PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

X's & O's Chalk talk: Miami @ NE

RULES FOR THIS THREAD:
1) No attacking or criticizing fellow posters, the players, or the coaching.
2) Stick to breaking down plays, not criticizing performance, execution, or messing up.
3) It's ok to identify who blew a play or assignment, but stop right there.
4) It's ok to disagree with analysis from beat writers, but not to criticize them.
5) No coulda, woulda, shoulda, or Brady woulda's.

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Feel free to post observations, share analytical tweets, ask questions, or review a particular play.

Please save your rants and criticism for the post-game thread.

I'll start off:

I posted my thoughts in the postgame thread:
I hate the final 4th and 4 decision by Mac to take the out to Gesicki. He doesn't get enough on the ball and Gesicki has to step up one step inside the sticks, and then makes an inside move, kind of, which cost him more ground. I really want to see the all 22 on this play, because it looks like Parker has his guy beat when he gets out of frame. My whole point is Mac needed to throw the ball to a better, deeper spot of he is going to go to Gesicki, which it looks like he's locked on for whatever reason. He's gotta throw it past the sticks, and he's short. Maybe it's on Gesicki to get deeper, but it looks like Mac didn't give him enough to work with.

In general I think mcdaniels created some incredible plays and schemes offensively

I saw a YouTube video last week which said that lafleur and mcvay are already stealing plays from the phins offense

One of the routes was designed for tyreek hill
The route basically looked like a „U“ just starting with a run to the right and then turning into the field with a half circle, hill was unguardable and the defenders in the MoF when hill was coming back inside had no chance of sticking with him

They are really innovative and use their speedy wr so much in motion that it is hard to double them

That is what our offense has been missing
If you have TT you have to use him more in motion , that is some basic stuff our offense has been missing. Although with BOB motion is used more often , I hope this involves TT when he is back

In general I think mcdaniels created some incredible plays and schemes offensively

I saw a YouTube video last week which said that lafleur and mcvay are already stealing plays from the phins offense

One of the routes was designed for tyreek hill
The route basically looked like a „U“ just starting with a run to the right and then turning into the field with a half circle, hill was unguardable and the defenders in the MoF when hill was coming back inside had no chance of sticking with him

They are really innovative and use their speedy wr so much in motion that it is hard to double them

That is what our offense has been missing
If you have TT you have to use him more in motion , that is some basic stuff our offense has been missing. Although with BOB motion is used more often , I hope this involves TT when he is back

He used a lot of out motion to really screw up the D. Did the same on the Hill TD where Hill was doubled at the line, so the TE motions out, forcing Dugger (?) to peel off the double and leave Hill in single coverage.

Talk about throwing into a very tight window, on the run.

I posted my thoughts in the postgame thread:
I wish you had kept them there. That is nothing more than your opinions, blaming people for what they did wrong. That’s NOT what this thread is about. This is supposed to be check out this cool play design where they used the x to clear out the safety leaving the y wide open. It’s about learning the game and strategy of football, not getting into enflamed debates about why players suck. Only exception to that rule might be, for example on the sweep where Rham got hit by 2 guys 5 yards deep in the back field, why did it fail? Well Owenu ended up getting driven 2 yards backwards, both Strange and Andrews had one hand on the same guy 2 yards down field, and the pulling (I can’t make out the number so idk who it is) missed his guy who cut under him. Now who was supposed to block who by the play design cuz clearly multiple people failed badly?

would like to see the play where duggar faked the rush and dropped back into the slant zone and deflected the pass......was a really good adjustment by the D, they knew how miami was going to respond and baited the throw.....was pretty slick

He used a lot of out motion to really screw up the D. Did the same on the Hill TD where Hill was doubled at the line, so the TE motions out, forcing Dugger (?) to peel off the double and leave Hill in single coverage.
Watching the dolphins offense they use a ton of motion, but not in the way most teams do, motion is usually meant to figure out if the defense is in man or zone and to get your smallest guy a free release so he doesn’t get jammed. The Dolphin motion was for neither of those things, so many times they would have Hill line up almost as an offline TE, or in the old wing T a RB, then looking at Tua for the snap count explode out to the slot basically giving him a 5 yard head start in getting up to speed. The timing needs to be exactly right or you get called offsides, and I would imagine a heads up defense now knows the snap count (hill goes, 1 mississippi, snap) but if the ball is coming out in 2 secs anyway who cares. I hope BOB steals some of that for when Thornton comes back.

I wish you had kept them there. That is nothing more than your opinions, blaming people for what they did wrong. That’s NOT what this thread is about. This is supposed to be check out this cool play design where they used the x to clear out the safety leaving the y wide open. It’s about learning the game and strategy of football, not getting into enflamed debates about why players suck. Only exception to that rule might be, for example on the sweep where Rham got hit by 2 guys 5 yards deep in the back field, why did it fail? Well Owenu ended up getting driven 2 yards backwards, both Strange and Andrews had one hand on the same guy 2 yards down field, and the pulling (I can’t make out the number so idk who it is) missed his guy who cut under him. Now who was supposed to block who by the play design cuz clearly multiple people failed badly?
So we are just going to look at plays. Got it. Glad you are here to straighten me out.

Talk about throwing into a very tight window, on the run.

Collinsworthless said that td to Henry was illegal because he blocked past the allowed line and then went on to receive. Is that accurate?

So we are just going to look at plays. Got it. Glad you are here to straighten me out.
Literally at the top of the page.

RULES FOR THIS THREAD:
1) No attacking or criticizing fellow posters, the players, or the coaching.
2) Stick to breaking down plays, not criticizing performance, execution, or messing up.
3) It's ok to identify who blew a play or assignment, but stop right there.
4) It's ok to disagree with analysis from beat writers, but not to criticize them.
5) No coulda, woulda, shoulda, or Brady woulda's.

Collinsworthless said that td to Henry was illegal because he blocked past the allowed line and then went on to receive. Is that accurate?
Yes this is accurate from what I saw
But also one o-liner was almost an illegal man downfield, I try to rewatch it later

Illegal man downfield almost never gets called. Literally happens every KC game.
agree, I am glad the refs called many flags on Kc against the jags

Illegal man downfield almost never gets called. Literally happens every KC game.
What about Henry's block and release beyond the line?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back