PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Ochocinco, Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, BJGE Workout Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can all agree that Chad still has it physically. I'm in the camp that believes he can still put everything together in his head, too. All of those people eager to give up on that talent after one lockout-shortened season have lost their minds.

It seems most WR (except Moss, Welker, and maybe Gaffney) that Pats pick-up did better with their prior teams. The list of guys who were either washed-up or did not get it or could not become Tom's play pals is long enough that I am doubtful of ANY new WR addition until proven otherwise. Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, or even the great Jerry Rice circa 1990 may not be Patriot material.

I know I sound like a cranky old man, but I just find the evidence overwhelmingly against the likelihood that a new WR can break-out with us.:rolleyes:

Caldwell and Stallworth come immediately to mind, so you can relax on this count.

That's the problem..he can't get the offense. It took Moss what 2 hours to get it? Same with Welker, Branch ect.

If he didn't get it last season..he won't this year

Moss is one of the smartest football players ever regardless of position asking anyone else to match that is unreasonable.

Hopefully Chad will get it so he can compete and make the team better, if not there are other options

Physically he's got it. Mentally, well, he DID change his name to a number. So I don't know. See if he shows up to any of the OTA's. Something he didn't do while with the Bengals.

Ochostinko is done. Sorry if the truth hurts. To my untrained eye, I was most impressed by Wallace who looked insanely quick. But hey, what do I know?

Wallace rounded off a lot of his routes. Chad looked 10x better. Granted, it was just a workout for show, but still. Chad clearly looked better than the rest of them.

Per Adam Schefter's twitter: "Breaking News: The New England Patriots are close to a deal with WR Mike Wallace that would make him the highest paid WR in NFL history."

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefler

The combination of Mike Wallace and Brandon Lloyd will be tough to cover for teams facing the Patriots.
4m Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefler

The Mike Wallace contract with the Patriots has already seen a lot of fan backlash from Steelers and Patriot fans alike.
6m Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefler

Mike Wallace's reported deal with the New England Patriots is in the 7 year 130 million dollar range. According to @mortreport

My mistake guys! Looks like it was a troll account. Mods, please delete my two previous posts. Thanks.

My mistake guys! Looks like it was a troll account. Mods, please delete my two previous posts. Thanks.

Just use your edit function and then hit delete....

Please link us to the troll account. Thanks.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefler

The combination of Mike Wallace and Brandon Lloyd will be tough to cover for teams facing the Patriots.
4m Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefler

The Mike Wallace contract with the Patriots has already seen a lot of fan backlash from Steelers and Patriot fans alike.
6m Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefler

Mike Wallace's reported deal with the New England Patriots is in the 7 year 130 million dollar range. According to @mortreport

7yrs/130MM???? Even if nothing else clued you in, those numbers should have told you this was fake news. That sounds like a Red Sox contract.

Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefler

why is Adam Schefter posting at Adam Schefler's?...the Shefter's and the Schefler's hate each other...at least that's what I heard...wait...I'LL tweet that out to the twittersphere and see what kind of pigeon I get back...

You wont see any of that...hopefully he is cut before season starts..waste of $$

Ocho needs to spend time in the film room with Brady and Wes to learn how to read defenses during the game. That was his main problem last year, he had never been asked to do that before in Cinci, with the full offseason he should have time to improve.

It seems most WR (except Moss, Welker, and maybe Gaffney) that Pats pick-up did better with their prior teams. The list of guys who were either washed-up or did not get it or could not become Tom's play pals is long enough that I am doubtful of ANY new WR addition until proven otherwise. Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, or even the great Jerry Rice circa 1990 may not be Patriot material.

I know I sound like a cranky old man, but I just find the evidence overwhelmingly against the likelihood that a new WR can break-out with us.:rolleyes:

This is one of the NFL's biggest myths. When guys don't work out here it's usually because they're either done from a physical standpoint or, in the case of draftees, weren't mentally ready to be NFL players. Name me one example of a receiver that came here, failed, and then went on to immediately flourish on another team. You can't analyze how they did with their previous teams because that doesn't accurately represent where they were in their careers by the time they arrived in New England. Looking at their post-Patriots production is a better way of measuring if the lack of production was primarily the system's or the player's fault.

If you think Jerry Rice in his prime wouldn't have beasted on fools with Tom Brady throwing him the football, you're high. Same goes for any top flight WR in today's NFL.

Per Adam Schefter's twitter: "Breaking News: The New England Patriots are close to a deal with WR Mike Wallace that would make him the highest paid WR in NFL history."

Happy April's fool day.

7yrs/130MM???? Even if nothing else clued you in, those numbers should have told you this was fake news. That sounds like a Red Sox contract.

There's also nothing about the first pick the Pats would have had to given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots