PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caserio staying put...per PFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caserio reportedly staying put with Pats

Discuss this development, the effect it may have on Josh and Matt's decisions and the future stability of the franchise...

IMO, an extremely soothing development. I'm a huge fan of organizational continuity for the NEP.

To be fair I don't see why he would go anywhere else except if they'd pay substantially more money. He has significant input on drafting, contracts and trades and works for the best organization in the sport. Additionally, he also can be part time coach during practices, workouts and combine drills.

Would getting the "title of GM" on paper really be that attractive to him compared to what he has here ?

To be fair I don't see why he would go anywhere else except if they'd pay substantially more money. He has significant input on drafting, contracts and trades and works for the best organization in the sport. Additionally, he also can be part time coach during practices, workouts and combine drills.

Would getting the "title of GM" on paper really be that attractive to him compared to what he has here ?

In an ego driven league of testosterone, there will always be plenty of men who want "to be the reason" the winning occurs & to be "the decision maker" for the franchise. Here, despite his excellent work, BB is and always will be "the man". Caserio will never get full recognition for his work, perhaps.

Glad to see Caserio stay, but I could understand if he wanted to be the true leader/decision maker for a franchise. Having said that - being someone who doesn't need the adulation of others to see value in my work - I would be like Caserio : refusing to leave a sweet spot.

In an ego driven league of testosterone, there will always be plenty of men who want "to be the reason" the winning occurs & to be "the decision maker" for the franchise. Here, despite his excellent work, BB is and always will be "the man". Caserio will never get full recognition for his work, perhaps.

Glad to see Caserio stay, but I could understand if he wanted to be the true leader/decision maker for a franchise. Having said that - being someone who doesn't need the adulation of others to see value in my work - I would be like Caserio : refusing to leave a sweet spot.

He's young enough that he we will eventually be able to that here.

Yeah I kinda understand that but then again I don't think he would have survived here for that long.

I guess I am just wired differently but I enjoy success together in a team so much more than individual success. Happy he stays put..

My belief is BB gives him a ton of autonomy. He's not asking for permission every 5 minutes to do something.

His name might not be on the masthead but it's pretty damn close.

Other than Pioli, there is a growing track record of ex-Pat personnel guys getting the job done elsewhere.My perception is Caserio can get a job running another team in a heartbeat.

The fact that he is staying means he loves it here, is challenged, is learning and paid reasonably well.

Great news all around.

I have a friend who has been living in the Bay Area since '94. Nick (and anyone else who may be available to be interviewed) should avoid the 49'ers like the plague.

They currently run that football operation like a teen clique, passive aggressive leaks to the media, backstabbing and with an all too Fox "Scream Queens" like insanity.

These guys are all young. They have plenty of time to carve out their niche. Stick around, pad that resume. It's a no brainer.

that would make a cool gambling name..

Caserio isn't leaving until someone blows him away with money and gives him complete control and even then he might not go if the situation isn't right. I know he doesn't have the GM title here but he's as close to as a GM as you'll get with Belichick

This would seemingly make it less likely that Josh will go to SF as well.

As much as I'd prefer not to lose Josh, if he leaves I hope it is for a job with more stable ownership than SF. The Jags might be good.

I feel like he is a loyal dude and is fully invested in the program lets see if Josh and Matt feel the same way.

I don't question their loyalty one bit, they are completely loyal to Belichick and the Patriots and have shown it throughout their tenures in NE. All of them have every right to move up the food chain and move to another franchise if there is a good opportunity available to them, and that won't make them any less loyal if they do.

If Josh has to leave the Patriots, I hope Caserio / Patricia can stick long enough to become the GM / HC combo post-BB. The longer we keep the pieces together, the longer we can keep winning titles. And to be honest, I don't want to test the validity of the Weiss/Crennel theorem that states that the simultaneous loss of both coordinators in a professional football dynasty tends to delay the next SB win by a decade.

I feel like he is a loyal dude and is fully invested in the program lets see if Josh and Matt feel the same way.

Tidbit of info....Nick married a local girl who ran events marketing for the Patriots and they have two small children.

From personal experience, Ive had a number of opportunities to relocate and in the short term it cost me some promotions. I don't regret it one bit.

Sometimes the roots are buried too deep and digging them up is too hard and not worth it.

Besides, happy wife is a happy life.

Last edited:
I think if Belichick was 10 years younger Caserio would probably take one of these opportunities, but Belichick is 65 in a few months so Caserio probably figures this job is his at some point in the next 5-10 years. He makes good $ and has roots here. Better to stay and take over from Belichick whenever he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back