PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Finn's 53 Best Patriots of the Bill Belichick Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
A more fun list would be the 53 worst Patriots of the Belichick tenure.

Duane Starks
Ocho-stinko
Steve Martin
Adrian Klemm
Monty Beisel

You have to walk a fine line because there have been plenty of outright flops - rookies who didn't even make their first cut - but a guy like Starks or Beisel that somehow started even though they were wastelands? Pure gold.

Duane Starks
Ocho-stinko
Steve Martin
Adrian Klemm
Monty Beisel

You have to walk a fine line because there have been plenty of outright flops - rookies who didn't even make their first cut - but a guy like Starks or Beisel that somehow started even though they were wastelands? Pure gold.

How about the 53 Best rumored Patriots acquisitions

1. Adam Seward
2. John Abraham

I've already stated that Brown should be ahead of Moss.

And I had stated that Brown should be ahead of Gronk before you stated that. What is your point?

And I had stated that Brown should be ahead of Gronk before you stated that. What is your point?
No point really. I posted earlier my support or Brown being way up on the list.

I agree- he should be ahead of Gronk as well.

No point really. I posted earlier my support or Brown being way up on the list.

I agree- he should be ahead of Gronk as well.

Gotcha! I cant see how really many would be above Brown. Faulk should be ahead of a lot of guys too.

Gotcha! I cant see how really many would be above Brown. Faulk should be ahead of a lot of guys too.

Brown was extremely important to the first championship but not so much for the last 2.
Unless everyone with a ring comes before everyone without one, I can't see him being that high.

Duane Starks
Ocho-stinko
Steve Martin
Adrian Klemm
Monty Beisel

Fat Albert Haynesworth
Joey Galloway
Deltha O'Neal

Brown was extremely important to the first championship but not so much for the last 2.
Unless everyone with a ring comes before everyone without one, I can't see him being that high.

He filled in at corner all season in 2004 and made an incredible catch on the game-winning drive in the Super Bowl against the Panthers. He wasn't the most important player on the team, or even the most important skill position player in those last two Super Bowls, but don't undersell his contributions.

I think Slater's way too low. Yes, he's only a special teamer, but he's one of the best special teamers of all time. Weird to have Ben Watson ahead of him, who was totally mediocre.

I know he became persona non grata in Foxboro, but Adalius Thomas was superb in 2007. He certainly deserves to be on this list more than, say, Jarvis Green. Ted Washington is nowhere to be found, either, and Jabar Gaffney and Matt Cassel should be on the list as well.

I wouldn't put Law #2 overall, probably closer to #10. Law, as good as he was, was never Darrelle Revis.

He wasn't the most important player on the team, or even the most important skill position player in those last two Super Bowls, but don't undersell his contributions.

Brown was great in SB 38, even more so when you consider that he played most the game with a broken nose after a Panther defender intentionally jammed a knee right through his face mask early in the game.

He filled in at corner all season in 2004 and made an incredible catch on the game-winning drive in the Super Bowl against the Panthers. He wasn't the most important player on the team, or even the most important skill position player in those last two Super Bowls, but don't undersell his contributions.

I think Slater's way too low. Yes, he's only a special teamer, but he's one of the best special teamers of all time. Weird to have Ben Watson ahead of him, who was totally mediocre.

I know he became persona non grata in Foxboro, but Adalius Thomas was superb in 2007. He certainly deserves to be on this list more than, say, Jarvis Green. Ted Washington is nowhere to be found, either, and Jabar Gaffney and Matt Cassel should be on the list as well.

I wouldn't put Law #2 overall, probably closer to #10. Law, as good as he was, was never Darrelle Revis.

Its impossible to discuss this without a definition of how the list is to be made.
If its best players that is entirely different than most contribuutory to success, and if its about success, it should be the best 53 players from 01-03

In any event, Matt Cassel??????????????????????? Are you kidding?

Its impossible to discuss this without a definition of how the list is to be made.
If its best players that is entirely different than most contribuutory to success, and if its about success, it should be the best 53 players from 01-03

In any event, Matt Cassel??????????????????????? Are you kidding?

If we're going to have a mediocre backup defensive end like Jarvis Green on there, Cassel should probably be on there too.

If we're going to have a mediocre backup defensive end like Jarvis Green on there, Cassel should probably be on there too.
Jarvis Green had 3 sacks in an AFCC Game and was a rotational player on 2 champions.
Matt Cassell played QB on one of the 2 BB teams to not make the playoffs.
How does Cassell belong on a 'responsible for success' list?

8 seasons
121 games
46 starts
15 playoff games
28 career sacks
5 post season sacks
9 forced fumbles
230+ career tackles
3 sacks in 03 AFCCG

That does not seem mediocre to me?

Number 54 should be Ross Ventrone. LOL

8 seasons
121 games
46 starts
15 playoff games
28 career sacks
5 post season sacks
9 forced fumbles
230+ career tackles
3 sacks in 03 AFCCG

That does not seem mediocre to me?

Tully Banta-Cain had similar stats and does not appear on this list.... and should not appear on this list.

Andre Carter had nearly half as many sacks in fewer than 1/5 the games for the Patriots, but does not appear on this list.

Jarvis Green was fine, but I wouldn't put him on the list.

No Otis Smith - heh.
:)

I'd put O-T-I-S on this list. After all, we're talking about the players who contributed the most, regardless of position.

By that measure, Otis has contributed more than Revis.

Monty Beisel

Just choked on my wonton soup ... :mad:

Tully Banta-Cain had similar stats and does not appear on this list.... and should not appear on this list.

Andre Carter had nearly half as many sacks in fewer than 1/5 the games for the Patriots, but does not appear on this list.

Jarvis Green was fine, but I wouldn't put him on the list.
OK....Played different positions.

Post I responded to said Jarvis was mediocre. He wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe