PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones finds home in Arizona - 5y deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow. Good for him though. His public persona seems like a good guy, anyway. Hopefully he can stay away from the issues which hurt his brothers... although the synthetic weed wasn't a good start. Would have been nice to have had him on the team, but the trade worked out fine, you can't pay everyone, and he's not enough of a game changer in my opinion to be worth it.

Jones, Collins and Hightower were all best buds. You'd better believe that after seeing both his friends get "paid", he's going to want to be "paid" as well. If Hightower does return, I doubt the Pats will get even a 1% discount.

Unfotunately the guy who had 114 guys get more tackles than him, is going to be a hot commodity and I'm afraid the bidding is going to START at $12/yr. I was hoping his statistical lack of production, snaps, and time on the field, might temper the market, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

In my opinion IF he goes somewhere else, the buyer is going to wind up overpaying, even if Hightower continues to play well. HOWEVER if he remains here, even for top dollar, he will be worth the price because of he brings to THIS team that can't be measured statistically.

Well the market is the market, you can't discuss the market, it's like discussing with the wind but I don't see how signing a guy that will not single handedly win you games (may close the deal in a game or 2 , tops) for this kind of money is a smart thing to do with your salary cap.

So 2 1/2 years of production since he only really puts up numbers for half the season? Lol:p

Good for him, though. I have to imagine the first big contract is usually the most special.

Wow sucks to see homegrown talent like Collins and Jones get huge contracts elsewhere, but both are grossely being overpaid. Congrats to both of them for getting what they want.

Damn, good for him. That's a ton of money, and he earned it.

Also, I think this might be a good sign for our chances of keeping our guys. He's the top edge rusher on the market, which is the kind of guy that typically gets a market-setting deal. The fact that he isn't making more than last year's top guy seems to suggest that this year's FA market might not be significantly over last year's in price tag. Which would be a pleasant surprise, given the supply (few upper-tier FAs this year) and demand (cap went up $10M, lots of teams with space) of it.

Plus it opened the door for Flowers who I believe is a better overall player.

I wouldn't go that far yet simply because we don't have a lot to go on, but I think he's well on the way and may be as soon as this coming season. Flowers' performance in the Super Bowl was more impactful than any game Jones ever had for us, so he's definitely on the right track.

Glad he got paid, seems a decent fellow. Hey Chandler, I'm sorry weed isn't legal in Arizona for recreational use. I voted in favor, so don't blame me!

He better watch out in AZ, it ain't California down there. Interstate Hwy checkpoints, drug sniffing dogs, turnstile processing, harsh punishments or heavy fines. You peeps still back in the North East wouldn't believe it. Yes, hwy roadblocks right here in the US. Not sure how they get away with it constitutionally, truthfully.

You talking about the Border Patrol checkpoints 5-10 miles from the border? They have them in New Mexico and Texas as well. That's a federal decision.

As for the other stuff, I never saw any of that living in Arizona.

That's gonna buy him a lot of synthetic weed.

He won't have to buy synthetic weed.. He can just head up to Colorado and buy the real thing..

We better get some Linebackers on speed dial.
Im fearing Donta to Tenn could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back