PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

I understand the volume/carrying team argument but do you know how far Derrick White would need to plummet to reach the levels of a guy like Jaylen Brunson? Milwaukee is worse in basically every category with Lillard, who is shooting 42% and playing almost unfathomably bad defense, causing the entire unit to collapse.

Derrick White might not make the all star team because of the emphasis on PPG but he is absolutely one of the best point guards in the league.

Some seriously un-clutch shooting by a number of guys at the end. Jaylen stands out with the missed free throws, shots and lane violation. White missed a few open ones as well.

Just ended: garbage ass final shot by Tatum. I realize he didn’t have much time but it didn’t
even come close. Joe doesn’t know how to run an out of timeout play. It’s always give the ball to Tatum and let him iso.

Last edited:
They deserved to lose. Same stuff we keep saying about their final possession ******** with Tatum and Brown, who were by the way 15-43 overall and 2-17 on threes.

I'm sort of glad they didn't pull that out, because this was a lousy game by the Celtics

A **** ton of missed threes, missed free throws in crunch time, and Tatum was a little out of control

Some seriously un-clutch shooting by a number of guys
Can say that again. Brown had more missed 3s than assists, rebounds, blocks and steals combined, plus 2 brutal FT misses. Tatum's last shot was a fall away brick, are you kidding me

Can say that again. Brown had more missed 3s than assists, rebounds, blocks and steals combined, plus 2 brutal FT misses. Tatum's last shot was a fall away brick, are you kidding me
I’m really concerned that if we’re playing a critical NBA championship game and our only strategy is force it to Tatum who takes an off balance shot.

I’m really concerned that if we’re playing a critical NBA championship game and our only strategy is force it to Tatum who takes an off balance shot.
Yep. It's the fact that it's so predictable, and if it has to go to Tatum iso, he's got to take that ball and attack, not settle for whatever the hell that was

5 seconds left down 2 is where you drive to the hoop since the defense is overplaying the 3 and avoiding a 3 pt play. Fadeaway 17 ft shot there is the worst possible attempt.

I might be wrong, but doesn't it seem like those last second Tatum iso shots to win or tie the game have a very low make rate?

5 seconds left down 2 is where you drive to the hoop since the defense is overplaying the 3 and avoiding a 3 pt play. Fadeaway 17 ft shot there is the worst possible attempt.
I was ok when Larry Legend took them because he was a 10x better shooter than JT. Plus he made them.

JT need to go to the hoop. That is his strength.

Celtics need to get the ball to Porzingis more. The guy is totally checking his ego, which is great, but more of the offense has to run through him

I find it both understandable and frustrating that the ball HAS to go to JT for the final shot in close games. I know that they want to ingrain that finisher mentality into Tatum. But, there are four other viable shooting options on the floor. Draw up a damn play to hit the open man. It's too predictable right now. One or two kickouts for an open 3 to end the game will, at the very least, make future defenses stay honest.

One of the things I looked forward to this season was Marcus Short not being in the lineup in the final moments of a tight game. The C's aren't taking advantage of this.

All this being said, we played the champs when they brought their 'A' game. Murray was damn near unstoppable, and Jokic was...well..."The Joker". We had a chance to win.

Loss wouldn’t of been so bad had it been in Denver but it sucks that the home streak ended. Outplayed in the 2nd half. 21 and 18 in the 3rd and 4th stinks but Denver plays basketball too. Got to be better next time they play obviously.

I hate Perkins as an “analyst” so much. Fat, disgusting slob who sits there with the absolute laziest of lazy basketball takes and acts likes all the players and coaches are idiots. Master of hindsight. Always wrong.

I was ok when Larry Legend took them because he was a 10x better shooter than JT. Plus he made them.

JT need to go to the hoop. That is his strength.
That is both JT's and JB's strength.
They combined for 2-17 on 3's. Mind-blowing.
C's really need to scheme these close-game final minutes better. As has been mentioned, they have 5 capable scorers on the floor. There's a million plays you can implement in those situations that'd be better than " give JT the ball, dribble clock down to nothing and jack up fadeaway or desperation heave".
Cmon Joe,this is on you as much as the players.

I hate Perkins as an “analyst” so much. Fat, disgusting slob who sits there with the absolute laziest of lazy basketball takes and acts likes all the players and coaches are idiots. Master of hindsight. Always wrong.

He's done nothing to show me he deserves that chair. He's had enough time to show it. There are a lot of former players who would do better, IMHO.

I don't care about his body type, however. A former player with great insight that weight 400 pounds would be find by me.

I find it both understandable and frustrating that the ball HAS to go to JT for the final shot in close games. I know that they want to ingrain that finisher mentality into Tatum. But, there are four other viable shooting options on the floor. Draw up a damn play to hit the open man. It's too predictable right now. One or two kickouts for an open 3 to end the game will, at the very least, make future defenses stay honest.

One of the things I looked forward to this season was Marcus Short not being in the lineup in the final moments of a tight game. The C's aren't taking advantage of this.

All this being said, we played the champs when they brought their 'A' game. Murray was damn near unstoppable, and Jokic was...well..."The Joker". We had a chance to win.

Tatum and Brown were poor and they need to figure that out. If they shot 40% to 45%, we win. Tatum was 9 for 24, Brown was 6 for 19, they were 2 for 17 from 3 point range. Denver does not have a shut down defense.

Too little ball movement. They need to involve Porzi and Holiday more and this was an easy win. Too much Tatum and Brown iso ball - figure it out guys.

He's done nothing to show me he deserves that chair. He's had enough time to show it. There are a lot of former players who would do better, IMHO.

I don't care about his body type, however. A former player with great insight that weight 400 pounds would be find by me.
It’s a particularly bad look when he’s dressed sloppily, slumps over in his chair in a lazy posture, looks like he’s going to keel over after saying a sentence, and makes everything seem so simple like everyone else is completely stupid, it’s all so easy, and all his comments are just max impact barbs to get attention.

Tatum and Brown were poor and they need to figure that out. If they shot 40% to 45%, we win. Tatum was 9 for 24, Brown was 6 for 19, they were 2 for 17 from 3 point range. Denver does not have a shut down defense.

Too little ball movement. They need to involve Porzi and Holiday more and this was an easy win. Too much Tatum and Brown iso ball - figure it out guys.
When Tatum and Brown take that many shots against top opponents, they’re going to lose often. The extra pass was there on so many of those attempts too. Their 3s were almost always contested low pct shots. Seems they both wanted to prove Tha Jays are the best duo in the NBA. When Porzingis and White play at that level the game should never be close. The only way they lose at full strength is by these self inflicted wounds.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back