PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Centerfield

Johnny Mac said:
I was referring to your claim that he's an excellent CFer.
hes got great speed and a slighty better arm than damon

A slightly better arm than Damon's is still a terrible arm. Baseball Prospectus had him at 5 runs above replacement and -8 runs above average in 2004, when he last played significant time in center. He was 0 and -1 in the 10 games he played there last year. He's much better suited for a corner spot.

Uhhh

patriotspride said:
hes got great speed and a slighty better arm than damon

:violent: :violent: :violent: :violent:

Great--the one thing i was hoping for was a decent arm in center!

Last edited:
mtbykr said:
:violent: :violent: :violent: :violent:

Great--the one thing i was hoping for was a decent arm in center!
sorry guys willie mayes isnt available.for center fielders that are available hes a excellent pick up .hes damon but six years younger .hes the best player in the trade .can you tell me who the number one prospects are in the last ten years and where are they now?if marte was so great atlanta would not give him up for a stiff like rentawreck.who would you rather have rentawreck or crisp?

Last edited:
well

patriotspride said:
sorry guys willie mayes isnt available.for center fielders that are available hes a excellent pick up .hes damon but six years younger .hes the best player in the trade .can you tell me who the number one prospects are in the last ten years and where are they now?if marte was so great atlanta would not give him up for a stiff like rentawreck.who would you rather have rentawreck or crisp?

I am not saying it is a bad trade--but i would rather have a stronger arm in center. Anyway i am sure he is great--but as i said before i would rather have had reed (arguably the best defensive centerfielder in the game) and o-cab. I would still be happy if we got o-cab instead of a-gon---but that doesn't look good!

i love ocab i wish we still had him but im not high on reed .his offensive numbers stink

patriotspride said:
sorry guys willie mayes isnt available.for center fielders that are available hes a excellent pick up .hes damon but six years younger .hes the best player in the trade .can you tell me who the number one prospects are in the last ten years and where are they now?
Why don't you show me? Make sure to highlight the players with similar minor league success as Marte.

if marte was so great atlanta would not give him up for a stiff like rentawreck.
Because Atlanta has no place to play him for the next three years, they really needed a SS, and we're paying them $11 million. If Crisp is so great, why is Cleveland trading him for Marte?

who would you rather have rentawreck or crisp?
Considering that's not the trade, it really doesn't matter.

patriotspride said:
i love ocab i wish we still had him but im not high on reed .his offensive numbers stink
How can you like Cabrera but not Reed? They're both great defenders with light bats. At least Reed is young, cheap, and is expected to improve.

you cant name the number one prospects in the last ten years and i cant either thats the point.since we traded rentwreck for marte and we end up with crisp for marte it does matter becasue we end up with a better player than rentawreck. i love ocab because hes a clutch hitter that also can handle the bat and will give himself up to move along runners and he plays a great ss .i prefer crisp over reed because hes a better hitter and a switch hitter and a excellent fielder than can steel bases and his runs scored will only go up with that line up behind him .when you compare reed to either damon or crisp offensivly there is a huge drop off .with crisp there is no drop off in offense compared to damon in fact crisp hit 6 more hrs last year and hes young so he will only get better in my opinion anyway there is no right or wrong just opinions .i love the trade you dont seem to high on it .oh one more thing reed doesnt seem to be available and the limited talks the sox did have with the mariners the price was to high .papelbon delcarmon lester ect .ect. those were the names the mariners were interested in .i would never give up any of those guys for a guy who hit 254 with 3 hr and 45 rbi

Last edited:
patriotspride said:
you cant name the number one prospects in the last ten years and i cant either thats the point.
I never said I couldn't. I don't see why I should.

since we traded rentwreck for marte and we end up with crisp for marte it does matter becasue we end up with a better player than rentawreck.
Marte's value is not dependent on how we acquired him.

anyway there is no right or wrong just opinions .i love the trade you dont seem to high on it .
I don't think it's terrible, I'd just much rather get Jason Michaels and not give up Marte.

And then you edit with a huge block of post that's really not worth my time to decipher.

Last edited:
Johnny, I don't know if it's just me but you seem real condescending in every post you made in here. It takes the fun out of talking baseball when people are like that.

I try my best.

It wasn't meant as a compliment. I'll do my best to ignore you in the future.

I still think we should re-sign Kapler to use as a utility guy. He's got some pop and speed.

bmf31c said:
I still think we should re-sign Kapler to use as a utility guy. He's got some pop and speed.
if he is healthy hes a good fourth outfielder. if anyone can come back from that injury he can .

ya

Kapler is a great guy, and a great clubhouse guy so i think he would be great as the 4th outfielder. As far as reed goes, it is widely known that theo's plan was to offer Damon the sox max of 4/44 at the winter meetings. If he didn't take it they would drop him and trade for reed, which at the time was a lot cheaper because seattle thought they had another trade worked out. however lucky took the rains and tried to "call damon's bluff" so to speak and waited on everything. Now reed's price is too high when we want him--even though he is def the #1 choice to replace damon on theo's list!

All of this was posted by several sources including gammon, kurtchen, ect...

I'm sure it will all be settled within the next few weeks. In Theo we trust.

If not we will get someone as soon as the contenders and pretenders are seperated during the season.

bmf31c said:
It wasn't meant as a compliment. I'll do my best to ignore you in the future.
There's an ignore feature. You don't even have to try!

So apparently the deal's held up because Mota failed his physcial with Cleveland. Oh the twists and turns of the offseason.

well

Johnny Mac said:

I doubt that it's completely dead. This may be a ploy by cleveland to land someone else in the deal. I mean Mota passed a couple physicals already and now he fails---somethings up! We'll see what happens though!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back