PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassius Marsh appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not mixing up anything. You're conflating a decision about which shoulder to take with the idea of ignoring lanes, when they are not necessarily mutually inclusive.
I'm sure you don't understand you are mixed up but you are. If you want to argue that a DE has to play contain when they pass rush every time then they would be required to maintain outside leverage. Of course neither are happening.

Yes belichick had a heavy tendency AGAINST MOBILE QBS to sacrifice the rush to maintain lanes to prevent the scramble.
To suggest that happens all the time just illustrates a lack of understanding.

We can go back and read/listen to Patriots defender after Patriots defender, and reporter after reporter, about this subject (Rodney's always been a great source about this subject).

Oh feel free to try to find any example that says belichick requires his DE to maintain contain every time they rush the passer.

Absolutely, like in every other defense a player is assigned contain in running plays.
To think that the DE has to play contain every single pass rush is telling the OT that the DE will only rush outside and we would have no chance to pass rush.

I just don't care enough to do so. You know what was meant, and what was meant was correct, as history has showed us again and again. You are now free to play all the word games you want,

What was meant was I said you don't know is marsh had contain. You think you do and are doubling down saying the patriots rushin lanes on every pass play ever.

and to pretend that a relative handful of possible exception plays somehow disprove the overall point of almost 2 decades of coaching style, because I'm done with this conversation.
lol handful. Your lack of x and o knowledge is showing through here, so I get why you are escaping with claiming you are done.

You will not find anyone who will tell you that a BB DE is always required to pass rush by maintain contain responsibilities.
Any other way you want to move the goalposts around does not change that
A) that was the discussion and
B) you are entirely wrong.

I like his motor and his aggressiveness. Needs to use it within his specified role though and not get overexcited and shoot his load on every snap...
Right, Marsh is a player who, like Harris, can be successful if he is utilized within his limitations.

As much as I liked this FG block the negatives far outweighed the positives yesterday with his lousy containment on the edge. And it has not been the first time it happens either.

Yeah. I lost count of the number of times I yelled out, "Marsh lost contain again!" Of all the players on D, he was the last person I would have expected to get an appreciation thread.

Still, MP must like what he sees out of Marsh overall. Marsh's defensive snap percentages have generally been increasing.

I chalk much of that up to him being the only guy on the roster with the possibility of a quick edge ruah, and the need to accelerate his learning curve.

I chalk much of that up to him being the only current guy on the roster with the possibility of a quick edge ruah, and the need to accelerate his learning curve over the course of this season.

I agree with most of that but I also like what @PatsWickedPissah wrote about Marsh being a work in progress and the comparison to Nink. If he sticks around and can continue to grow I think he could fill a very interesting niche with his weight/speed combination.

Right, Marsh is a player who, like Harris, can be successful if he is utilized within his limitations.
Harris has been a guy who played 99% of the snaps, and played the run, rushed and covered effectively for many years.
He has never been a guy who has to be utilized within his limitations.
Now age may impact that. But Harris has had a career of being a versatile do everything linebacker.

Harris has been a guy who played 99% of the snaps, and played the run, rushed and covered effectively for many years.
He has never been a guy who has to be utilized within his limitations.
Now age may impact that. But Harris has had a career of being a versatile do everything linebacker.

I thought Harris played well. And I loved that hit he laid on the RB coming through the inside, haven't seen any of those for a while. Looked to me like he held up well. And if he can be effective against a speed team like the Falcons, I think he's going to be one of those guys who shows up one day and wins us a game when we least expect it.

Marsh, Bademosi, Wise, Butler, Gilmore, Burkhead, Gills and the list goes on and on. What I like the most about these guys is that most, if not all, will get much better the more they play in the system.

I thought Harris played well. And I loved that hit he laid on the RB coming through the inside, haven't seen any of those for a while. Looked to me like he held up well. And if he can be effective against a speed team like the Falcons, I think he's going to be one of those guys who shows up one day and wins us a game when we least expect it.
Go back and rewatch that play and look at what he does to the OL that comes out to block him first.

He destroyed the block.

I thought Harris played well. And I loved that hit he laid on the RB coming through the inside, haven't seen any of those for a while. Looked to me like he held up well. And if he can be effective against a speed team like the Falcons, I think he's going to be one of those guys who shows up one day and wins us a game when we least expect it...
…or is, at the very least, an improvement over Roberts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back