PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Chad Ryland - Round 4 - 112th overall

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Trade Up For a Kicker In Round 4 at #112
Ian Logue
The Patriots traded up for the first time in this 2023 NFL Draft, moving up from #120 overall to #112 and selecting a kicker with their second pick of the afternoon.

The post Patriots Trade Up For a Kicker In Round 4 at #112 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Belichick seems. Ore than happy to waste draft picks

And a kicker which wasn’t even projected to be drafted…head scratch
You don’t know how wrong you are. The guy has a bazooka for a leg. Just needs to work on his consistency. I’ve watched him kick 50+ yard field goals, and they hit the top of the netting, meaning they would be good from 60+. Set the all time field goal percentage at Maryland. Great on kickoffs as well. Massive leg.

Unfortunately, he’s the second most exciting Pat’s draft pick behind Gonzalez and the most exciting offensive draft pick by the Pats in the 2023 draft. Tells you how bad their draft has been overall.

Starting some player threads to individually discuss each guy.

You don’t know how wrong you are. The guy has a bazooka for a leg. Just needs to work on his consistency. I’ve watched him kick 50+ yard field goals, and they hit the top of the netting, meaning they would be good from 60+. Set the all time field goal percentage at Maryland. Great on kickoffs as well. Massive leg.

Unfortunately, he’s the second most exciting Pat’s draft pick behind Gonzalez and the most exciting offensive draft pick by the Pats in the 2023 draft. Tells you how bad their draft has been overall.
So he’s inconsistent and still set school record?

And a kicker which wasn’t even projected to be drafted…head scratch

According to who? I had a K projected. Folk is 38 and his accuracy from 40-49 dipped last year. Kicking hurt the team last year, especially on kick-offs. I count 2 games the difference was KO Return TDs (Bills and Vikings). Rylan had 70% touchback rate. Kicker that can kick off was a definite need.

NFL ball, NFL width goalposts. Hits from 62 & 66. Hits three kickoffs of over 70 yards and 4+ sec of hangtime. I like him more than Moody, more consistent inside 50 and cleaner technique.

quite a bit of game winners here, lots of long distance made FGs as well. I think the team is set. I am excited to see what the defense will do.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back