PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2017/2018 Thread

If you felt very good about Wednesday night, then you'll be feeling very good all season long.

One of the bad things about the Hayward injury is that, from an offensive perspective, this season is now the Kyrie Irving Show, with Uncle Al Horford parking his lazy ass on the 3-point line waiting for the kick-out that may or may not come. Meanwhile, all of those potential offensive rebounds from all of the Irving, Brown, Rozier & Smart misses? Fuhgeddaboutit.
Brown who's currently shooting .500 from the field and averaging 21.5 points a game? That bust? Rozier who's shooting .44 from the field, .500 from 3 and averaging 12 points a game in 23 minutes?

I do not think Stevens is going to get away with playing Kyrie off the ball.
If anything I am intrigued with playing Rozier off the ball to aid in scoring from the 2 position.
Hayward is a unique player who would have been great playing the 2 - I do not think we can replace that in the same manner.
At some point Tatum may adapt to that position - he's a rookie and it will take time if that's Steven's plan.

Smart is out against the Sixers which means Rozier will be featured at the 2. I think the Sixers in the East will be a low playoff seed so this is a good test to see how our team does.

The one thing i worry about is that a talented physical big will give us a problems (JV, Gortat, Embiid) we really don't have much depth there

Smart is out against the Sixers which means Rozier will be featured at the 2. I think the Sixers in the East will be a low playoff seed so this is a good test to see how our team does.

The one thing i worry about is that a talented physical big will give us a problems (JV, Gortat, Embiid) we really don't have much depth there
We need Morris to be healthy and quickly.

We need Morris to be healthy and quickly.
1st win, Tatum with 15 points and 8 boards, Rozier 14 points, 7 boards and a couple of assists.

…and Brooklyn won tonight.

So far, so good...

LOLonzo balled out though in his second game. And of course LaVar won't shut up now. :(

I'm hoping that this kid busts hard because:
  1. He's a Laker.
  2. So we won't have to hear from his horse-toothed dad anymore.

LOLonzo balled out though in his second game. And of course LaVar won't shut up now. :(

I'm hoping that this kid busts hard because:
  1. He's a Laker.
  2. So we won't have to hear from his horse-toothed dad anymore.

His dad is a nut, but the kids basketball iq is through the roof. He’s exceptional, he sees the game already like an elite pg

Tatum has the Garden rocking tonight - he is on fire.

fultz who?

Tatum has the Garden rocking tonight - he is on fire.

fultz who?
Brown and Tatum with 45 points, 3 blocks and 5 steals between them.
Brown averaging 18.75 and Tatum 14.75 so far. Not bad for kids.

Watched parts of three of the last four games, really like this team.. the emergence of Brown and Tatum is really good for the Celtics and the fans.. glad to see that they are letting Tatum play instead of "learning about the NBA" on the bench, never understood that mentality..

Do not remember seeing this much "NBA athleticism and NBA speed" in Celtics younger players.. Danny Ainge did his homework... both these kids are emerging superstars... hopefully they are the cornerstones for the future.

Man, Washington freaking SUCKS. That was a disgusting display by both sides. It was as if neither team had ever actually been introduced to their coach. Or any coach.

I like isiah Thomas

But he can’t hold kyrie Irving’s jock

Nice tough win vs the Heat tonight - extremely physical game.

Irving 24 and Tatum 20 with 5 rebounds ... this kid is going to be a star when he learns to add assists.

Nice tough win vs the Heat tonight - extremely physical game.

Irving 24 and Tatum 20 with 5 rebounds ... this kid is going to be a star when he learns to add assists.

Tough week coming up. San Antonio. Sacramento and Oklahoma.

Awesome start to a tough week. Brad now has beaten San Antonio. Irving with 24, Brown with 18, and they outrebounded SA by 14 boards!

Rebounds, assists & FG% are my favourite basketball stats.
Rebounds are especially important on a team with brick-layers like Smart & Rozier chucking it up at 33% for the evening. I would include useless crap like Larkin & Nader, but they only had 5 shot attempts combined (making a whopping 1 of them).

Another good win. They're at the point where if they meet an inferior opponent, they crush them. 27 point win. Brown had 22, Tatum and Rozier chipped in 12 apiece and they outrebounded them 52-26.

Best record in the NBA currently.

Another good win. They're at the point where if they meet an inferior opponent, they crush them. 27 point win. Brown had 22, Tatum and Rozier chipped in 12 apiece and they outrebounded them 52-26.

Best record in the NBA currently.
Playing like a team and all locked in to team defense.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
Back