PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021-22

Jaylen brown, 1 ON 5. He loves him some hero ball. Passing the ball. Is always an afterthought for him.
He did have 10 assists but he does have a tendency to get tunnel vision when he decides to drive to the rim. Often he makes incredible finishes but others he gets stripped. Needs to take a page out of Tatum’s book there.

He did have 10 assists but he does have a tendency to get tunnel vision when he decides to drive to the rim. Often he makes incredible finishes but others he gets stripped. Needs to take a page out of Tatum’s book there.
11 actually.

Went down a mini rabbit hole about contracts and death after the Haskins tragedy and found out about this tidbit that I was oblivious to at the time. Lewis was my first favorite Celtic (due to a move from out West), so it hit me hard at the time.

In the summer of 1993, the Celtics' Reggie Lewis died with three years left on a five-year deal worth almost $15 million. All of the money went to Lewis's estate.

However, the Celtics could only spend $480,000 on a replacement for their former star. And his contract continued to count against the salary cap, effectively hamstringing the Celtics for years. The salary cap back then was just a shade over $15 million per year, and Lewis's contract accounted for about 20 percent of that.

Yep. The league absolutely screwed the Cs on that. And, IIRC, something similar happened with another team a few years later and the league changed the rules so that the team didn't get screwed.

Philly wins their final game of the season forcing the Celtics to win in Memphis tomorrow to finish ahead of the 76ers. If Bucks win tomorrow it will eliminate the possibllity of a first round matchup with Kyrie and the Nets.

It's complicated but I think with the Bucks losing today,and the Nets winning sets up a Brooklyn/Boston series with a Cektics win, Would you consider sitting your starters to avoid that?

Last edited:
It's complicated but I think with the Bucks losing today,and the Nets winning sets up a Brooklyn/Boston series with a Cektics win, Would you consider sitting your starters to avoid that?
That's a tough call. Personally, I'd try to set up a loss, as the fewer megateams the Celts would have to go through the better, but it'd have to be far from blatant. Memphis is sitting most of their starters, so that's an even tougher road to a loss. Sitting the starters would just amp up the Raptors/Bulls.

Tatum with 14 first quarter points wants a 50 burger so he can move up on the MVP list.

Clearly they aren't afraid of the Nets.

So, they go 33-10 over the second half of the season, and their offense went from something like 20th to 1st. Not to mention the D.

So, they go 33-10 over the second half of the season, and their offense went from something like 20th to 1st. Not to mention the D.
I'm surprised that Udoka and Stevens haven't got much credit from the local media.

I'm surprised that Udoka and Stevens haven't got much credit from the local media.
I've seen some articles of late extolling them both and saying Udoka had to get consideration for coach of the year.

There are some salty Nets fans on twitter who expect a sweep.

The Celtics -115 face the Nets on Sunday at 3.30 on ABC, It was nice to see Nets bettors -8 losing money 115-108.

Last edited:
Man, the Celtics miss Robert Williams.

That was nuts, they won after playing like crap. Too many TOs and missed FTs. Hopefully they will play much better going forward. they have to. And thank god smart didn't force up a shot in that last possession.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back