PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS QB rankings- Mac Jones dissed

how many backups are ahead of him :D

We don't know what motivates him. We know that in terms of that particular intangible, he hasn't made us all go "whoa."

Year 3, and we're at the return of "we'll see what we've got." Lucky for him, his stinker reversion coincided with an epic implosion of the coaching staff. Alternately, tragically for him his rise to superstardom was momentarily interrupted.

I think there's a lot of lazy reporting.

It doesn't even qualify as "reporting." It isn't journalism, there's no information gathering that leads to a story. But it works perfectly, in that it is all about getting attention, to sell advertising, to keep people buying stuff, and round and round we go. A great big ole' Rube Goldberg.

The 3 first round rookies who have done absolutely nothing in the NFL are ahead of Mac Jones in these rankings? Lol

I'd say he should be around 20ish or so. With room to move up if all goes well with BOB running things.
Do you believe any of those franchises would trade those guys straight up for Mac?

He has to re-prove himself to get any respect. He has to do even better than 2021.
Lots of rookie QBs look great in year 1 of the NFL because defenses have no film on them other than college.

Year # 2 is where the rubber hits the road for a QB because NFL teams have broken down all year 1 film and devised ways to take away what you excelled at.

Lots of rookie QBs look great in year 1 of the NFL because defenses have no film on them other than college.

Year # 2 is where the rubber hits the road for a QB because NFL teams have broken down all year 1 film and devised ways to take away what you excelled at.
As of late first round QBs have tended to improve significantly from year 1 to year 2.

None of the other rookie QB's in Mac's class seem to have benefited from your claimed phenomenon; they all sucked except Mac.

None of the other rookie QB's in Mac's class seem to have benefited from your claimed phenomenon; they all sucked except Mac.
Mac did not suck in year 2?

This is fantastic news from you.

Do you believe any of those franchises would trade those guys straight up for Mac?
An irrelevant point that proves absolutely nothing. Do you think the raiders would’ve traded Jamarcus Russell for max jones a week and a half after drafting him? Draft positioning proves nothing other than potential. Many quarterbacks with much lesser potential had greater careers than those with all the potential in the world

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
An irrelevant point that proves absolutely nothing. Do you think the raiders would’ve traded Jamarcus Russell for max jones a week and a half after drafting him? Draft positioning proves nothing other than potential. Many quarterbacks with much lesser potential had greater careers than those with all the potential in the world
And as of now these rankings are betting on said potential over what they've seen from Mac Jones thus far, which is perfectly valid. It's not like Mac Jones is either an unknown or has had great NFL success despite his lack of tools. He's been "meh", and analysts would rather have the guys who could be substantially better or substantially worse than "meh". That's defensible.

And as of now these rankings are betting on said potential over what they've seen from Mac Jones thus far, which is perfectly valid. It's not like Mac Jones is either an unknown or has had great NFL success despite his lack of tools. He's been "meh", and analysts would rather have the guys who could be substantially better or substantially worse than "meh". That's defensible.
If this was a value rankings chart I would understand. This is power rankings, which to me, implies ability. To put guys who have never stepped foot on a field over guys who have been decent nfl players Is a joke. No big deal, it’s one guys opinion and everyone’s entitled. But I’m not impressed

No but these rankings say they're better than Mac. There is no evidence at all of that. They haven't taken one snap in the NFL.

If this was a value rankings chart I would understand. This is power rankings, which to me, implies ability. To put guys who have never stepped foot on a field over guys who have been decent nfl players Is a joke. No big deal, it’s one guys opinion and everyone’s entitled. But I’m not impressed
So every rookie by definition should be slotted in at the very bottom of these rankings? Note that none of them were ranked highly at all either.

What's the issue with believing Bryce Young should be a better QB in 2023 than Baker Mayfield, for instance?

Bailey Zappe could very likely take his job. If Mac Jones doesn't rebound.
If a JAG backup like Zappe takes Mac's job then something has gone very wrong with this team at the QB position and the Patriots will have to be looking again in the draft a year from now probably also with a new HC.

So every rookie by definition should be slotted in at the very bottom of these rankings? Note that none of them were ranked highly at all either.

What's the issue with believing Bryce Young should be a better QB in 2023 than Baker Mayfield, for instance?
And Brock Purdy is ranked 12 spots ahead of Young. 9 spots ahead of Stafford who won a Super Bowl.

So is Fields who is not a good passer.

This is a bad list.

And Brock Purdy is ranked 12 spots ahead of Young. 9 spots ahead of Stafford who won a Super Bowl.

So is Fields who is not a good passer.

This is a bad list.
I have no issues with saying the list is bad, I disagree with a whole lot there. I just don't think it's unfeasible for rookies to be placed above certain starters.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back