PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Check out this poll from the Finz board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoughingthePasser said:
Rodney Harrison will have one on the biggest hits in NFL history on either Chris Chambers or McMichael and take them out of the rest of the season.
All defensive minded fans will be out of their seats.
Peyton Manning will have nightmares

The cherry on top will be Mike V's hit that makes Duante hyperextend his knee

WOW! Pure class right there. I'm glad you're rooting for injuries. You're just pathetic for hoping that.:mad:

rabthepat said:
God I hate those losers...why did we give them that gift win at the end of the season last year? It had gotten their hopes up way too high.

What happens when they do win the division? Man I absolutely cannot wait to come back here when it happens. It will be oh so sweet!

AndyJohnson said:
Doesnt that work in our favor for this year?
Arent we in better shape if they are overconfident?

Who cares what delusional Finfans think?

They are not a good team. The OL is awful, the D mediocre.
They have one of the biggest homefield advantages in the NFL due to weather, so they may end up with a winning record, but anything more than 9-7 is not going to happen.

Defense is mediocre? That's a little ignorant considering we have a top ten front 7 including 2 all pros with a top 5 defensive line and a great sophomore linebacker who will be awesome this year. Not to mention the 6 points our first team defense has allowed in a little more than 5 quarters this preseason.
You're kidding yourself if you think they are mediocre.

Homefield advantage? Yeah it's really an advantage to be used to bright sunny weather all year then to head to an iceland. If you think this Dolphin team does worse than last years team, you just don't know a thing about the Dolphins or football for that matter.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
WOW! Pure class right there. I'm glad you're rooting for injuries. You're just pathetic for hoping that.:mad:

What happens when they do win the division? Man I absolutely cannot wait to come back here when it happens. It will be oh so sweet!

Defense is mediocre? That's a little ignorant considering we have a top ten front 7 including 2 all pros with a top 5 defensive line and a great sophomore linebacker who will be awesome this year. Not to mention the 6 points our first team defense has allowed in a little more than 5 quarters this preseason.
You're kidding yourself if you think they are mediocre.

Homefield advantage? Yeah it's really an advantage to be used to bright sunny weather all year then to head to an iceland. If you think this Dolphin team does worse than last years team, you just don't know a thing about the Dolphins or football for that matter.

You're wasting your time! Pat fans think because in the lifetime they've been a franchise they've been successfull all of maybe 6 or 7 years they are gods gift to football. Great they won the SB 3 out of the last 5 years, you'd think they were the only team to ever achieve such an accomplishment:rolleyes: . They also act like they will never be out of position to win again, like Dallas or Pittsburgh or SF just kept winning and winning and winning long after thier runs were over. They also show their ignorance by ignoring the ugrades in Miami's coaching staff, QB position and D. Anyone who thinks Daunte isn't going to be a huge improvement over Gus is a moron!!!! Just let them live in their fantasy world a little longer, they know full well the ride doesn't last forever. They just don't want to admit it, one of the Pat fans in this thread commented on the avg. age of the fans on Finheaven as a reason why Miami fans were expecting to win, well how old are you when you can't accept the fact that a division rival has gotten better but you're to immature to admit it?? This is a new season, what happened last year or the year before or the year before that has nothing to do with this year. Apparently Pats fans can live in and off the past, but no one else can more proof maturity is no more prevelent here then on finheaven!!!

Last edited:
G-Force said:
Actually as I recall in the 1st championship run Brady was injured in a playoff game and Drew came in and brought the team back from a 20 point deficit.
That's some awesome revisionist history.

Johnny Mac said:

That was my favorite post over there on the fins board. I mean, way to know what you're talking about before you post. I think that's going to have to become my signature, lol. :p

Aqua4Ever04 said:
This sure is great. All of you guys think you are unbeatable and untouchable. Truth is, last year you were a Randy McMichael fumble away from losing the division. (Or better play calling late in the game for that matter.)
Shmessy: Where do I begin with this? You wanna compare teams throwing away games - -did you see your last game of the season? No, sonny boy, the division was never in doubt last year. And that admittedly close game in Miami, wasn't that the one where we had no RB starters (Just the legendary Heath Evans going for 100 all purpose yards? We were held together by duct tape in that game in your hothouse and you still couldn't put the Pats away. That was pathetic for a "contender".
Why is it that all of you think it is impossible for the Fins to win the division? Daunte Culpepper looks like he is his old self again and if he is, you guys are screwed. 9-7 with Gus Frerotte = 11-5 or 12-4 with Daunte. There is no doubt about that in my mind.

Let's hope Daunte IS his old self again: Last time Culpepper had to face a Belichick D: He went 24 for 49 and was sacked 4 times (and that was when he had more mobility)- - he was shellshocked after the game.

However, I do realize there is a possibility the Pats win the East. I really just don't see it happening but at least I am not so closed minded to think that there is only one possibility. Some of you guys need to wake up and realize you aren't the only team in the NFL. Believe it or not, there are 31 other teams! Can you believe it???:eek:

Oh, we know there are 31 other teams in the league, but there are none like us .

Ten characters

I know what you mean Feelthepain. But I just think they are blessed with knowing any better. I figure we should give them a chance to be able to expand their minds a little bit.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I know what you mean Feelthepain. But I just think they are blessed with knowing any better. I figure we should give them a chance to be able to expand their minds a little bit.
I don't even think this ******ed thread should be in this forum.

Optimism on a teams fan site. The horror!!

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:

Obviosuly a Ricky Williams fan.

HELLO PATSFANS,

:trolls: :trolls: :trolls: :trolls:

jaychamp said:
You guys are being harsh. I went to the first link and if you read the actual posts almost half think the Pats win the division, and they made fun of the guy that said 15-1 for the fish. Considering it is a Dolphins board I don't see them as being unreasonable, not anymore than people are here. If anyone is going to challenge the Pats it's the Dolphins, and it's not out of the realm of possibility. It's not like the Dolphins are going to suck. Anything can happen.

They are being optimistic, but not stupid about it, minus some exceptions. Big deal.

As far as I can tell, they are ranking thier team well enough. Giving them the home fan curve of about a plus 2-3 win expectation. Nothing more then I would expect from us here.

They are slightly delusional in thier expectation of our fall from grace, but that is the beauty of the NFL. No reason for us to get upset at them. Hope springs enternal in August.

I think that Phin's fans expectations are soley buoyed by Culpepper's 2004 stats. The Phin's think they will go as far as Culpepper takes them.

But remember, Phin fans, Culpepper never played in the AFC.

R

njpatsfan said:
I think that Phin's fans expectations are soley buoyed by Culpepper's 2004 stats. The Phin's think they will go as far as Culpepper takes them.

But remember, Phin fans, Culpepper never played in the AFC.

R

All that the "reasonable fin fans" have said is we have a chance to win the division. I think thats far more reasonable then Pat fans thinking there is no way they will lose the division.

feelthepain said:
All that the "reasonable fin fans" have said is we have a chance to win the division. I think thats far more reasonable then Pat fans thinking there is no way they will lose the division.

Oh please, you all have said more than you have a chance to win the divison. Hell you've practically printed your tickets to the playoffs.

desi-patsfan said:
Oh please, you all have said more than you have a chance to win the divison. Hell you've practically printed your tickets to the playoffs.

All I've said is the fins have a chance to win the division!

Johnny Mac said:

yeah, we led 7-3 when Tom went down and were driving for another score that Drew finished off to go up 14-3.

In the 2nd half, Drew did everything he could to jeopardize all kinds of gifts by the Pittsburgh offense, and if not for TWO special teams TDs, would have.

Based on the way Drew was playing, if not for the two ST scores, BB would've reinserted TB in the 4th quarter...I know it's hypothetical, but I have no doubt about it.

To Drew's credit, he got a couple key first downs near the end that let us run out the clock...but that was a VERY SHAKY performance at best.

we won because of Troy Brown's heroic afternoon (the real MVP of that game) and Kordell's 3 stupid picks.

Drew finished the game 10 of 21 for 102 yards...rating of 78 (and he VERY nearly threw a fatal pick that would've spelled our doom -- rating would've been 58 in that case).

Whoa...I seem to remember Bledsoe throwing a TD in that game, then breaking down behind the bench. I still remember his teammates congratulating him yelling "Get up Boy!!!"

He was a class act the way he handled himself that season and he saved our bacon that game.

MDPATSFAN said:
Whoa...I seem to remember Bledsoe throwing a TD in that game, then breaking down behind the bench. I still remember his teammates congratulating him yelling "Get up Boy!!!"

He was a class act the way he handled himself that season and he saved our bacon that game.

class act?...agree 100%.
teammates loved him?...agree 100%.
played a nice game?...couldn't be further from the truth...sorry for letting the facts get in the way of sweet memories.

i dont see a problem..i mean start a poll here whos going to win the poll by a lot?we are..start it at Bills or Jets..they vote themselves. theres no respect between fans..its a rivlary..so if u add your own team in the poll..98% sure its going to be them

if i should ask for 2 big-heavy-outstanding victories in regular season...

both games with Miami !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes