PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2017/2018 Thread

I can't believe they won that game. No Hayward, no Horford, no Irving, 18 points down, no problem.

I can't believe they won that game. No Hayward, no Horford, no Irving, 18 points down, no problem.
Barely 11 points in the 1st half - it was brick city.

I am loving this team. Quite the gritty bunch. On the ball defense is really, really good.

Brown , Smart and Rozier go a combined 9-42 from the floor and they still win. Lol

Brown , Smart and Rozier go a combined 9-42 from the floor and they still win. Lol
And as soon as The Best GM in the League And It's Not Even Close gets rid of those three brick-layers, plus Larkin & Nader, in exchange for players who actually have, you know, NBA-calibre shots, the better-off this team will be in the long run.

And as soon as The Best GM in the League And It's Not Even Close gets rid of those three brick-layers, plus Larkin & Nader, in exchange for players who actually have, you know, NBA-calibre shots, the better-off this team will be in the long run.
Not so fast on Brown and Rozier.

I'm ok with Smart walking

Yeah, you know, the Larkin that stepped up for Kyrie in the last game to hit 5-8 (2-3 from 3) plus 4-4 from the line to chip in 18 points. And why would you even mention Nader? He's cannon fodder, the 15th guy on the roster.

I'm so ****ing thankful that you aren't the GM of this team.

Not so fast on Brown and Rozier.

I'm ok with Smart walking
Not me. He's a shaky shooter, for sure, but the more I watch him play, the more evident it becomes to me that he does a lot of other things really, really well. I once didn't think much of his game. He's grown on me.

Idiotic take.

Not me. He's a shaky shooter, for sure, but the more I watch him play, the more evident it becomes to me that he does a lot of other things really, really well. I once didn't think much of his game. He's grown on me.
Smart is a Swiss army knife.

But replaceable.

Virtually everyone is replaceable. But, not always easily. It's just my take on him.

I like Smart. Had a nice game today. If he was here 10 years I'd be ok with that. Teams need 12-5-5 guys that play D.

Y
I like Smart. Had a nice game today. If he was here 10 years I'd be ok with that. Teams need 12-5-5 guys that play D.
Yeah, I do think it's possible, if not likely, that he goes elsewhere next season as a RFA. If so, I'll miss him. I know Popovich, for one, regards him highly.

As infuriating as Smart's streaky offense is night in night out, not only is he the key to the C's defense, he is the team's tone setter. The guy takes no possessions off on defense and his effort is infectious. I would go so far as to say he is the heart of the C's right now
It will be interesting to see how his contract plays out. He will be worth far more than Boston can shell out ....yet....he seems like a guy who may ultimately take less to stay a C.

Regarding best GM candidates, Golden State's guy has secured that title until further notice.

And Captain, worrying about the 14th and 15th players on the C's roster is like worrying about the nipples on a bull. Regarding Brown...he's progressing and I want to believe he's still in baby step mode. In the mean time, the C's need a legit NBA quality sniper if they are serious about challenging for a trophy.

The Golden State game should be a hoot....or a lopsided gutting given Boston's rough shooting of late

Last edited:
538.com now projects the Cs for 57 wins and gives them a 29% chance to make the finals. The Cavs shot at the finals is down to 19%.

13 in a row. Kyrie with 25, Morris with 21 and 10, Al with 17 and 11, Tatum with 19, and Brown with 14.

Ainge is looking pretty brilliant right now. The Cavs trade has a chance to be a win-win. But I know that it was already a win for the Celtics to get Irving. He is flourishing here under Brad Stevens. The only hang up would be "what if BKN is a top 3 pick"? I don't think that they will be but even if it is, Kyrie seems pretty worth a top draft pick.

The Sixers trade? Looks like a slam dunk to me. Markelle Fultz could become a great player in his own right. I'm confident that Ainge got himself a future perennial All-Star player at least. Tatum is for real.

What on earth was there to disagree with in this??

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back