PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Check out this turds analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slagathor said:
I'll tell you exactly why I posted it, and I promise you it had little to do with harrassment.

It's an issue of accountability.

So many so called journalist these days spout out a bunch of un-informed garbage. I would bet the kid's college fund that this guy's analysis of the game were relegated to watching ESPN NFL Countdown's highlight's

These guys can say whatever they want on the ultimate soapbox and get paid well to do so. So who holds them accountable?

The teams won't because they'll be subject to more criticism and their colleagues won't because of obvious reasons.

So who can hold them acountable? The fans themselves. If they want those emails posted for responses, what's wrong with giving folks the ability to do so?
Slag, Digger is right, this isn't the appropriate way to handle contact information for columnists you disagree with. Pointing out his e-mail was at the end of the column was the limit to which we as fans, Patsfans at that, should stoop. Ian has been very firm about posting personal contact information, regardless of whether it is in the public domain. Let's honor his standards of conduct, if you can still edit that post I'd suggest you remove the e-mail and let folks who want to click through and communicate with him do so on their own. R/Box

Digger44 said:
yes i agree that feedback is a good thing, but taking the email from that page and posting it in a place where all the readers will hate his opinion for the purpose getting those readers to respond is harassment. just like you say, "posted on ESPN" not pats.com. there is no need for it here. if a reader feels like responding to the espn article, then great. don't rally the writers enemies at another site and launch an attack.

Oh, OK. I was responding to the "Why would he care about your opinion" facet...I think they DO care, very much and that's why they write inflammatory stuff and then post their email addresses.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Slag, Digger is right, this isn't the appropriate way to handle contact information for columnists you disagree with. Pointing out his e-mail was at the end of the column was the limit to which we as fans, Patsfans at that, should stoop. Ian has been very firm about posting personal contact information, regardless of whether it is in the public domain. Let's honor his standards of conduct, if you can still edit that post I'd suggest you remove the e-mail and let folks who want to click through and communicate with him do so on their own. R/Box

Fair enough.

Box_O_Rocks said:

Thanks Box. I agree with slag that this is a turd article. It is pure foolishness to write such a thing. Let's just laugh at this ESPN turd when we raise the BB, i mean Lombadi Trophy again this year.

The only way to hold him "accountable" is when the Pats turn out NOT to be 2-2. Complaining now is pointless and nothing more than easily-dismissible partisanship, because from an objective sense his prediction of 2-2 is no less valid than ours.

The impact and possibility of influencing him would be MUCH greater if he receives no emails now but a mountain when the Pats win this weekend.

Slagathor said:
Fair enough.
Thanks Slag. :rocker:

If the other folks who replied to slag's post and have the e-mail in their posts could edit the e-mail out we'll be back to Ian's standards and can then bash this nitwit's idiotic perspective with our usual charm and civility. :D

Digger44 said:
Thanks Box. I agree with slag that this is a turd article. It is pure foolishness to write such a thing. Let's just laugh at this ESPN turd when we raise the BB, i mean Lombadi Trophy again this year.
We may have to just settle for the Bill Belichick library annex at the Profootball Hall of Fame.

This Whitlock guy, I don't know if he even believes half the stuff he writes. Anyone remember when the Colts beat us last year (I know we all don't want to, but...). My recollection is that he had been praising the Colts up until then and his article after their victory pointed to their performance as an indication that they were a weak team. It was like he was trying to find the thing that would aggravate Colts fans the most by pulling the rug out from under them.

I don't pay any attention to anything he says.

Last edited:
chris_in_sunnyvale said:
Whitlock was the moron who heckled Pats fans, calling Bledsoe "gay", during the 40-10 spanking of the Chiefs in '98. He wrote a pseudo-apology for ESPN's Page 2 a couple of years later, recounting the time some anonymous reporter crossed a line during that game and didn't reveal who he was writing about until the final line. I didn't get all riled up when he did that nor demand an apology nor really care much when he wrote his contrition. The whole thing just reminded me that there are a lot of juvenile clowns for sports reporters and they are not to be taken seriously. His latest comment is further proof of that.

Regards,
Chris

Chris et. al.,
Whitlock has a career record of bashing the Patriots.
I'd say email the losah except that attention is what this wannabe wants.

As far as these guys not caring what the fans say, I recall Pete Prisco got hammered day after day with emails from Pats fans asking him for fairness and unbiasedness.

It worked and he actually devoted an article to all the flaming he got.

Although I still think he's somewhat of a hack, his demeanor towards the team has definitely changed.

I doubt a guy like Whitlock would care as he seems to be enrthralled by the wonder that is Jason Whitlock. But I truly wish that there was more accountability. Voicing one's opinion is very American, but as are equally dissent and challenging those opinions.

Gumby said:
I spent some time in KC. listened to whitlock on his local radio show there a couple of years ago before he went national. Whitlock is a pretty knowledgeable guy about the Chiefs and usually a common sense guy about football in general.

Sounds like he is just taking the party line held by most press idiots. maybe sucking up to that national audience at Pats expense ?? whatever, I still think he is ok commentator - even if I disagree with him.

I'm with you, although I've only read a few articles.

He certainly goes out of his way to be "controversial" but I don't think he's malicious (unlike some we could name ...).

I find him original and thought-provoking.

Bella*chick said:
He may not care but the email is posted over at ESPN precisely so people can give feedback.

nuff said digga.......

chris_in_sunnyvale said:
Whitlock was the moron who heckled Pats fans, calling Bledsoe "gay", during the 40-10 spanking of the Chiefs in '98. He wrote a pseudo-apology for ESPN's Page 2 a couple of years later, recounting the time some anonymous reporter crossed a line during that game and didn't reveal who he was writing about until the final line. I didn't get all riled up when he did that nor demand an apology nor really care much when he wrote his contrition. The whole thing just reminded me that there are a lot of juvenile clowns for sports reporters and they are not to be taken seriously. His latest comment is further proof of that.

Regards,
Chris

This is that same d-bag?....what a biased a-hole...well there goes his credibility.......

Slagathor said:
So if your so sure he's not gonna care about my or anyone elses opinion, why this overwhelming sense of self-righteousness on your part to prevent folks from challenging his column?

The problem I'm having is that you've ordained yourself this oasis of goodness, and that everyone's going to send him "hate" mail. I just sent him an email, and challenged him on the facts.

It's not in my nature to show hatred toward someone over football and I give my folks on here more credit than you do, that such activity would occur.

"Oasis of goodness".....you are too much :).....how do you come up with this stuff???!!!

And let's not forget the classic Whitlock article where he accused everyone who did not particularly care for the last Olympic mens' basketball team of being racist.

As Mike the Brit said, he definitely goes out of his way to be controversial.

stcjones said:
"Oasis of goodness".....you are too much :).....how do you come up with this stuff???!!!

I'm a drama quee.....king....

..you know what I mean.

Digger44 said:
Who are you trying to kid? There is only one reason to post this email--so he can get floods of emails from Pats fans.
It's only harassment if the emailers harass him. If one or 100 emailers take him to task for being silly in his commentary, it's not harassing him. He puts his email address out there so he can get feedback.

I've responded negatively to Curran and Felger, and both responded. But I was opposed to illogic they used and said so. I didn't harass them. ANd if a thousand people emailed them and said the same thing I did, it still wouldn't me harassment. It would be a grass roots uprising and an overwhelming inditement of their analysis. They might have rethought it had they received a thousand emails instead of one.

Well, maybe Curran would have.

Slagathor said:
Jason Whitlock. Another arrogant douchebag who'll get all defensive when reality hits him.

"7. Besides the New Orleans Saints, which 2-0 squad is the league's biggest fraud? The New England Patriots, of course.

One-possession victories over the Bills and the Jets do little to instill confidence. The Pats are headed to 2-2. They'll lose to a mediocre Denver squad this weekend and then they'll get spanked by Cincinnati and Bill Belichick will begin to miss all of the veterans he has let go."

I thought you said check out this Analyzer's Turd. But I digress. PLEASE let the Patriots go to 4 and 0 to shut up this AHole.

What is a one possession win?

Against Buffalo, the Pats had the lead, ground out the clock, and took a knee on the Buffalo 20 after killing 6 minutes.

Against the Jets, think we might have played it differently in a tie? Maybe gone for a TD instead of running the clock deep in NY's end?

Brady has had two very average games, but when he needed it against the Jets and had 3rd and 5, 3-5, 3-7, and 2-9, he completed passes of 6, 6, 8, and 10, and ran off 8 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back