PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chess vs Checkers

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Great point made here.

With the cap moving down, BB got aggressive thinking that other teams might hesitate. In past FA markets, the first few days are fast and furious, so NE waits for the dust to clear.

Last edited:
We are witnessing the GOAT GM/HC Never again will there be another.

Media people are blown away at what BB has done this off season. Im very optimistic for this season. If Cam was hurt, then we have a chance to make some damage in the post season.

"Night and day better" - I'll believe it when I see it tbh. With the QB situation I can't go that far yet.

We have a much better roster then last year, but to contend we need a viable QB, which we don’t have as of yet. With Cam at QB I think the Bills are still favourites for the division and we would be in the wild card hunt.

"Night and day better" - I'll believe it when I see it tbh. With the QB situation I can't go that far yet.

well...Izzo <<< Hunter/Smith
Meyers/Byrd/harry <<<< Agholor/Bourne/Edelman/Meyers
Bentley/simon<<<<<<<Judon/Hightower/Van Noy

so the upgrades in talent are night and day better.

We have a much better roster then last year, but to contend we need a viable QB, which we don’t have as of yet. With Cam at QB I think the Bills are still favourites for the division and we would be in the wild card hunt.
I agree. I am a little in the « too good to be true » mode. The paper doesn’t always translate to the field. I am excited by the potential of this team but I don’t want to be too much exited to be disappointed in the end.

I agree. I am a little in the « too good to be true » mode. The paper doesn’t always translate to the field. I am excited by the potential of this team but I don’t want to be too much exited to be disappointed in the end.

I actually trust Bill more in evaluating players that will fit in their scheme in Free agency/trades than via the draft. Once he sees guys in the NFL, he generally has a good idea of what they can/cant do and where they fit in his scheme. I think most of these guys will work out well here.

take receiver for example. he has had some misses in Free agency like Sanu/Ochocinco. but his success rate has been much higher. Even guys that only were here a year like Cooks or Brandon Lloyd performed in the system. You also have guys who under-performed on their teams come here and excel because Bill finds the best way to use them and minimize their weakness'

well...Izzo <<< Hunter/Smith
Meyers/Byrd/harry <<<< Agholor/Bourne/Edelman/Meyers
Bentley/simon<<<<<<<Judon/Hightower/Van Noy

so the upgrades in talent are night and day better.
Agreed, the overall talent on this years team is so much better than it was last year.

We are witnessing the GOAT GM/HC Never again will there be another.

Media people are blown away at what BB has done this off season. Im very optimistic for this season. If Cam was hurt, then we have a chance to make some damage in the post season.
What about Cam’s decision making? He made some pretty lousy ass decisions that cost us games. My belief that he will be a different player isn’t particularly high.

Qb is next.

I sense the sarcasm in @Triumph ’s post. I am one of the few on the board that actually believes BB is the greatest GM ever. Few names have been thrown out as legitimately better than he.

Posters who think BB should be perfect haven’t studied the misses of the “other GMs”. Being an excellent GM includes many misses and fails. IMO, BB has been better than his competitors.

What about Cam’s decision making? He made some pretty lousy ass decisions that cost us games. My belief that he will be a different player isn’t particularly high.

I guess the question is, with a full offseason with OTA's and training camp of learning the playbook will he start reacting rather than thinking. I'm not saying he will, but clearly Bill thinks that he can coach him up to do so

His decision making was pathetic.
He isn’t going to be the starting QB long, if at all.

I sense the sarcasm in @Triumph ’s post. I am one of the few on the board that actually believes BB is the greatest GM ever. Few names have been thrown out as legitimately better than he.

Posters who think BB should be perfect haven’t studied the misses of the “other GMs”. Being an excellent GM includes many misses and fails. IMO, BB has been better than his competitors.
100% agree with you.

I guess the question is, with a full offseason with OTA's and training camp of learning the playbook will he start reacting rather than thinking. I'm not saying he will, but clearly Bill thinks that he can coach him up to do so
The most egregious things aren’t a familiarity issue.
When a receiver is open and you down throw while he is in the window and hold the ball til he’s covered you just don’t get it.
When the rush comes in your face and you throw the ball into the rusher face mask it’s not time in the system.
when a receiver is wide open 9 yards downfield and you bounce the ball 5 yards in front of him it’s you.
When you are supposed to be a mobile QB and you never escape the rush to buy time but just take the sack and only run when it’s a precalled draw you just don’t have the awareness needed.

I'm gonna wait until after the draft to be sure Cam is actually the starter.

Yes he did.

How much did the bad shoulder play into the entire loss? How many missed opportunities were there that got the Pats to the play that Cam got really wrong? The one play where you can look back and determine thats where the game was lost. Brady got some wrong too, but he always had the ability to pass his way out of it.

Its a game of inches and a few big plays. You dont execute the big plays then youre likely to lose.

Belichick is not crazy. Something had to wrong with Cams shoulder last season.

Yes he did.

How much did the bad shoulder play into the entire loss? How many missed opportunities were there that got the Pats to the play that Cam got really wrong? The one play where you can look back and determine thats where the game was lost. Brady got some wrong too, but he always had the ability to pass his way out of it.

Its a game of inches and a few big plays. You dont execute the big plays then youre likely to lose.

Belichick is not crazy. Something had to wrong with Cams shoulder last season.
He sucked last year, we don't know if it was from injury or covid, or lack of weapons. I am still not sure why he kept playing, was it a gentlemen's agreement between him and BIll, was it Bill understanding the Patriots weren't going anywhere, and while not throwing the games he wasn't looking to win, does Stidham suck, is Stidham the future and Bill didn't want to throw him into a no win sitution? I guess we won't know until this fall. Although if the Patriots don't draft a qb or trade for Watson, we could cross some of those things off.

His decision making was pathetic.
He isn’t going to be the starting QB long, if at all.
They better get someone a lot better than Stidham if that is going to turn out accurate.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back