PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson calls out our secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoah whoah whoah...our secondary is not bad at all. Our coverage has been pretty damn good this year. It's our tackling that has been weak. But our coverage as been good, tackling can be improved upon, coverage not so much.

We have a pretty good secondary. It's going to be a good matchup. I'm pumped.

What?! No mention of Hobbs? He rattled off practically every player down to the long-snapper and neglected to mention Ellis Hobbs!

Talk about bulletin board material. Johnson better watch out for Hobbs come game day! Nobody disses Hobbs like that and gets away with it.

Not only will Hobbs hit him, he's gonna knock that gay pride mohawk clear off.

2 recent memories of WR's that were considered VERY MUCH better than our secondaries:

SB XXXVI vs Rams

the playoff game vs Indy

Funny guy Chad.

Here's hoping Carson has such a face full of Pats D-line that Chad and Co are just doing wind sprints all day!

No coments.The sunday we'll speak :D

I'm just so happy to see a thread with some nice give and take with an opposing teams' fan.

Like many others, I like Chad Johnson. I think he is a lot of fun and the things he does just do not bother me. In fact, he often makes me laugh out loud. Plus, he's an awesome player and it's nice to see the Bengals having some good times.

LOL, I just can't hate the Bengals...perhaps their hatred of the Steelers has something to do with it?

i will give Chad this. He can trash talk. Were a no body in the secondary after last 2 games. Nope. If we play near like past 2 weeks..Chad will have a career day. We cant stop Coles or Walker..well Chad is 5x better.im not pissed at all...Chad is that kind of guy..he talks and walks and i like him. Until we stop him while also containting the rest of the offense..im all for Chad calling us out. Maybe thats what we need..someone to fire our secondary up

Bella*chick said:
I'm just so happy to see a thread with some nice give and take with an opposing teams' fan.

Like many others, I like Chad Johnson. I think he is a lot of fun and the things he does just do not bother me. In fact, he often makes me laugh out loud. Plus, he's an awesome player and it's nice to see the Bengals having some good times.

LOL, I just can't hate the Bengals...perhaps their hatred of the Steelers has something to do with it?

If you guys hate the Steelers we are practically family. In Cincinnati we make good chili and hate the Steelers. That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Cicero said:
If you guys hate the Steelers we are practically family. In Cincinnati we make good chili and hate the Steelers. That's pretty much it.

Whoo hoo! Steeler hate AND chili!

A match made in heaven.

I crack up every time this guy opens his mouth. It's not so much being arrogant as opposed to being funny. You know deep down he respects most of his opponents he play's against so it's easy not to get po'd over the things he says.

This guy is light year's apart from say a Freddy Mitchell who doesn't know his head from his behind.

Patriot Missile said:
I crack up every time this guy opens his mouth. It's not so much being arrogant as opposed to being funny. You know deep down he respects most of his opponents he play's against so it's easy not to get po'd over the things he says.

This guy is light year's apart from say a Freddy Mitchell who doesn't know his head from his behind.

Basically any fan who takes Chad Johnson seriously is a moron. He's funny, the stuff he says is light-hearted and he makes things interesting.

I'm sure Rodney is taking it seriously though.

Well if I were Chad Johnson I'd be talking trash too. I know he smells blood and the Pats secondary got lit up by JAKE PLUMMER for chrissakes. If I were Chad Johnson I would be insulted by my effort if I didn't at least put up 150 yards and a TD...

Sigh. This defense can't even get off the fields on third downs. How are they going to handle Palmer to Johnson?

Remix 6 said:
i will give Chad this. He can trash talk. .......... Chad calling us out. Maybe thats what we need..someone to fire our secondary up

That is the thought I had also.

Chad may be the spartk that get the Secondary the attitude it use to have.
Yes they can cover .... but that "knock their block off" attitude seems to have been missing so far. They've seemed to be more about
techique and communication ... but they also need an attitude.

I want to see Samuel or Rodney hit this guy like we've seen them do in the past to other WRs.
I want to see the attitude that won superbowls "Ok you may catch it
but you're gona pay for that catch"

We may be thanking Chad Johnson at the end of the season. :singing:

Cicero said:

***SKYLINE***

I agree with pretty much every other Pats fan when I say I'd much rather see the Bengals win than the Steelers, although I'd still rather see the Steelers win than the Colts.

We will take him seriously.
Chad's ranting about Sunday kept picking on individuals that he claimed were friends. He's FOS.

Just kidding and playing around doesn't cut it...
"Oh, I know him...." or
"Yeah-we friends..."
HE MEANS WHAT HE SAYS THEN TRIES TO COVER IT UP AS TRASHING and Joking.

Our defense does not go out to josh around with buddies and slap asses.

Our guys sacrifice their bodies to win...

He still hasn't learned but Sunday (if they give him the ball enough)-he will learn.

I've learned it's better to keep quiet.

We're gonna come in like the Stealth fighter on opening day.

Last edited:
RoughingthePasser said:
We will take him seriously.
Chad's ranting about Sunday kept picking on individuals that he claimed were friends. He's FOS.

Just kidding and playing around doesn't cut it...
"Oh, I know him...." or
"Yeah-we friends..."
HE MEANS WHAT HE SAYS THEN TRIES TO COVER IT UP AS TRASHING and Joking.

Our defense does not go out to josh around with buddies and slap asses.

Our guys sacrifice their bodies to win...

He still hasn't learned but Sunday (if they give him the ball enough)-he will learn.

I've learned it's better to keep quiet.

We're gonna come in like the Stealth fighter on opening day.

Don't you get fired up when you play friends? I always did. In HS I used to make ridiculous statements about how we would destroy them, and in college, the same thing to my friends at MSU. Hell, I'm still competitive like that now. I'll talk smack if we're going to play touch football out in the yard. Tell 'em they better not play against me unless they want grass stains on their clothes, stuff like that. Chad is making an image for himself, he's likeable, and I'm cool with that. I love the stuff he says every week, and it would be hypocritical to get worked up over it when he says it against my team.

Chad Johnson is the Apollo Creed of the NFL.

I like the guy.

Hopefully he doesn't light us up on Sunday.

If Johnson gets less than 150 yards, it'll be a victory.

Our secondary is a joke. Hank Poteat? No pash rush. Just pathetic.

PatsSox363804 said:
***SKYLINE***

I agree with pretty much every other Pats fan when I say I'd much rather see the Bengals win than the Steelers, although I'd still rather see the Steelers win than the Colts.

Not me! I would much rather see a team like the Steelers win just because of how they play football. Hard nosed, good defense, good run game and stay clean off the field. I hate the Colts for the way they play football and I have a hard time rooting for a team full of criminals and thugs. I feel very fortunate that my son's favorite player is Brady because I know I will never have to sit down and explain why Brady can't play football for a year or why he was on sportscenter in handcuffs.

No disrespect to Cicero who has come here and been nothing but first class.

I don't like the Steelers, but I sure do respect the way they play football and how the organization handles themselves on and off the field. With the exception of Holmes, but every team has one or two morons its inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back