PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cardinals cellphone breaks

OR ... they could want to be adults and professionals.

Screw it, I'm going to ask my boss for "Division 2" breaks.

May be it helps the players that their coach wants to be personable and let them take important calls during team meetings. But these kind of things need to be done behind the scenes and not said out to the media and become a joke.
His reasoning to give them breaks is to keep focus on the meetings seems silly and stupid considering he thinks they have a "social media itch".

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
This doesn't bother me.

This. I'm sure Kingsbury is going to drive them even further into the ground but this probably isn't the move that takes them there.

He wants to be their buddy

This doesn't bother me.
Doesn't bother me either : as they are an opponent. To accept this means you are admitting your paid professionals are unable to be focused enough to do their highly paid job w/o NEEDING to check their phones. It's a losing strategy. I'd sooner rid myself of the guys who aren't all in and get UDFA that care and work hard.

Google "Arizona State Coeds" and you'll know why the players need a moment to themselves.
Kliffy probably instituted this policy just to get himself some extra Holly Sanders time.
Devious
Cardinals win total projection....4.5
Take the under even if they draft shorty

I suspect there will be, in general, a divide here related to age.
There shouldn't be. Prior to cell phones, there was still a lot of things that people would rather be doing than sitting in meetings (smoke breaks, video games, reading, whatever). Nobody likes meetings, but pros should be able to act like pros for more than 20 minutes at a clip.

I'm not sure. I'm not that old (just into my 30s as of last year), and I LOVE phone time, such as this current post, but a team meeting or training session deserves my attention. There's plenty of time for phones after the coach or manager is finished speaking. Sure, I browse here a lot during office hours, but I put everything away when there's a call or meeting, etc. It's possible to cultivate attention spans greater than half an hour.

I guess it's a matter of building a cohesive culture. Belichick was losing his mind when his defense didn't preserve a shutout up 35 points. He demands buy in and excellence. I doubt he would schedule MyFace break time during meetings. ;)

Kliff probably wants to take his own cell phone breaks during meetings. Might as well let everybody if they are just going to sit there and wait for him to finish.

BTW, should the headline read "Former Patriot thinks players should play on their phones" or something?

Are they going to get time outs during the game to check their cell phones, or perhaps be given a few minutes to run back to the locker room to check their cell phones?

Wonder how long they'll be checking the clock to see when their break is up for their cell phone check. Seems it won't make them more focused during the meeting, but rather less.

Google "Arizona State Coeds" and you'll know why the players need a moment to themselves.
Kliffy probably instituted this policy just to get himself some extra Holly Sanders time.
Devious
Cardinals win total projection....4.5
Take the under even if they draft shorty

I still can't believe he is dating that goddess and she is head over heels in love with him.

I’m 32 and I find this ridiculous. It’s work. You can go without your cell phone for a little bit.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back