PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chadiha:You can write it down now:The Broncos will be playing in this year's SB

Having said that, the Broncos receiving group should be able to make up for a lot of that decline.

That's something I agree with..... I think the Bronco's have an Elite receiving core. I think D. Thomas is a special talent, I think Welker excels (AT HIS ROLE), add to them Decker and this other Thomas (who looks pretty legit as well) and I think that will make up for a lot of PM shortcomings.

You can also bet the Broncos will find more ways to utilize a running game that generated just 66 yards Thursday. When Denver fell apart in last year's playoff loss, it was the lack of a viable rushing attack that was most notable in that defeat.

So Denver's biggest achilles was their rushing attack in the playoffs? Well, good thing they figured it out yesterday with their phenomenal 2.8 yards per carry. Oh wait, they didn't? Don't worry, they'll just figure it out later because they have the unstoppable Moreno, Hilliman, and Ball.

Once again, great logic ESPN. We wouldn't expect anything less.

No mention that Baltimore won the first half.

Or that the actual score should have been more like 34-24

I remember winning the first half vs Indy in an AFC Championship game.....Has that banner been hoisted yet??

Peyton Manning is freakin awesome. Although I root against him as much as anyone, you can't deny greatness. I don't want to be like one of the zillions of Brady haters who are jealous- I can root against him but can't deny that he's a truly special player. Enjoy Brady and Manning both playing in their primes because when it's over, you will miss both of them.

Yes, the Broncos have a lot of talent on offense, but 7 TDs, 0 INTs? I don't think many other QBs could do that with the all-pro team.

I remember winning the first half vs Indy in an AFC Championship game.....Has that banner been hoisted yet??
no, that's why they play 60 minutes.

That's something I agree with..... I think the Bronco's have an Elite receiving core. I think D. Thomas is a special talent, I think Welker excels (AT HIS ROLE), add to them Decker and this other Thomas (who looks pretty legit as well) and I think that will make up for a lot of PM shortcomings.

"AT HIS ROLL" ??

Leading the league in catches.
Leading the league in first downs.
Putting 12 on the board
Indestructible

Where can we get a guy like that?

hope this serves as a nice jinx.

Yes, the Broncos have a lot of talent on offense, but 7 TDs, 0 INTs? I don't think many other QBs could do that with the all-pro team.

Actually, the way the Ravens’ D played last night, I can think of multiple QBs who can put these kinds of numbers. I’d like to see Manning put up these numbers against the Niners…

Next up for them is the Giants. That should be a taller task for Denver. They take away passing lanes with their length and can commit more players to the underneath stuff by only rushing four. If they can exploit that D with the way they are built, then I might be a believer. Right now I am still skeptical. On the other hand I thought the loss of Dumerville might have actually helped their D. They looked pretty good against the run. Pass D, too tough to tell. Once Jones went down the seams went down with him.
Wow, Goober vs. Gomer in freakin' Mayberry. The 4 letter network will be orgasmic all week. They might as well collect the Mannings' gonads and run them through a car wash for 168 consecutive hours beginning at 1:00 pm this Sunday.

whatever. i just hope this serves as a motivation tool for the pats and brady.

1st time in a while pats aren't *favored* to take it all down. hope pats come out to curb stomp everyone. most important game is the last one

Don't remember this much criticism over these types of articles about the Pats at the beginning of 2007. The AFC looks weak and their offense looks pretty spectacular, it's not an affront to speculate on their superbowl aspirations.

Why don't we play the Super Bowl the first week of the season? :rolleyes:

If not for Gronk's injuries we could have 5 rings now instead of 3.

We'll see if they can survive to games 17-18-19.

Yes ... the Bronco's look lethal ... but that means little in week 1.

I think the Broncos look awesome, but the reason this game got out of hand was because Joe Flacco is the same mediocre quarterback that we've all known. They are paying him north of $20M, and he couldn't get a first down in the second half to give the defense a rest. When you invest that type of money in a QB, they need to carry the load. On the other side, we saw what a real $20M QB looks like. Because the Ravens spent all that money on Flacco, their defense is much weaker. And Flacco's futility will no longer cut it there. I hope the Ravens are happy with their investment- it won't be long before the "Best GM in the NFL" is remembered for the worst contract in NFL history. Mark my words.

"AT HIS ROLL" ??

Leading the league in catches.
Leading the league in first downs.
Putting 12 on the board
Indestructible

Where can we get a guy like that?

:singing: Hahahahahahahahaha....

You do realize that only 2 teams have played so far, right? Never mind....... Your right..... He is light years ahead of our slot receiver, who has a whooping 0 catches right now. We suck....

Put 12 on the board? awesome.... 6 on a blown coverage on defense, and basically handed 7 back on a dumb decision and a muffed punt. That net's 5 points. His whooping 7.5 yds (9-68 yds) a catch is all-world too, right?

Look dude...... I loves me Wes Welker as much as anyone out there, but if you are gonna try to base an argument on overpaying Welker as one of the league's premier WRs, your gonna have to use more then last's night's game. Don't let emotion rule your world son.

Welker was what we know him to be. Very dependable and elusive to get open past the sticks. I'd hardly say that's worth 8M a year. The fact is, there were 3 other players on offense that played better then he did last night (PM and both Thomas boys). If you are gonna tout 9 receptions as a remarkable stat, that receiver better AT LEAST have 100 receiving yards.

He was great (like we all knew he would be), but he wasn't all world.

He also missed Welker deep on a play where Welker had smoked Webb.

I think I saw what you saw. I saw a Manning who's arm strength isn't what it used to be and looks as if it'll struggle in weather, and on long outs. He also seemed to have lost some of his former touch. Whether that's just first game stuff, or something more longlasting, is something that will play itself out.

Having said that, the Broncos receiving group should be able to make up for a lot of that decline.

If our CB rotation is healthy when we play them, I would double Demaryius, single Decker, double Welker when I can, and keep coverage bunched in the intermediate areas between the numbers. I think Dennard can stick with Decker man to man but I wouldn't single up Demaryius with Talib all game. If we do that and regularly disguise our looks pre-snap, we should be able to do enough on defense to win the game. That's just how I'd attack it though. You're not going to totally shut that passing game down, but it can be slowed.

I think they are better than the pats, but won't be playing in NY in february.

If not for Gronk's injuries we could have 5 rings now instead of 3.

We'll see if they can survive to games 17-18-19.

Yes ... the Bronco's look lethal ... but that means little in week 1.

There's a lot of if nots in those two superbowls.

If not for Pierre Woods being outfought for the fumble because he downright sucked, we would've had an extra possession.

If not for Tom Brady throwing an intentional grounding in the end-zone which resulted in a safety, we might've actually won that game.

There's more, but you get the picture...

FYI, I love ice.

-Jamman

If Denver goes 16-0 followed by a final 17-1, I'm OK with that. More than OK 'cause I can see who gives them the -1.

Manning's 7TD game was a lot like Brady's 6TD game against Tennessee. A statistical aberration in a flukey game that we shouldn't draw conclusions from. Denver has a laughable schedule for the second straight year, and we'll likely have to wait until January to see them exposed - but exposed they will be. Manning's arm strength has declined, a lot, they can't run the ball, and they can't cover on defense. They have great protection and great weapons, and Manning is still as sharp as ever, mentally. But that's probably not enough to win the SB, and certainly not enough to scare me.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back