PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caserio staying put...per PFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pioli really, i think hes better than pioli. It seemed the drafting got better after Pioli went to KC where he bombed.

I agree, which is why I said he was better. Caserio is the best personnel guy the Pats have had during the Belichick Era.

I work in software so trust me when I say that newer version does not mean better.

Either way, I'm a big Caserio fan and it is no mistake that the drafting improved following Pioli's exit/Caserio's promotion

Screw the title and egos, a guy needs to be smart, he is making top money compared to the average joe, in a winning and stable environment, why change that now? Just for power and status? Look around the league there is not a lot of places with a good environment like NE, maybe there's no one. The smart decision is to stay put, the entire league, specially the AFC is waiting for BB and Brady to retire, right now the AFC has 5 playoff spots and 1 bye week spot in the playoff race, year in year out. Stay in the winning boat, when Brady and BB retire than maybe it will be time to make a move as the league will be in a new era.

Also, this is just a thought with no base, but I really think BB did a great job (and still does) in terms of installing a culture in the organization that is to not care about the stat sheet, that's for players, coaches and other people in the staff. If you are doing your job right and helping the team winning on the field, it will be noticed and rewarded.

There's no salary cap for team execs and coaches. Kraft (despite the anti-semitism from a certain subset) pays top dollar and gives BB everything he wants. Every FA that comes the NE has marveled at the facilities, the equipment the food (most famously, Corey Dillon in a 2004 Boston Magazine feature positively waxing poetic about the Alaskan crab legs in the team cafetaria - - I think they plied him with french fries in Cincy).

Caserio signed what must be an unheard of contract extension with the Pats before the last game of the 2014 season - - -6 years, through 2020.

Unheard of only in the sense that they actually talked about when it expires. We don't know anything about Belichick's contract at this point.

Screw the title and egos, a guy needs to be smart, he is making top money compared to the average joe, in a winning and stable environment, why change that now? Just for power and status?

What about for the challenge?

By and large coordinators and execs who get a chance to become HCs and GMs are all coming from well-paying jobs in successful organizations. They're all giving up a more secure position for the chance to rise to the pinnacle of their professions and run their own shows.

If you have a chance at that, there's no guarantee that chance comes again. You could end up always wondering "what if." I really hope Caserio and McDaniels stay, but I wouldn't blame them for going for it.

Just because he isn't interested in being GM of a dumpster fire in SF doesn't mean he isn't interested in being a GM somewhere else.

FWIW Jason La Canfora on CBS pre game said the 49ers job is McDaniels to lose and if he gets it, even though Caserio turned down interviewing the first time, he would be interested if they hire McDaniels.

Either way, I'm a big Caserio fan and it is no mistake that the drafting improved following Pioli's exit/Caserio's promotion

Let's not get carried away here

- Pats won 3 championships in 4 years with Pioli. Almost had a perfect season with his guys
- It's as likely that yes Caserio did a good job after Pioli left, but it could just as much be that Caserio made smart defensive picks after McDaniels left to destroy the Denver Broncos roster (and stop the Pats wasting first round picks on Maroney or Chad Jackson players).

FWIW Jason La Canfora on CBS pre game said the 49ers job is McDaniels to lose and if he gets it, even though Caserio turned down interviewing the first time, he would be interested if they hire McDaniels.
Really hope not on both accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes