PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cardinals cellphone breaks

I still can't believe he is dating that goddess and she is head over heels in love with him.
I’d imagine a great many guys and butch lesbians nicknamed “Buzz” got into golf just because of her. Mother of God...

upload_2019-3-27_8-35-6.jpeg

in exchange for undivided attention during the meeting? works for me

I’d imagine a great many guys and butch lesbians nicknamed “Buzz” got into golf just because of her. Mother of God...

View attachment 22948

Yea she was on the Golf Channel for a couple of years. Met her loser ex-husband there.

I'm on a golf fan board where we talk about tournaments, players, new equipment, etc and one thread was "Holly Sonders Divorced" and it had like 10 pages. All the old Bob Kraft types came out of the woodwork.

in exchange for undivided attention during the meeting? works for me
That doesn't actually work. They'll still check their phones whenever they think you aren't looking, and often even when you are

Source: Worked 2 years as a supervisor in a call center. If we tried to fire people for cell phone policy violations we wouldn't have any workers left. We eventually had to change our policy from "no cell phones on the calling floor" to "Please just put it away when a call comes in" and still we had issues.

I don't know how I feel about this rule. I kinda get what he is trying to do.

It's a different generation now. People in their 20s and 30s grew up with phones. I understand the urge to fiddle. 20 or 30 minutes seems a bit too accommodating to me but i'm older.

On the other hand these players are making millions of dollars and have a job to do. They can't keep their phones in their pocket for longer than 20 minutes for things not work-related?

I think 1 hr is reasonable to check email, texts, etc. Social media and games I don't get but whatever.

I think KK is trying to be flexible but he needs to find a way to get these kids to concentrate and focus and most importantly play well.

Even better would be ways to use the smartphone to their advantage, like finding an app that does play diagrams so players can study them on their phones.

That doesn't actually work. They'll still check their phones whenever they think you aren't looking, and often even when you are

Source: Worked 2 years as a supervisor in a call center. If we tried to fire people for cell phone policy violations we wouldn't have any workers left. We eventually had to change our policy from "no cell phones on the calling floor" to "Please just put it away when a call comes in" and still we had issues.

it works fine if you enforce no phones during the meeting time.......it's not hard

if they can't handle it, they are told to leave their phones at their locker

it works fine if you enforce no phones during the meeting time.......it's not hard

if they can't handle it, they are told to leave their phones at their locker
ANd that's fine, until you start running up against a real hardhead that dares you to hand out the consequences.

I prefer to avoid lose-lose situations over issues that can be worked with.

Meh, what's a little cell break? Tomlin lets his guys stream from the locker room and still can't keep them happy.

Why is he even announcing this now? This just sounds embarrassing.

Meh, what's a little cell break? Tomlin lets his guys stream from the locker room and still can't keep them happy.
Yes... Tomlin is laissez-faire and it blew up in his smug face. This'll be the same.

Will there be crying breaks too?

Every 20 to 30 minutes seems a bit extreme.......to check their social media?

Sometimes I go to work and forget my phone at home. My office does just fine in chaining me down.

ANd that's fine, until you start running up against a real hardhead that dares you to hand out the consequences.

I'd imagine that the coach would just fine the player, conduct detrimental to the team.

This is pretty hilarious. If players cannot focus in a meeting for an hour, then how can you expect them to have the discipline to prepare to seriously compete in the NFL?

I’m 32 and I find this ridiculous. It’s work. You can go without your cell phone for a little bit.
Should give them practice partcipation trophies IMO.

Really though, may just find they focus better. In Air Force schooling nowadays they take a 10 min break every hour and a half or so.

Belichick's reaction, upon hearing this news.
GentleCreamyDungbeetle-small.gif

Holy crap that’s pathetic. What a great culture he’s instilling there.

it's easy......tell them to get out of the room.....once they start dropping down the depth chart, they will comply

'working with' means letting the inmates run the asylum. all it takes is for you to be a few seconds late to be sent home by BB.......how does that work out?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back