PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2022-23

Speaking of Bronson it is a very good move. Finally an experienced PG who can pass and shoot. Moreover he is a great defender as well. If he stays healthy Boston has a really legit team to be in the final again.

Good idea for Celtics “sources” to emphasize Smart is the starting point guard

Has no actual impact on what they do, but might help prevent Smart from getting pouty

I assume they're focusing on getting a legitimate rotational center/PF now. I hope it's one with actual size/bulk.

I assume they're focusing on getting a legitimate rotational center/PF now. I hope it's one with actual size/bulk.

Well you know what can happen when you assume:

The Celtics are very big already, with players usually on the floor that average an inch or more longer in height and (more importantly) wingspan across the board than their opponent. We heard every playoff opponent talk about it - "the Celtics are so long...."

Whenever it appeared they needed more muscle in the paint, like against Draymond Green, it was a mental issue, being pushed out of their game by a very wise veteran. If they try and play bully ball, they've fallen right into his trap, and will have stupid reactions like a 5th grader in the hallway upset about having his lunch money stolen and being humiliated. And Green is shorter and weighs less than every post player on the Celtics. He's barely bigger than Marcus Smart.

They have a 10 man rotation already, the point being to rest the regulars more than with the 8 man rotation that is the norm in the NBA. Anyone else signed at this point, including bigs, will only get significant playing time if/when someone is hurt, and in blowouts. There's a chance they can sign a developmental big to replace Horford but they'd be incredibly lucky to find someone that blossoms that much, because if that talent was obvious, they'd already have a huge contract somewhere. Thomas Bryant is about as close as they might get.

The Celtics are very big already, with players usually on the floor that average an inch or more longer in height and (more importantly) wingspan across the board than their opponent. We heard every playoff opponent talk about it - "the Celtics are so long...."

Whenever it appeared they needed more muscle in the paint, like against Draymond Green, it was a mental issue, being pushed out of their game by a very wise veteran. If they try and play bully ball, they've fallen right into his trap, and will have stupid reactions like a 5th grader in the hallway upset about having his lunch money stolen and being humiliated. And Green is shorter and weighs less than every post player on the Celtics. He's barely bigger than Marcus Smart.

They have a 10 man rotation already, the point being to rest the regulars more than with the 8 man rotation that is the norm in the NBA. Anyone else signed at this point, including bigs, will only get significant playing time if/when someone is hurt, and in blowouts. There's a chance they can sign a developmental big to replace Horford but they'd be incredibly lucky to find someone that blossoms that much, because if that talent was obvious, they'd already have a huge contract somewhere. Thomas Bryant is about as close as they might get.

???

They only have 2 legit bigs now., as Grant Williams is just 6'6". One of those bigs is aging and needs to have his time managed. The other big gets hurt all the time.

Celtics need to find room for Mfiondu Kabengele or a reasonable facsimile thereof somewhere in their building... I love watching big guys with hops eat rebounds...

Celtics need to find room for Mfiondu Kabengele or a reasonable facsimile thereof somewhere in their building... I love watching big guys with hops eat rebounds...

Got my wish; let's hope he makes the best of it...

I also hope they don't give up on Trevion Williams either... He doesn't play above the rim often unfortunately, but he knows what do to with the ball in his hands and he's still a load, both of which are Already Infinity Times Better than those facets of Luke Kornet's "game."

Cap'n how do you pronounce his name?
I get My fondue Cabin jelly.

i think they need someone like the Morris brothers. We are a very talented team, but sometimes lack that tough presence like they used to have with the Morris'

If this is a sign of things to come for Tatum then we are really in business. Brogdon also a great addition.

The players really seem to like and listen to Mazzulla. That’s half the battle for an NBA coach. We’ll see about his actual coaching on the court but being a top assistant under Ime is a positive.

If this is a sign of things to come for Tatum then we are really in business. Brogdon also a great addition.

The players really seem to like and listen to Mazzulla. That’s half the battle for an NBA coach. We’ll see about his actual coaching on the court but being a top assistant under Ime is a positive.
JB too. He seems to keep getting better each year. 35 each, not bad.

Dude is complete ****ing rancid, less-than-****ing-useless ****ing Garbage... A total & utter Waste of Everything. ****ing sickening.
are we really doing this again this year?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back