass. No need to feel bad about myself before 7:00 am. :D

Edit: to be fair to myself, I did comment right after I finished a battle rope workout, though.

Last edited:
Hogan's gotta fight to keep his job as the #1 deep guy. Glad to see him taking it seriously.

For the record I do expect Hogan to get an opportunity to keep his role as the primary deep threat. Cooks is great, but no reason not to let both Cooks and Hogan fight for the role.

my personal opinion is that Hogan is a lot better at his job than most fans think even now, a lot of his credit is going to Brady despite the fact that he's the one beating opposing secondaries and wideouts have failed even with Brady throwing to them before.

Hogan is good all over the field, to be fair. His deep catches stand out because so few Pats receivers have been good on those since Moss left.

Brady will throw to whoever is open, but Cooks has Branch/Edelman levels of short area quickness PLUS crazy top speed.

Fun combine comparison, the Pats definitely have a profile... Cooks's closest combine comparable is Deion Branch, whose closest combine comparable is Edelman. Main difference with Cooks is he's way faster in the 40.

Brandin Cooks - MockDraftable
Deion Branch - MockDraftable

Hogan's gotta fight to keep his job as the #1 deep guy. Glad to see him taking it seriously.

For the record I do expect Hogan to get an opportunity to keep his role as the primary deep threat. Cooks is great, but no reason not to let both Cooks and Hogan fight for the role.

my personal opinion is that Hogan is a lot better at his job than most fans think even now, a lot of his credit is going to Brady despite the fact that he's the one beating opposing secondaries and wideouts have failed even with Brady throwing to them before.
While I agree that Hogan deserves more credit, one thing I feel he should improve at is most times it seems like he cannot catch the ball on first attempt. He wobbles it and then holds onto it. I noticed this in superbowl as well. He needs to work on that.

I don't think I've seen him make a huge drop so if it takes him a second to secure the ball, it's all good. I'd agree that I'd like to see him work on that just a bit more though.

Hogan is good all over the field, to be fair. His deep catches stand out because so few Pats receivers have been good on those since Moss left.

Brady will throw to whoever is open, but Cooks has Branch/Edelman levels of short area quickness PLUS crazy top speed.

Fun combine comparison, the Pats definitely have a profile... Cooks's closest combine comparable is Deion Branch, whose closest combine comparable is Edelman. Main difference with Cooks is he's way faster in the 40.

Brandin Cooks - MockDraftable
Deion Branch - MockDraftable
Speed is a means to an end. The end is to get separation, whether that's by a change of direction, by turning and burning, or by timed bursts the way Hogan does it.

I really am excited to see Cooks in action. Besides his afterburners he's also both agile and intelligent and has good timing, he's the complete package except for his size and strength. I think Hogan being above average at everything is going to have the strength to go a few places Cooks can't though. Personally I think we see a tandem, with neither having a huge advantage unless it's obvious that one of them should have an advantage.

While I agree that Hogan deserves more credit, one thing I feel he should improve at is most times it seems like he cannot catch the ball on first attempt. He wobbles it and then holds onto it. I noticed this in superbowl as well. He needs to work on that.

This isn't gymnastics. You don't get points for a clean landing.

We're trying to get players who win. Not who trash talk well. Not who run fast. Not who have high draft positions. Not who have twitter followings or Facebook Live endorsements or great celebrations or a lot of espn hilights or great forms. Just smart team players who can understand and execute the Patriots system.

Maybe Hogan should have publicly insulted the Chiefs sparking a big todo and showing his toughness? Is that what you people want? Hogan understands, executes, and does what he's supposed to, superbly. That's enough for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back