PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2022-23

Looks like a lot of media idiots are wanting the Celtics to trade for 33 year old Kevin Durant. One proposal I saw was Smart, White, Horford and Pritchard plus 2 first rounders. Lou Merloni's deal was 3 1st rounders and Smart.
These all sound like good trades to me.

For the other team, yeah...
Durant is a game changer on a good team. If we keep Tatum and preferably Brown and Durant, that’s closer to a title than this year even subtracting Smart.

Could be good for all parties. Tatum gets a vet who won before in a Kobe/Shaq sort of duo. KD would still be considered the best player and wouldn’t get the disrespect he got on the Warriors.

Also we want to 7 with Miami. If he goes there, it’s another block in the East

Durant is a game changer on a good team. If we keep Tatum and preferably Brown and Durant, that’s closer to a title than this year even subtracting Smart.

Could be good for all parties. Tatum gets a vet who won before in a Kobe/Shaq sort of duo. KD would still be considered the best player and wouldn’t get the disrespect he got on the Warriors.

Also we want to 7 with Miami. If he goes there, it’s another block in the East

I worry about Durant's age... And his lack of desire to play here...And his health post-Achilles'...

What if I offer everybody not named Tatum, Time Lord & Jaylen Brown, and keep the draft picks?

Barring a change of heart, Galinari's signing with the Celtics.

2 years
$13m

And, now, a trade:

The Indiana Pacers are trading guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Boston Celtics, sources tell ESPN.

The Celtics are sending Daniel Theis, Aaron Nesmith and a 2023 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Celtics are also including Nik Stauskas, Malik Fitts and Juwan Morgan in the trade, sources tell ESPN.

The Celtics wanted to land a true playmaking point guard and now acquire Malcolm Brogdon without costing themselves a core player. The Pacers land another first-round pick in the deal.

This is f'in awesome. Udoka asked for "more IQ" at the end of games and man did he just get it. Wow.
Plus frees up playing time for Bryant.

Very nice trade for the C’s. Definitely another shoe to drop, one of our PGs is getting included in a trade. Probably Pritchard.

"We don't need no stinkin' draft picks"

- Brad Stevens

Good trade. Lessens the sting of taking that bust nesmith over Cole Anthony.

New: Sources said the Cs spent weeks seeking ways to use their $17.1 million trade exception, but no deal was better than the Brogdon one. Also, a source stressed that Marcus Smart remains the unquestioned starting PG on this team.

According to a league source, the Celtics are expected to agree to a multi-year deal with Sam Hauser when the dust clears in the coming days, too. Boston made that route pretty clear when it declined Hauser's team option for next year.

I worry about Durant's age... And his lack of desire to play here...And his health post-Achilles'...

What if I offer everybody not named Tatum, Time Lord & Jaylen Brown, and keep the draft picks?
We were Durant’s first choice before Kyrie convinced him to go to the Nets

I don’t know on that. The lack of depth will be a problem. I wouldn’t mind trading Brown to minimize some of the hit from that end.

League sources tell MassLive that 2023 first round pick the Celtics are trading in Malcolm Brogdon deal is top-12 protected. If it doesn't convey this year, Pacers get a second-round pick instead.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back