PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

X's & O's Chalk Talk: NE @ Dallas

RULES FOR THIS THREAD:
1) No attacking or criticizing fellow posters, the players, or the coaching.
2) Stick to breaking down plays, not criticizing performance, execution, or messing up.
3) It's ok to identify who blew a play or assignment, but stop right there.
4) It's ok to disagree with analysis from beat writers, but not to criticize them.
5) No coulda, woulda, shoulda, or Brady woulda's.

With that second clip, I think Mac sees Henry but also sees the defender underneath makes a slight step to his right and decides to drop it off to the RB. Had he not had to step up in the pocket due to the RT getting beaten like a drum, I think he may have hung on longer before electing where to throw. I also think this is where the likes of the top 5-10 QB's in the league buy some time for people to get open. You can imagine Mahomes or Allen or even Herbert rolling left after stepping up and buying another 3/4 seconds. A lack of patience, as well as being pressured often can be the causes of that. Both coachable, you'd hope.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Thanks as ever folks, I struggle to get much spare time to watch things on Mondays and Tuesdays so it's nice in the back half of the week to be able to look at things in more detail.

Just reading through Evan Lazar's timeline, nice clip of Tavai on Sunday:

Reactions: PP2

I do think this one is definitely nitpicky:

1696440903923.png
The guy is already coming around the right edge bearing down on Jones and there's a linebacker sitting in the middle of the field ahead of Henry, with a defensive back further beyond that who could drift back if Jones tried to lead Henry. That likely would have resulted in a pick.

However, I don't disagree Taylor, though, on the other plays, but I do on this one. Especially given the state of the pocket in the moment he's highlighting.

Also, Taylor did a great job during his appearance with Tom Curran this Week breaking down the game further if you haven't seen it:

Last edited:

Reactions: Ian
@PP2 I was just wondering when are you going to start the new X's and O's thread for the Pats/Saints? You do a great job providing insight into the Patriots plays. Thank you!

@PP2 I was just wondering when are you going to start the new X's and O's thread for the Pats/Saints? You do a great job providing insight into the Patriots plays. Thank you!

Not worth it for me, until the OL gets its crap together. Until then, it's pointless to break down the game effectively.

Same for the D.. big struggle to adjust to the absence of Gonzo and Judon.

Not worth it for me, until the OL gets its crap together. Until then, it's pointless to break down the game effectively.

Same for the D.. big struggle to adjust to the absence of Gonzo and Judon.
Sorry you feel that way. It's a thread that will be missed.

Sorry you feel that way. It's a thread that will be missed.

Hopefully the next game will be much better in the way of execution and give us some good stuff to look at.

Hopefully the next game will be much better in the way of execution and give us some good stuff to look at.

I like to see the stuff that goes wrong too, then you get an idea of what is fixable and what isn't. But, no worries.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back