PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs are officially the new us.

Just so were clear. Kansas City was the defending world champs in that Superbowl.

So the year before it didn't matter that their OL was ****. It only mattered when they lost?

Patrick has been painfully below avg in most his Superbowls.

Where are the people saying he won because the defense? Which they did tonight.
4 playoff games and the KC offense didn’t reach 30 points once. can you imagine if that was Brady? imagine all the hate he would get for being a “game manager”

the only time that ever happened in any of his 10 SB runs was 2001, his first year and prior to the rule changes to benefit passing

Just so were clear. Kansas City was the defending world champs in that Superbowl.

So the year before it didn't matter that their OL was ****. It only mattered when they lost?

Patrick has been painfully below avg in most his Superbowls.

Where are the people saying he won because the defense? Which they did tonight.

When Patrick wins it's all him. When he loses it's someone else's fault.

That's a sweet gig.

Some team needs to hire Steve spagnulo away from the chiefs... Take the teeth out of that defense... As it is, the chiefs are strong contenders to get the hat trick... Something no one has done before

They’re inevitable. The league is now at their mercy.

Sucks to see someone else do what we did, but here we are.
Frustrating game to watch unless you are a KC homer. Both D’s played well overall. SF moved the ball well on O in the first and should have been up by much more at half…Mahomes did nothing in first half and was held in check most of the game. Second half Shanahans bumbling coaching decisions, purdy’s inexperience and the muffed punt majorly changed the momentum and chiefs escaped with a W. Reminds me of both our SB against Gints….maddening because we couldn’t move the ball and watched them get break after break….But yes hats off to the chiefs….they got it done while SF choked ….and Chiefs are the team to beat going forward until some team proves otherwise

I guess my takeaways are:

1) Kelcey is an ass.

2) When you watch Purdy and Mahomes work, you realize just how short of the mark Mac is. While I do think Bill's incompetence and pettiness did tremendous damage to him, Mac just isn't in the same class with Purdy, let alone Mahomes.

3) Purdy's rise is the best story over the past couple of years. It should get more attention.

4) Whether he accumulates as many rings as Brady remains to be seen, but there is no question he can look Brady eye to eye even now. Though their games are different, reflecting their different physical gifts, they have far more important virtues in common, mostly importantly a fierce competitiveness which spreads through the team around them.

5) Andy Reid is a better game coach than Shanahan. If Shanahan had stuck hard to running right at KC, it would have been KC's defense that would have faded at game's end rather than SF's, and SF might well have won.

6) Neither team has anything to be ashamed of.

7) We are a long way from being competitive with either of them.

8) Thank God all the "Oooooo look - It's TayTay" horseshit will now abate.

My big takeaway from the game is I truly don’t care about football in any incarnation anymore. And I was impressed by Brock Purdy. Where di they find that guy?

Yeah ... the Ravens kind of shot their wad ...
Ravens were a major disappointment in that playoff game against KC….so far Lamar has shown that he craps his pants in big time games ….and is intimidated by Mahomes

Josh Allen could move closer if he could just keep his brain out of his ass for all of the 60 minutes.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Sad but true. It's good for the NFL though. Like the Pats, the Chefs have been the NFL darlings, but that will end soon.
Will it? They currently need to keep pumping the Chiefs for Swiftie engagement.

My big takeaway from the game is I truly don’t care about football in any incarnation anymore. And I was impressed by Brock Purdy. Where di they find that guy?
Purdy is a great story but has benefitted off a tremendous team and a lot of offensive weapons…..McCaffrey is an offense by himself practically. Put Purdy on the Pats this year and he wouldn’t have fared much better than Mac or Zappe. He does a good job in game manager mode behind a great team (reminds me of Alex Smith a bit)…..

They could be us part 1 but I’d rank us higher since 3/4 > 3/5 and we played better competition in big games in the early 2000’s and didn’t get our doors blown off in a Super Bowl to a legendary QB.

They could be us part 1 but I’d rank us higher since 3/4 > 3/5 and we played better competition in big games in the early 2000’s and didn’t get our doors blown off in a Super Bowl to a legendary QB.
Nit pick much sb??

Purdy is a great story but has benefitted off a tremendous team and a lot of offensive weapons…..McCaffrey is an offense by himself practically. Put Purdy on the Pats this year and he wouldn’t have fared much better than Mac or Zappe. He does a good job in game manager mode behind a great team (reminds me of Alex Smith a bit)…..
Yeah. Watching the game Purdy made so many dumb mistakes. Horrible drop backs in the face of a big rush and couldn't see the whole field. Balls going in the dirt or some straight up inaccurate balls. Didn't know when to check out of calls.

The Chiefs have a good defense, but there was no way the 49'ers should have been so anemic the whole game. Purdy let the moment get to him and his bad tendencies showed up.

Turning 29 You gotta think he'll be in atleast three more.
It's hard to know. I mean if you told everyone after 2009/2010 that Rodgers and Brees would never go to another, you'd be considered a loon.

The good thing for Mahomes is that in 6 years as a starter he won 3 and went to 4. Brady in 7 years as a starter won 3 and went to 4. Granted that extra Super Bowl was an undefeated season. So right now Mahomes is essentially the only thing we have to a true Brady comp.

Didn’t read the whole thread but huge shoutout to Spagnola. Reid was smart to hire that guy. Without that defense, no way they win that game.

Purdy isn’t good enough.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back