CB Brandon Flowers in talks with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter
Former Chargers and Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers is visiting Arizona on Wednesday, per league source. Also been talking with the Patriots.

Makes sense, #3 CB is really one of the only weaknesses on the roster. Have to assume he's fallen off a major cliff recently though.

If he has anything left, it's a solid pick-up for depth purposes on an already stacked secondary.

Can he play special teams? Cyrus can and I believe Rowe did too. I don't think he'd make the roster.

That would be nice. This team is already sooo stacked adding another starting quality corner would be crazy.

That would be nice. This team is already sooo stacked adding another starting quality corner would be crazy.
Coleman sucks.

What if Cyrus Jones implodes in the preseason?

Why not turn to a guy like Flowers if he can still play.

I think we need a safety more than another corner. Unless they plan on moving him to safety, this doesn't make sense.

Nate Washington kind of signing.
Competition w ARI might demand more than vet min . and he has better chance to make the team there.
He can take his last chance on champions though..

How many teams have a better 3rd CB than Rowe? I don't think many. Plus Harmon often plays the CB3 role.

Harmon is one of the best nickel players in the NFL, but I wonder if that may have masked some CB flaws last year (and could continue to this year).

Harmon is one of the best nickel players in the NFL, but I wonder if that may have masked some CB flaws last year (and could continue to this year).

I think his role on the team allows DMC to slide out of CF and cover receivers which masks some of the cover issues in the secondary.

I don't see him as a strength. With this roster, it's hard to find real problems.

Rowe is serviceable. Nothing awesome. Nothing terrible

He can spike in performance up to "good" though at times. I don't think you can expect too much more for a #3 QB.

Yep. He had some decent games last year. Consistency is the question

The coverage on Julio Jones on that absurd catch was perfect. That shows me he has the physical ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News